The Cubs Hot Stove Action Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patg006

Liked Posts:
George Kotteras acquired from Royals for cash.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Championship! Small Market cubbies are on the prowl!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
901204-dumpster-diving.jpg

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
George Kotteras acquired from Royals for cash.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Championship! Small Market cubbies are on the prowl!

:rolleyes:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@BleacherNation#Cubs: Rumor: Cubs Interested in Former Cardinals Closer Edward Mujica bleachernation.com/2013/11/29/rum…

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rays have called the Cubs over Volgelbach and supposedly asked about Rizzo. Don't sell Volgy yet Cubs. The Rays are great at trades and they know his stick is going to get there. Don't trade for mediocre. Hold on another year or two.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs Re-Sign Darnell McDonald
By Zach Links [December 2 at 11:15am CST]
The Cubs have re-signed Darnell McDonald to a minor league deal, according to Matt Eddy of Baseball America (on Twitter). McDonald played in 25 games for the Cubs last season.

McDonald boasts a career .285/.353/.453 slash line against left-handed pitchers at the Major League level. The 35-year-old spent the bulk of 2013 at Triple-A Iowa, where he slashed .236/.307/.346 in 294 plate appearances with four homers. He was solid in the bigs as well, however, hitting .302/.351/.434 with a homer in 57 PAs. McDonald is represented by McNamara Baseball Group, as shown in the MLBTR Agency Database.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Rays have called the Cubs over Volgelbach and supposedly asked about Rizzo. Don't sell Volgy yet Cubs. The Rays are great at trades and they know his stick is going to get there. Don't trade for mediocre. Hold on another year or two.

What was their intention? Like.... I don't really see what the Rays would be offering that the cubs would even consider unless it was Price but then you're talking Baez/Bryant types as well.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

tend to agree unless he is part of a package to land Price.

Say Almora, Vogy and Johnson. Then I do not care about potential.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What was their intention? Like.... I don't really see what the Rays would be offering that the cubs would even consider unless it was Price but then you're talking Baez/Bryant types as well.

I would never trade Baez or Bryant. Those 2 would be untouchable. That is like the Yanks trading Jeter before he hit the team. Unthinkable.

Rather have the gamble and them fail vs renting Price for 2 and watching 2 HoF play else where.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Speaking of Tampa, I'm going to throw out a what if. What if Castro? Currently in Tampa they have Hak-Ju Lee(#3 prospect #74 overall), and several guys in the 14-20 range of their prospects as MI's. They have Escobar at SS and Zobrist at 2B both of whom I believe are 2015 FA if they don't have options. Castro and Lee could slot in at SS and 2B for them long term. From that standpoint a trade makes some sense.

From there you're talking what's the return? Price would be an obvious candidate. However, they also have Taylor Guerrieri(#28 overall), Jake Odorizzi(#38 overall), Alex Colome(#81 overall), as well as Enny Romero, Blake Snell, and Mike Montgomery as pitchers in their 5-10 range and Nick Ciuffo who's a catcher in that range. I'm not going to speculate on returns in trades but the two teams seem like they would be a match especially if you consider the fact that the cubs apparently view Baez as a SS.

If it were Castro and Vogelbach for numerous arms including maybe Archer as well(or Price for that manner)... then I might see the feasibility of a trade.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The Cubs will non-tender right-hander Daniel Bard, WEEI.com's Rob Bradford reports. Bard was claimed off waivers in September and never threw a pitch for the Cubs organization. He was pitching in the Puerto Rican Winter League but walked nine batters while recording just one out, writes Bradford. The Cubs could still agree to a non-roster deal with Bard, he adds. Bard's control has vanished into thin air, as the formerly dominant setup man has also walked 56 batters over his past 47 1/3 minor league frames.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It being the rays, i suspect they were trying to trade something mediocre for Volgy. Not saying is worth a ton but I think they would try to pull something before his value rises. They would love a young left handed power bat

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Speaking of Tampa, I'm going to throw out a what if. What if Castro? Currently in Tampa they have Hak-Ju Lee(#3 prospect #74 overall), and several guys in the 14-20 range of their prospects as MI's. They have Escobar at SS and Zobrist at 2B both of whom I believe are 2015 FA if they don't have options. Castro and Lee could slot in at SS and 2B for them long term. From that standpoint a trade makes some sense.

From there you're talking what's the return? Price would be an obvious candidate. However, they also have Taylor Guerrieri(#28 overall), Jake Odorizzi(#38 overall), Alex Colome(#81 overall), as well as Enny Romero, Blake Snell, and Mike Montgomery as pitchers in their 5-10 range and Nick Ciuffo who's a catcher in that range. I'm not going to speculate on returns in trades but the two teams seem like they would be a match especially if you consider the fact that the cubs apparently view Baez as a SS.

If it were Castro and Vogelbach for numerous arms including maybe Archer as well(or Price for that manner)... then I might see the feasibility of a trade.

I would not trade out anyone until the deadline. Except Shark as his value is peaking.

They would be better served getting Castro and Olt's value up then trade from a position of strength vs weakness in negotiations.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I would not trade out anyone until the deadline. Except Shark as his value is peaking.

They would be better served getting Castro and Olt's value up then trade from a position of strength vs weakness in negotiations.

And in other noteworthy news, Daniel Bard was just non-tendered. I hope I can hold back the tears.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And in other noteworthy news, Daniel Bard was just non-tendered. I hope I can hold back the tears.

ya cant throw strikes. i bet they get him on a minor league deal. That was a no we are wasting a 40 man spot for you to figure out why you suck.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
And Kazmir has signed with the A's. That about eliminates all the SP in the Cubs price range with Johnson, Nolasco, Hughes, and Kazmir now signed. I don't believe we are going to sign Tanaka with the Yankees so determined to land him.

As for trading Vogelbach, I would hold onto him. His value is only going to increase as he nears the majors and he is one of the highest ranked 1B prospects in baseball, so he will be sought after when the Cubs make him available. No need to trade him now when his value will increase. It's like the opposite of Shark.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
he went for 11 mil per. Cubs could resign Baker for half of that with a option year to get out

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Newly-acquired catcher George Kottaras has reached agreement on a one-year, $1.075MM deal to avoid arbitration with the Cubs, tweets Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. The contract includes incentives, according to Heyman. A left-handed batter, Kottaras managed only a .180 batting average last year, but got on base at a .349 clip in addition to posting a .370 slugging mark in his 126 plate appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.