What 4-3 personnel is worth saving and building around?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I know the Bears have said they had no plans to go to a 3-4 but I'm wondering if it's not a smokescreen cause the last 2 drafts they seemed to be picking players better suited for a 3-4. You'd need a new d-line but you need that anyway.

Why would Emery predetermine what kind of scheme the DC will run?

Liked Posts:
I know the Bears have said they had no plans to go to a 3-4 but I'm wondering if it's not a smokescreen cause the last 2 drafts they seemed to be picking players better suited for a 3-4. You'd need a new d-line but you need that anyway.

That's what I wonder. I can't say that a 3-4 will happen but I sure as hell have figured out that I really can't listen to Emerys plans for the roster going forward/long term from what he's said in a press conference. He said he saw Lovie staying the HC moving forward, that it was his full intent for Urlacher to retire a Bear which did happen, but people & Urlacher assumed Emery meant retire down the road for whatever reason. Emery wasn't going to come out & say they were going to switch to a 3-4 next season in any circumstance, let alone at a time the Bears appeared to have a chance at the postseason, & when the current roster is made up of a bunch of defenders that are coming up on free agency & do not fit a 3-4.