The Front Office And Ownership Thread

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
discuss theo, jed, ricketts, ronnie woo woo etc here :)

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I wonder what all those people in Boston are going to do now instead of bash Theo for signing John Lackey....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wonder what all those people in Boston are going to do now instead of bash Theo for signing John Lackey....

They are loving Lackey right now. It is all about what have you done for me lately.

I doubt they give a damn about Theo anymore.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
They are loving Lackey right now. It is all about what have you done for me lately.

I doubt they give a damn about Theo anymore.

They definitely do. I was at a Halloween party Saturday and was talking to a girl dressed up as Pedroia. We were talking baseball and I told her I was a Cubs fan, then she said, "Fuck you, I'm still bitter about Theo", and then she left lol.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They definitely do. I was at a Halloween party Saturday and was talking to a girl dressed up as Pedroia. We were talking baseball and I told her I was a Cubs fan, then she said, "Fuck you, I'm still bitter about Theo", and then she left lol.

That's unfortunate. I'd give Theo Baseball back in a heartbeat.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That is dumb. They went worst to first. The win was on the current team and the players they brought in. They dumped Theo's mistakes off to LA.

If the Cubs get good that will be Theo's baby. Giving him credit for this years boston team is silly. Was it his fault that they sucked last year too?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
That is dumb. They went worst to first. The win was on the current team and the players they brought in. They dumped Theo's mistakes off to LA.

If the Cubs get good that will be Theo's baby. Giving him credit for this years boston team is silly. Was it his fault that they sucked last year too?

He didn't hire valentine..... just sayin' To me the fact remains he built the core group of players that won this title. He deserves credit in some form. Not all of it obviously but take Lester, Bucholtz, Big Papi, and Pedroia off that team and what are they?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didn't hire valentine..... just sayin' To me the fact remains he built the core group of players that won this title. He deserves credit in some form. Not all of it obviously but take Lester, Bucholtz, Big Papi, and Pedroia off that team and what are they?

if cherington doesnt dump 200 million worth of shit the red sox wouldnt have won.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
if cherington doesnt dump 200 million worth of shit the red sox wouldnt have won.

Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez had fine seasons. They were over paid but they played well. Beckett.... not so much. Regardless, the fact that he built a core of players who have won multiple titles is a positive sign.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

The point is if you can say that Theo gets the glory for a WS. Then he gets the black eye for 2012.

The whole point is what Theo did in the past doesn't affect what happens 1 or 2 years afterwards. So what if he signed or drafted some players. That is nothing new and doesn't make a team a winning team. The players do.

Like I said giving Theo cridit for a team that he is 2 years removed is stupid and homer.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez had fine seasons. They were over paid but they played well. Beckett.... not so much. Regardless, the fact that he built a core of players who have won multiple titles is a positive sign.

Had nothing to do with that. It cleared payroll. Theo made some mistakes keeping up with the Yanks and the next GM was efficient in correcting the problem. Ben deserves the credit of turning that team around. Bobby was a head case and he canned him fast and brought in a low key manager that didn't take shit and expected his players to play their asses off. That mentality rubbed off on the players and they became something more.

Theo had nothing to do with it.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Had nothing to do with that. It cleared payroll. Theo made some mistakes keeping up with the Yanks and the next GM was efficient in correcting the problem. Ben deserves the credit of turning that team around. Bobby was a head case and he canned him fast and brought in a low key manager that didn't take shit and expected his players to play their asses off. That mentality rubbed off on the players and they became something more.

Theo had nothing to do with it.

This was Bens doing plain and simple. He made the right calls for the team. No one gave Boston a chance especially after they dumped payroll and went from worst to first.

There is also no guarantee that Theo would have won anything if he were still around even with the core players he had a hand in acquiring.

I do agree however that at least it does bode well for Cubs fans that the farm is of utmost importance and that that is spear-headed by Theo & Co. Couple that with revenue generated via marketing and television to stick back into the team, and the Cubs will have a lethal combination and should have some good teams for a long, long time. :popcorn:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This was Bens doing plain and simple. He made the right calls for the team. No one gave Boston a chance especially after they dumped payroll and went from worst to first.

There is also no guarantee that Theo would have won anything if he were still around even with the core players he had a hand in acquiring.

I do agree however that at least it does bode well for Cubs fans that the farm is of utmost importance and that that is spear-headed by Theo & Co. Couple that with revenue generated via marketing and television to stick back into the team, and the Cubs will have a lethal combination and should have some good teams for a long, long time. :popcorn:

I hope so. I'm just hoping that the kids don't become pre-Madonna head cases. Almora seems to have his head on strait. Bryant seems the same. Not sure about Baez and Soler to be perfectly honest. Baez seems like the type that may get a big head with success.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Lets see Theo drafted Pedoria Ellsbury Bucholz. He brought over Lackey and kept Ortiz there. He signed Bogarets. But naa he doesnt have a clue

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lets see Theo drafted Pedoria Ellsbury Bucholz. He brought over Lackey and kept Ortiz there. He signed Bogarets. But naa he doesnt have a clue

He didn't have a clue when he overpaid Crawford or A-Gon either. Whoops.