Tyrus Untouchable?!?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
rodman wrote:
I agree Derrick is the only untouchable. Deng used to be pretty much, but I guess right now, even Pax is going to trade him if an acceptable offer comes his way.
Tyrus should be in the mix for the right trade, but definitely not a throw in or a sweetener in any deal.

I agree, Tyrus has raised his value from "throw in" to "centerpiece" of a trade IMO.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
The only reason he is centerpiece is because of economy though

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I don't know, I think his upside and potential are good enough to make him valuable regardless of his contract expiring. If a team is going to rebuild, he seems like a desirable piece to take a chance on.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
So you rather take him than Beasley?

I'd take Beasley because the two are close and Beasley's on a reasonable contract for 3 more years after this one whereas Tyrus will require an expensive extension.

However, I think Tyrus has similar potential to Beasley.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
I don't know, but I guess im just not fan of Tyrus

Beasley will never be a good defender, he doesn't have the size, athleticism, or drive.

Beasley has a cap on his ceiling (a high cap, but a cap nonetheless) for the same reasons.

Tyrus on the other hand will likely be a very good defender eventually, and has a lot of potential offensively due to his athleticism. The scary thing about Tyrus is one injury could end his career if he doesn't come back fully athletically.

Beasley's got a high floor because his skill level is so high, he's going to be a good offensive player.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I just don't think Tyrus will ever listen. He never listens to anything VDN has to say, but Rose is the only one who does listen to him

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
I just don't think Tyrus will ever listen. He never listens to anything VDN has to say, but Rose is the only one who does listen to him

no one listens to VDN. no one ever has. no one ever will. vinny wants tyrus to exclusively shoot jumpers. i think we realize that is a bad decision. it's better if tyrus ignores him. now if he ignores del harris, i want tyrus cut, but that hasn't seemed to be a problem so far.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

no one listens to VDN. no one ever has. no one ever will. vinny wants tyrus to exclusively shoot jumpers. i think we realize that is a bad decision. it's better if tyrus ignores him. now if he ignores del harris, i want tyrus cut, but that hasn't seemed to be a problem so far.

Tyrus shooting that jumper isn't such a bad thing. I just hope he uses the threat of the jumper to help him take his man off the dribble more, and doesn't fall in love with it. I can certainly see Doug's dream of Tyrus becoiming a good offensive weapon coming true with his ballhandling and athleticism. Unfortunately he thinks of himself as a shooter rather than a driver who can shoot.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Bullsman did you not get my point that Rose does listen to garbage VDN feeds the team