CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
And it's not a hard strategy either. Want evidence of this? Look at the IL stuff

Joe Maddon on NL ball

A DIFFERENT GAME

The teams used a combined 11 pitchers and each team used multiple pinch-hitters and had a double switch. It's not the game Maddon is used to.

"Totally National League," he said. "Oh my God, what a different baseball game. For the group that doesn't sometimes get it when you talk about the game being boring, I think maybe sometimes American League fans need to watch a National League game. Seriously, because there's so much more going on.

"When you manage a game like that, you actually feel as though you've played when it's over. I'm really becoming more of a fan of it. There are so many moving parts."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...iers-hit-in-10th-gives-rays-4-3-win/13807357/

you're right he did not. But again he helps to show the myth of NL being harder to manage. I'd be happy if you just admitted it, but it's unlikely you will.
Your postings become less credible as you post more today.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL what? Rivero has been the best RP in the Cubs system all year. This article is a year old

Yes he has pitched 61 innings this season, 1.92 ERA between AA & AAA. 95 K, .179 BAA, 27 BB

Yeah I realized that as soon as I posted it lol. Someone put it on facebook and I hadn't heard of him before, so I posted it without looking at the date. Oops.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL. CO. Time flies or I remember a Cuban player in a similar situation trying to get to the States. It's a little late for an April Fool's joke. :D

So if he has been the "best RP in the Cubs system all year", where is his potential fit on the MLB roster?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CSNCubs: #Cubs indeed going with Jacob Turner to start in EJax's spot. He will pitch Wed. T-Wood will pitch Tues on normal rest. Arrieta on Thurs.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. CO. Time flies or I remember a Cuban player in a similar situation trying to get to the States. It's a little late for an April Fool's joke. :D

So if he has been the "best RP in the Cubs system all year", where is his potential fit on the MLB roster?

This is the perfect question for my rant on what the Cubs should do with the bullpen next year. Have no closer. You have 5 guys who can legitimately close for your team. Strop, Ramirez, Rondon. Next year we should have Vizcaino and Rivero. These are all guys with 95 plus MPG fastballs with some popping 98 or higher. These guys can be interchangeable and could lead to a more refreshed bullpen. This also gives options to make Grimm a long reliever or to stretch someone out like Ramirez.

Rivero is just nasty. He is 26, but he has 1.92 ERA in the minors this year with 95 K's in 61.0 IP. He has giving up 27 walks and a 1.07 WHIP.

He has a nasty fastball that has topped out between 96 and 98 that has late movement. He also throws a splitter that is above average and a slider. We signed him for 3.1 million. He is a little bit older, but some people thought he can start but it seems the Cubs are looking to build a dominate bullpen with him possibly as the anchor.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is the perfect question for my rant on what the Cubs should do with the bullpen next year.
Glad I could offer the question.:D Thanks for posting. I like the idea. It keeps arms more fresh. Didn't Ramirez start in MiLB at some point? I could see why he would be a good choice to stretch out a bit. Certainly all of the young starters they have traded for the past 2 years that are in the system/at Iowa could possible be long relief, too, if they aren't the answer for SP?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, now this is a stat line. This is last night ICubs game

Kris Bryant- 2 for 2 with a homer, 1 RBI, 3 Runs, 4 BB's

Jorge Soler- 5 for 5 with a double, triple, 2 RBI's, 3 Runs, and 1 BB

Between those two guys. They went 7 for 7 with 5 BB's in one game. Soler was a homer shy of the cycle. Um that is pretty freaking insane even for a AAA game. lol That will get the job done.

Oh and Kyle Schwarber has figured out high A. He is absolutely crushing the ball right now.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks, S. There really can't be any surprises with those two in AAA anymore. That is really good news about Schwarber. I was curious when/if he would get it. That pretty much means AA next year starting for him? Isn't this how Bryant tracked essentially?

Last edited:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@daytonacubs: ANOTHER #SchwarberBomb ONTO THE CAGES! Yes, 2 today & 6 HRs last 5 games! Last 12 games: 21-last-45, 7HR 13RBI 12R 7 2B 3B. #Cubs #Sizzling

Status
Not open for further replies.