Hypothetical thought on Bosh/Amare and Gordon

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Ok I recognize in a perfect world you would like to have Gordon and acquire a superstar bigman like Bosh or Amare but if it came down to either or which would you rather?

1) Extend Gordon at say 6/54, move Hinrich to Minny to clear space(Madsen and a future 1st rd pick), keep Thomas and Noah and use the draft picks on another bigman and maybe a point guard.

Rose, Rookie PG, Vet PG
Gordon,Salmons
Deng,(Salmons)
Tyrus Thomas, Rookie big, Tim Thomas
Noah,Miller,Gray

2) Let Gordon walk, trade Tyrus Thomas, Jerome James, both 1st rd picks in 09 for Amare and a filler like Tucker

Rose, Hinrich
Salmons, FA pickup
Deng,Tucker
Amare,Tim Thomas
Noah,Miller,Gray

Take your pick.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i'm sorry, it hurts me to let go of gordon, but if you can get chris bosh, you don't turn it down. it basically becomes a choice between gordon and a non-lottery pick or bosh/amare. i'm sorry, bosh wins.

DJhitek

Liked Posts:
I agree, although I feel it's quite the long shot to get either Bosh or Amare.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i don't think so. bosh and amare are making it fairly clear they don't want to be with their respective teams. even when things were going good, they didn't seem very happy. we will probably have the best talent pool to get chris bosh.

toronto could get: tyrus, 2 draft picks (which could be fairly valuable, since it is a balanced draft), jerome james (valuable piece, because his salary will be paid by insurance, saving a struggling toronto team 6 mil), and now we could throw in john salmons, who is a great addition to a team whose biggest hole is at the 2. this package is very valuable, because it contains potential, nearly 20 ppg scorer, salary relief, and possible new talent with the draft picks. if we throw in salmons, we might even get to keep the worse pick.

phoenix would also be relieved about the insured salary, and if it's rebuilding time, picks can't hurt. they can also get salmons to play the three, giving them a better player than aging grant hill and inconsistent matt barnes.

if we keep BG, we will have passed on the missing piece for the last couple of years. even if we have to start hinrich at the 2, we are better than with BG and without bosh.

pdenninggolden

Liked Posts:
Right now I like Option 1. The Bulls, as now assembled, are starting to mesh together nicely. Bosh seems sort of like a diva, in my opinion.

DJhitek

Liked Posts:
They can want out all they want, in the end the Suns or Raptors determine if they are gone until next summer. Amare? Maybe...because they have shown interest. The Raptors? Not so much. Anything is possible, but getting good value for those guys would take more than just Tyrus, Salmons and a couple picks in a medoicre draft.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i disagree. i think he's just never been in the right situation for him to thrive. i think he could be a top 5 player if he goes to the bulls next year, even better than he is now.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
DJhitek wrote:
The Raptors? Not so much... Anything is possible, but getting good value for those guys would take more than just Tyrus, Salmons and a couple picks in a medoicre draft.

i think the raptors are going to realize they ARE going to lose bosh after next season if they don't deal him.

don't forget, a mediocre draft means more talent down in the middle, it's just not strong at the top, which doesn't matter in our case.

DJhitek

Liked Posts:
I don't view NBA drafts that way, any draft has those gems that you just have to get lucky and know what to look for. A mediocre draft means just that, the talent isn't no where near the likes of a Chris Bosh. That's what counts for teams like the Raptors a year removed from the playoffs.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I'll take Amare because this game I just saw with Raps and Bulls was horrible. Bosh basically outscored our frontcourt. That is crazy to even think about. If that don't work, I think we need to draft Craig Brackins with that first pick and let the Power-Forwards battle this off-season for the position next season. With the other pick, I would draft someone like AJ Ogilvy - assuming his avail.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
I'd take Gordon not because I like him more, but because he's a bird in the hand. You can keep him simply by making a decent offer. The star bigman trade is a much more iffy proposition, no more than a 50-50 risk.

That said, if your ultimate goal is a championship I don't think Gordon is going to get you there, it would take development by Rose plus an upgrade to the frontcourt either through the kids growing up or through trade. But I think it's a reasonable assumption that Noah and Tyrus will continue to improve for the next year or two, and Rose will likely turn into a star.