Official Playoff Watch Thread. Bulls: 7th Seed.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Re:Official Playoff Watch Thread. Bulls: 8th Seed.

Game Celtics.

Kush77

Liked Posts:

Detroit has to play at Philly, then host the Bobcats. Wouldn't it be great if the Pistons ended up being 9th. I would love it.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:

What looked like a crappy night for us turned into a really good night. Hopefully the Heat win one for us on Friday and hopefully this game wore the Bobcats out.

cool007

Liked Posts:

Kush77 wrote:
Detroit has to play at Philly, then host the Bobcats. Wouldn't it be great if the Pistons ended up being 9th. I would love it.

I would realy like that however Bobcats then might steal the spotlight that will be on us as the only team that wasn't expected to make the playoffs but did out of any other teams.

When the season started everyone thought these teams would make the playoffs or were in the conversation the most:

Boston
Cleveland
Orlando
Detroit
Philly
Toronto
Atlanta
Miami
New Jersey

I saw those teams names consistently not only by the media but every teams fans thought these are the teams that would make it and 1 of those might miss it.

Bulls pretty much nobody picked to make the playoffs. This is why we would be talked a lot about and would be totally underdog as no-one will expect us to win even 1 game (I see it more like how we played Heat back in 05-06 season).

collisrost

Liked Posts:

I think it would be a great boost for the young guys if the Bulls are the cinderella team of the playoffs giving their superior opponents a scare. This would not only encourage guys to want to join thew Bulls (I'm looking at you, Chris Bosh), but also would help with the referees attitudes next year.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

I'm really hoping we make the 7th seed now. Boston has KG ailing, and he may not be healthy even for the playoffs. If Boston falls back because of that then we get Orlando whom most people wanted out of the big 3.

It will be interesting to see how the team plays over the final 6 games. The health of John Salmons will probably be key. At least the three days off came at a good time in that regard to let everyone rest up for the stretch run.

The Detroit game will determine whether we can get the 7th seed, and the Charlotte game will at least partially determine whether we beat Charlotte or not. I think we can beat Charlotte even without winning that game, while I think we need the win at Detroit to get 7th.

Either way, hard to view the Bulls as Cinderella. We'd need to present some threat of winning a series for that to happen. Instead we'll be joked about and mocked by Barkley in every pre-game as a team that sucks and they'll complain about how many bad teams they let into the playoffs.

cool007

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:
I'm really hoping we make the 7th seed now. Boston has KG ailing, and he may not be healthy even for the playoffs. If Boston falls back because of that then we get Orlando whom most people wanted out of the big 3.

It will be interesting to see how the team plays over the final 6 games. The health of John Salmons will probably be key. At least the three days off came at a good time in that regard to let everyone rest up for the stretch run.

The Detroit game will determine whether we can get the 7th seed, and the Charlotte game will at least partially determine whether we beat Charlotte or not. I think we can beat Charlotte even without winning that game, while I think we need the win at Detroit to get 7th.

Either way, hard to view the Bulls as Cinderella. We'd need to present some threat of winning a series for that to happen. Instead we'll be joked about and mocked by Barkley in every pre-game as a team that sucks and they'll complain about how many bad teams they let into the playoffs.

Yes. As long as we take care of our home games, I think we have a very good chance at taking the 7th seed, even if we lose to Pistons. We are playing much better than Pistons and have easier schedule.

The most important thing is to have everyone healed and healthy for the final couple of games and then go out full force with "we have nothing to lose" attitude and surprise everyone. If KG is out, then I would like our chances for forcing it to game 7 and then who knows.

I also like 7th seed coz the winner plays the winner of 3rd/6th seed - I think we can play Orlando tough in the 2nd round.

Regarding Barkley and TNT, I think if we win all of our home games, our record will be 41-41 - and that's 50%. so they can not say a LOSING team is making the playoffs coz we are NOT a losing team if we are a 50% team.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:

I like that Celtics series. If KG is healthy though we will get it handed to us

boogernights

Liked Posts:

In as much as I hate the Pistons, I hope they make the playoffs so they won't have a chance even if it's 0.7 or something to get Blake Griffin. You'll never know.

cool007

Liked Posts:

Tonight Games to Watch:

Big game: Miami Heat @ Charlotte Bobcats

Battle for 2nd seed: Atlanta @ Boston & Cleveland @ Orlando.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

cool007 wrote:
Tonight Games to Watch:

Big game: Miami Heat @ Charlotte Bobcats

Battle for 2nd seed: Atlanta @ Boston & Cleveland @ Orlando.

Hopefully Miami wins.

I don't think the Bulls will make the 5th seed, Philly's on a roll, and I don't really see all that much difference between playing the Cavaliers, Celtics, and Magic. They're all great teams. So just having Charlotte and Detroit losing every game would be great.

