Hinrich and Miller, same time every game

ZombieKevie

Liked Posts:
ive seen lately that when hinrich is needed miller comes along with, and vice versa. if noah is in early foul trouble miller checks in along with hinrich for gordon or rose even if they are playing great. it happens normally at about the 6th minute mark in the 1st and 3rd quarters. it really annoys me.

and how come linton johnson was in for a while yesterday, it was in the 1st half. he made a few mistakes but after that he was kept in, yeah he didnt return after the 1st half but still. we were down by 10, with hinrich, rose, johnson, tim thomas, and i think noah. not the best defense with rose, johnson and thomnas. and little offense with the exception of rose... please explain why this happened.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I'd guess Johnson was in because of team fatigue. Salmons played a crapload the game before, and players are typically on a 4am-noon sleeping schedule, factor in a travel day back to back with an early tip off the next day, and it's a rough day for the guys fatigue wise.

I figured they wanted to get some of their guys some extra rest because of that.

I think Hinrich/Miller coming in together is partially a combination because you lose some scoring with Hinrich for Rose or Hinrich for Gordon. So bringing in Miller with Hinrich helps to keep the overall floor balance of offense better. Also, by consistently putting in players together in patterns, you have greater continuity when they play. Hinrich will always be used to playing with Miller and won't have to adjust to the other guys as frequently.

Defined rotations set even expectations for guys, so that they always know what to expect. I haven't paid that close attention recently, but it used to be around the 8-10 minute mark that Hinrich came in rather than the 6 minute one.

dabullz1

Liked Posts:
I know it is a little of topic and dont know if you guys went over it, but did Derrick Rose get jipped on Foul Calls in crunch time? especially after the play after Bosh got a ticky call on him. I told my sister during the game that Rose never gets a call, and the other superstars do. then that happened. You guys think Rose wil get those calls nex year?

HeavyC

Liked Posts:
He has to eventually start getting calls, but probably not until next year.

Sam Mintz

Liked Posts:
the calls will come but i agree this year he has gotten a raw deal, once he gets them he will be unstoppable

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Though we've shifted topics, I agree that Rose got shafted particularly at that call. I was watching the game with a buddy and I said that was a foul, they probably would have called it if Rose had missed the shot. The foul on Bosh on the other end was probably a little bit more severe, but not a whole lot more. I think you either have to call both of those or let both go.

I do think Rose deserved several and1s that he didn't get in Toronto, but I do think it will be much better next year if he keeps playing like he is. He just needs to start bitching about calls more, have vinny bitch about calls more, and have the bulls send mixtapes of all the non calls in after every game.

When it's brought up enough he'll get the whistle in the long run.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Vinny doesn't have the guts to do that. From what I hear hes just too nice of a guy

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Heh...they were just talking on the Score about how Cuban sends in written critiques of the refs after every game. Maybe we should take a page out of his book.

turdburglar

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Though we've shifted topics, I agree that Rose got shafted particularly at that call. I was watching the game with a buddy and I said that was a foul, they probably would have called it if Rose had missed the shot. The foul on Bosh on the other end was probably a little bit more severe, but not a whole lot more. I think you either have to call both of those or let both go.

As long as this thread has already been thoroughly hijacked I will gladly chime in. It is utter BS. I have not seen a rookie get shafted this bad ever- let alone a #1 overall?!? Where this "rule" came from where refs will wait to see if the shot goes in THEN blow the whistle is getting very old. Has it always been this way? I guess I have never noticed it until this year. This could account for Rose getting shafted - because he finishes. He doesn't heave the ball into the air and yell "HEEEEEEEEY" like some players tend to do. Or lay down and fake an injury until the whistle blows like others. Its BS that refs reward that garbage and don't reward players who fight through contact like Rose. Also, yes Doug, refs DO need some consistency...

I will contribute to the original discussion and further add that I wonder if we should be starting Miller/Noah. We can not get off to good starts for whatever reason - maybe the Noah/Tyrus frontcourt? They do get better as they go but we suck to start usually... I do think Miller and Kirk are paired to gain some familiarity and balance scoring. Salmons would be in that mix too if he wasn't forced to start right now.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
ryguy24 wrote:
Heh...they were just talking on the Score about how Cuban sends in written critiques of the refs after every game. Maybe we should take a page out of his book.

This is kind of iffy though because the league hates Cuban for it. Cuban hired officials to "re-ref" the game and find all of the bad calls against the Mavericks.

There's a line you have to be wary of between where you are getting hte league to pay attention to your cause and when you are just pissing them off. I think the league actually gave the title to Miami largely because they were pissed at Cuban those games were reffed horribly in favor of the heat.

Influencing the refs is probably done best through VDN and Rose on the floor with a backup message from the Bulls management to the league at basically only a slightly increased pace of what the rest of the league does.