Tyrus Untouchable?!?

fola

Liked Posts:
I was listening to B&B (boers and berstein)yesterday and Boers mentioned something interesting. According to one of his old sources (he used to be a beat guy) Tryus is basically untouchable. Now, typically i wouldnt listen to these kind of rumors but boers has a good track record the last few years ive been listening to him. My question is, why would he be untouchable? Dont get me wrong, i LOVE tryus but has he shown enough in your eyes to be this highly regarded? Maybe the org is just blowing smoke to build up his value a bit before summer. maybe..

NOELAD82

Liked Posts:
I would find that hard to believe. It may be total BS or it may be Pax boosting TT. But I dont think there is anyway they wouldnt deal him for a star. Though they certainly wouldnt dump him,

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
There is no way this is true. Didn't he say something along the lines during the Amare trade rumors that the Bulls aren't fooled with Tyrus' recent performance? And that was when he was at his highest trade value.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Well given how the Bulls are about to win their 7th title after trading Kirk Hinrich for Kobe Bryant, I can't help but be in awe of the accuracy of his sources.

fola

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Well given how the Bulls are about to win their 7th title after trading Kirk Hinrich for Kobe Bryant, I can't help but be in awe of the accuracy of his sources.

heh, i remember. it'll happen! you just gotta believe.

fola

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Well it would anyway, if we were willing to throw in Tyrus Thomas, which we're not.

thats right...just keep picking at the scab :)

fola

Liked Posts:
hmmm, there seems to be a rip in the space time continuum.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Well it would anyway, if we were willing to throw in Tyrus Thomas, which we\'re not.

JStuNNa

Liked Posts:
I think Tyrus definitely has become untouchable in a sense that he's probably only available in a trade for a legit star or superstar. His value has improved greatly this year. At one point most of us felt trading him for Chris Kaman made sense. Now it simply does not. Tyrus has shown he is capable of becoming a very good starting PF in the NBA. Maybe even an all-star once or twice in his career.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
There was better sources on realgm forum saying they were putting on Tyrus on the blocks. As for his sources he did mention Salmons trade before it happened

JakeN7

Liked Posts:
DerrickRose1 wrote:
There is no way this is true. Didn't he say something along the lines during the Amare trade rumors that the Bulls aren't fooled with Tyrus' recent performance? And that was when he was at his highest trade value.

This is what I was going to say.

If Tyrus can land us an already established big man, you do not pass that up.

Rikkimaru

Liked Posts:
If we can get a superstar, tyrus obviously should go... Although after watching the growth of him, Joakim, Rose and seeing this current team start to really gel, part of me wants them to stick together and see how far they can go. They're actually fun to watch now.

It's a little different situation then when pax tried to stick with his "core" of bg, deng, hinrich, etc. Out current youngsters have a much higher ceiling.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
the word untouchable is thrown around way to much with our players and for what????????

collisrost

Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose is untouchable. Luol Deng nobod'y touch with a 10 foot pole. Everyone else can be traded for the right return. Heck, maybe we can cleverly trick someone into taking Deng... nah. wishful thinking.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose is the only untouchable. Tyrus has shown that he won't be the next Stomile Swift. But I'm still not fully on board with him being the next Josh Smith yet. I still want to see a little more. He's playing way better then early in the season, no doubt.

I thought he was going to be a lost cause, but he's proven me wrong, thankfully.

rodman

Liked Posts:
I agree Derrick is the only untouchable. Deng used to be pretty much, but I guess right now, even Pax is going to trade him if an acceptable offer comes his way.
Tyrus should be in the mix for the right trade, but definitely not a throw in or a sweetener in any deal.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Tyrus isn't untouchable but I don't think Paxson is looking to shop him around and only will deal him if Bosh was available or a player like that.

Tyrus is showing a nice offensive game and he could make that jumper even better if he continues to work on it this summer. I wanna see how dedicated Tyrus is this off season. He did good last summer but I hope it wasn't a one time thing for him.

Who would of thought Tyrus would develop a jump shot when we first drafted him? Not me

jgonboricua

Liked Posts:
Doubt it...bulls will look into aquiring Bosh in the summer, if we can get bosh or maybe even amer well deal him, if not one of those two guys TT will be our PF of the Future...unless we are somehow able to deal him to the team with the #1 pick for blake griffen...;)

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Ralphb07 wrote:
Tyrus isn't untouchable but I don't think Paxson is looking to shop him around and only will deal him if Bosh was available or a player like that.

Tyrus is showing a nice offensive game and he could make that jumper even better if he continues to work on it this summer. I wanna see how dedicated Tyrus is this off season. He did good last summer but I hope it wasn't a one time thing for him.

Who would of thought Tyrus would develop a jump shot when we first drafted him? Not me

I always thought Tyrus would develop a jumper because his shooting form was always pretty good. Joakim Noah is a guy I think has no chance to develop a jumper, but Tyrus developing at least a good mid range game always seemed likely to me.

I think Tyrus still has a chance to be a pretty elite player. His ball handling is good for his position and with his athleticism he can kill guys off the dribble. Incremental improvements in his jumper and his strength in finishing will result in far bigger improvements in impact.

It may not happen, but Tyrus still has a 50/50 chance of being a top 30 or so player in the league.