It would also be great, imo, if te April 11th game against Charlotte, if we win, we could knock them out of the playoffs, or the same thing 2 days later when we go to Detroit.

DanTown

Liked Posts:

Lets just say the Bulls win their last 5 home games and they lose at Detroit. They finish 41-41.

Lets now say how realistically the other teams finish

Detroit:
@ Philadelphia L
Charlotte W
@ New York W
New Jersey W
@ Indiana L
Chicago W
@ Miami L
Finish 40-42

Philadelphia:
Detroit W
@ New Jersey W
@ Charlotte L
@ Chicago L
Cleveland L
@ Toronto W
Boston L
@ Cleveland L
Finish 42-40

Miami
@ Charlotte L
@ Washington W
New Orleans L
@ Boston L
New York W
@ Atlanta L
Detroit W
Finish 42-40

Likely finish to bottom four
5. Miami (better conference record)
6. Philadelphia
7. Chicago
8. Detroit

Likely Top 4
1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Atlanta

cool007

Liked Posts:

5th and 6th seed is practically out of our reach so best possible is 7th and I would be happy with either 7th or 8th.

I just hope we win the rest of the games and go with a winning momentum.

I don't think Pistons/Bobcats will lose that many games so every game is important.

Bulls vs Pistons game will probably determine if we can get 7th or 8th seed.

cool007

Liked Posts:

DanTown wrote:
Lets just say the Bulls win their last 5 home games and they lose at Detroit. They finish 41-41.

Lets now say how realistically the other teams finish

Detroit:
@ Philadelphia L
Charlotte W
@ New York W
New Jersey W
@ Indiana L
Chicago W
@ Miami L
Finish 40-42

Philadelphia:
Detroit W
@ New Jersey W
@ Charlotte L
@ Chicago L
Cleveland L
@ Toronto W
Boston L
@ Cleveland L
Finish 42-40

Miami
@ Charlotte L
@ Washington W
New Orleans L
@ Boston L
New York W
@ Atlanta L
Detroit W
Finish 42-40

Likely finish to bottom four
5. Miami (better conference record)
6. Philadelphia
7. Chicago
8. Detroit

Likely Top 4
1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Atlanta

That is a good breakdown but for Pistons, if they beat both Pacers and Bulls then they will have a tie breaker against us and will be 8th seed instead of us.

What about Charlotte's remaining games breakdown??? They are also in the running.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

9. Charlotte Bobcats

Games Back: 5.5 games behind Philadelphia, 5.0 games behind Miami, 2.0 games behind Detroit, 1.5 games behind Chicago
Record: 34-41
Record Ceiling: 41-41
Record Floor: 34-48
Tie Breakers: Chicago
Undecided Tie Breakers: Philadelphia, Miami

Remaining Games:

vs. Miami
@ Detroit
vs. Philadelphia
@ Oklahoma City
@ Chicago
@ New Jersey
@ Orlando

cool007

Liked Posts:

??? ?????? wrote:
9. Charlotte Bobcats

Games Back: 5.5 games behind Philadelphia, 5.0 games behind Miami, 2.0 games behind Detroit, 1.5 games behind Chicago
Record: 34-41
Record Ceiling: 41-41
Record Floor: 34-48
Tie Breakers: Chicago
Undecided Tie Breakers: Philadelphia, Miami

Remaining Games:

vs. Miami
@ Detroit
vs. Philadelphia
@ Oklahoma City
@ Chicago
@ New Jersey
@ Orlando

Remaining Games (Bobcats):

vs. Miami
@ Detroit
vs. Philadelphia
@ Oklahoma City
@ Chicago
@ New Jersey
@ Orlando

I see them going 4-3.

End Record: 38-44.

Even if they go 5-2 - their record will be 39-43.

As long as we can go 4-2 in the next 6 games, we will be in the playoffs.

I am hoping for 5-1 so we can get the 7th seed.

cool007

Liked Posts:

Bulls are tied for the 7th seed with Detroit.

Games to watch tonight:

Philly @ Charlotte

NO Hornets @ Miami (for 6th seed - doubtful)

Orlando @ Houston (2nd/3rd seed watch)

and ofcourse our own game:

NY Knicks @ Chicago Bulls

TheStig

Liked Posts:

cool007 wrote:
Bulls are tied for the 7th seed with Detroit.

Games to watch tonight:

Philly @ Charlotte

NO Hornets @ Miami (for 6th seed - doubtful)

Orlando @ Houston (2nd/3rd seed watch)

and ofcourse our own game:

NY Knicks @ Chicago Bulls
Big game other than ours is the Philly vs Charlotte game, if Philly loses they can conceivably lose out and if we win out we can grab the sixth seed. I don't think it would impact our end result much but it would do a lot for our confidence.

TyrusRose2425

Liked Posts:

I would love to have Boston. Got this great feeling Garnett will shut it down B)

TheStig

Liked Posts:

Looks like the bobcats are choking again.