Miller and Okur

Fred

Liked Posts:
From today's Chicago Tribune by KC Johnson, here's a quote from Derrick Rose:
"He's (Miller) a pick-and-pop veteran whose game really complements mine. He knows where to set the screens. And if they sag off on me, he's going to shoot it."

Rose said, if this is the type of center that Rose likes, and John Paxson has said that: ”Our future is Derrick. That’s no secret."

Then, why wouldn't we want to target Mehmet Okur this off-season? If Derrick likes the pick-and-pop, who is a better complement than Okur? I wonder how much it would take to sign him?

Noah better work on his jumper this summer.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
I wonder how much of that was Rose saying the right thing about his new teammate and how much of that was specifically discussing what type of big man he's most confortable with. I think with his style of play Rose would be better served by being surrounded with athleticism and defence than with oversized jumpshooters. Don't get me wrong, I love miller, he's played great, but the best complement for a fast-paced player is another fast-paced player.

ZombieKevie

Liked Posts:
okur would be great with rose, except that he might be taking too many 3s. though he does have the highs 3% on utah with 48% with 81 of 181

cool007

Liked Posts:
Hey Fred, what's up man? Can't wait to play B-Ball this Sunday.

Anyway, I really like Okur, I think he and Rose would fit in really well but I don't like Okur's defense 1 bit and he might be as worse in pick and roll D as Miller.

But if the price is right, then I am all for it.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Doing great, Raj. Thanks for posting on the site. Looking forward to playing hoops with you again. In my effort to find a player an NBA player to compare Kush and Doug to, I neglected talk about you, Jeff, and Micah, but it's coming on the next show. So far, I've settled on Damon Stoudamire with less handles but more accuracy. I'd like to hear the other guy's take. Doug is a white Dale Ellis if Dale picked up the game in his late 20's, and I've realized that Kush is Ken Norman, not Othella Harrington.

Is Okur that bad defensively?

The 1988 version of Bill Laimbeer would be perfect for Rose.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
Doing great, Raj. Thanks for posting on the site. Looking forward to playing hoops with you again. In my effort to find a player an NBA player to compare Kush and Doug to, I neglected talk about you, Jeff, and Micah, but it's coming on the next show. So far, I've settled on Damon Stoudamire with less handles but more accuracy. I'd like to hear the other guy's take. Doug is a white Dale Ellis if Dale picked up the game in his late 20's, and I've realized that Kush is Ken Norman, not Othella Harrington.

Is Okur that bad defensively?

The 1988 version of Bill Laimbeer would be perfect for Rose.

:laugh:

That's so right.

What did you think about me??? Ben Gordon??? :lol:

I am really looking forward to it. I talked to Doug last time about Recording the games we play and put it on youtube and maybe on this board so others can see it as well. Doug was supposed to bring the Cam and I was supposed to bring in the tri-pod. We both forgot about it but I think we should do it.

Regarding your game? I think you were more playing like Okur than Stoudamire. B)

fola

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:

Anyway, I really like Okur, I think he and Rose would fit in really well but I don't like Okur's defense 1 bit and he might be as worse in pick and roll D as Miller.

bball?!?!? Where?!?!?

fola

Liked Posts:
honestly while i love okur, id really only think of him as a 3rd or 4th option as far as players that i'd like them to focus on. But it would be interesting... esp if we can figure out a way to keep BG.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Sorry I wasn't clear, but I was describing your game as "I've settled on Damon Stoudamire with less handles but more accuracy". I meant shooting accuracy, since Damon was about 35% for his career, and you hit about 75%.

What do you think of Kush as Ken "The Snake" Norman?

Fred

Liked Posts:
I am down for that big time, but we can't film it until Kush is there.

fola

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:

where does one sign up for some b-ball? I'm a little out of shape but i was pretty good back in the day (2-3yrs ago).

cool007

Liked Posts:
fola wrote:
cool007 wrote:

where does one sign up for some b-ball? I'm a little out of shape but i was pretty good back in the day (2-3yrs ago).

I guess talk to Doug.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear, but I was describing your game as "I've settled on Damon Stoudamire with less handles but more accuracy". I meant shooting accuracy, since Damon was about 35% for his career, and you hit about 75%.

What do you think of Kush as Ken "The Snake" Norman?

Wow! Stoudamire me??? Nah, I am nothing like Mighty Mouse. I don't have good handles like him and I am a MUCH better defender than him.

Kush as Ken "The Snake" Norman??? That suits perfect.

Fred wrote:
I am down for that big time, but we can't film it until Kush is there.

Sure, we can wait for Kush and then film it. I am down for that. Let's see what Doug says.

Where is Doug anyways?

fola

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
It just vomited think of Okur and Tyrus defensively

wow... didnt think about that... yuck.

riv

Liked Posts:
If you want Okur, then you can kiss gordon goodbye. after signing the two first round picks this summer, the bulls will have maybe 4 mil under the luxury tax. the only possibility would be a sign-and-trade with the jazz, who would probably be looking for a little cap relief more than anything. The Jazz have a ton of money tied up in Deron Williams and Kirilenko, and Boozer may not opt out of his contract this summer.

riv

Liked Posts:
also, if we like brad miller, why not just re-sign him after next year? He's a little older, but so what? his game is not exactly built on speed anyway. He's the dictionary definition of guile. He could be effective at least till he's 36 or so. and he would cost a fraction of okur.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
fola wrote:
cool007 wrote:

Shoot me a comment through the front page, and I'll email you back and we can figure things out.