The Cubs Hot Stove Action Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And trading an established closer plus a starter for two prospects the D-Backs no longer wanted isn't? I mean I'm not shitting on those moves but it's a bit hypocritical for sox fans to be excited about those moves and then crap on cubs fans for being excited about moves their team has made.

I'm excited about the Bonifacio signing because he might replace one of the 5 worst positional players in baseball(Barney) last year and has a chance to be at least league average. I'm excited about the bullpen additions because the cubs were 29th in WAR with -0.2 for relievers. I wouldn't say I'm excited about the OF but seeing Lake get more playing time is interesting because the cubs were 28th in OBP last year and Soriano as well as some other part time OF were a large part of that. None of those things makes the cubs a playoff team and I've yet to see anyone even remotely suggest that is the case. But, if those moves work out the cubs could win 70-75 games which would be an improvement and given the fact they will see the first wave of their highly touted players show up next year it's hope for the future.

I mean it seems like your issue with people is that they are being fans. To use a corollary, how many 5th-7th round picks for the bears are the second coming of Tom Brady during camp? If someone believes that a player like Bonifacio is a non-factor fine. But why does that necessitate shitting on someone else's opinion often to the point of ridicule? This shit's suppose to be a fun hobby but frankly I find this board often to be quite depressing to read.

jesus christ there are some fucking whacked out fans out there. anyway...your little comment about addison reed is kind of stupid. Il take what we got even less for what is called a reliever/closer...ya know the oh so important role that is so difficult that we won a world series using 3 closers (shingo,hermanson,jenks).

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dews, I'm sure you'd like it very much if we had one of your so-called "fap fests" over the Sox' signing of Felipe Paulino, for instance. The only reason you care so much about the hype on this board is because it's the Cubs.

I'm sure it must be tough to be part of a fan base that has, well, no fans.

you got me on that one. damn that stings. ouchy ouchy ouchy.

now run along and post another thread about needing a cubs mod,k? :rolleyes:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Royals look to have also made the decision to keep Jarrod Dyson and Justin Maxwell as extra OF instead of Bonifacio who can play both IF and OF.

Guess that wasn't a decision made on pure baseball talent either?

Bonifacio was released by the Royals making him a pure free agent.

Not one team offered him a major league deal. Guess that wasn't based on pure baseball talent either?

I am sure he got several minor league offers and clearly he decided to choose a deal with the team where he had the greatest chance of making an impact. Translation = team with the worst major league roster.

He choose the Cubs.

The point remains that a player who after being released was not offered a major league deal by any of the 30 major league teams is having a fapfest over his signing with the Cubs because the major league roster is so bad that he might actually be an improvement.

yep. sums its up pretty much.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the baseball the Cubs have put on display the last two years hasn't been depressing to watch?

Maybe some of the opinions reflected on the board are a direct result of the two worst seasons in Cubs history.

You might want to brush up on your history shit for brains.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
You might want to brush up on your history shit for brains.

Ouch! And the ref takes a point away with that one. I think he meant in back-to-back seasons in the 162 game era which goes back 50 years.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I think he meant in back-to-back seasons in the 162 game era which goes back 50 years.

Exactly.

Actually I don't think it matters how far you go back and you won't find more losses over a two year period.

Someone probably feels pretty stupid now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs are going 102-60! Championship! Castro becomes the next A Rod and yes he gets on the gas.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
DancingLock.gif

This stopped being a baseball discussion a while ago.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
:obama: around and around we go. Will it ever end?

Status
Not open for further replies.