CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If SilenceS and I were allowed to mod this forum, it would grow!

:cubstroll2:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If SilenceS and I were allowed to mod this forum, it would grow!

:cubstroll2:

depends on if the people who are on the other side of the fence with the rebuild (as cubs fans) are allowed to voice their opinions as most of the fans that are against theo have left.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
depends on if the people who are on the other side of the fence with the rebuild (as cubs fans) are allowed to voice their opinions as most of the fans that are against theo have left.
It one thing to be unhappy with the route they took and another to be obnoxious...

The ones that got booted or left were being obnoxious, not voicing an opinion...

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I am sure those who "left" had to do with Theo hate and not violating CCS terms of service. /sarcasm

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
I am sure those who "left" had to do with Theo hate and not violating CCS terms of service. /sarcasm

Oh yah,
Sarcasm should never be tolerated on a Cubs message board, especially if there's signs of Theo hate. check.
We have to believe before that thing called results are accomplished. Is this the old Russia?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh yah,
Sarcasm should never be tolerated on a Cubs message board, especially if there's signs of Theo hate. check.
We have to believe before that thing called results are accomplished. Is this the old Russia?

I certainly didn't miss the persecution complex...

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still waiting for my promotion.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you even know what "old russia" means?

Enlighten me....though everything prior to that phrase was the usual fare of people aren't allowed to criticize theo bullshit that has been quoted here for far too long.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Enlighten me....though everything prior to that phrase was the usual fare of people aren't allowed to criticize theo bullshit that has been quoted here for far too long.

I'd rather wait for the team to actually accomplish something before I shoot my load on my keyboard.
Does that enlighten you Daby?
Your a member of the Politburo, right?

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
need some new blood. not CO coming and going. that doesnt count

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

brokenjoker22

Liked Posts:
Hey all,

New to the sport and at risk of being laughed upon, I've chosen the Cubs. I have been watching the mlb for the past three weeks and have chosen the cubs. After discussing with the wife if she would be happy for a 2 week Chicago holiday in 2016/17, and her agreeing, I've gone for Chicago across the board (cubs, hawks, bulls & bears) so I can try to get to a game from them all depending on in/out of season. I'm a UK resident.

Name: Dean
Fav Present Player: Castro/Bryant
Fav Past Player: Gotta be sosa, right?
Fav Cubs Moment: N/A
Other Sports: The ususal, hockey, football and lacrosse.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Hey all,

New to the sport and at risk of being laughed upon, I've chosen the Cubs. I have been watching the mlb for the past three weeks and have chosen the cubs. After discussing with the wife if she would be happy for a 2 week Chicago holiday in 2016/17, and her agreeing, I've gone for Chicago across the board (cubs, hawks, bulls & bears) so I can try to get to a game from them all depending on in/out of season. I'm a UK resident.

Name: Dean
Fav Present Player: Castro/Bryant
Fav Past Player: Gotta be sosa, right?
Fav Cubs Moment: N/A
Other Sports: The ususal, hockey, football and lacrosse.

You have picked the right time to become a Cub Junkie. The rest of us have endured quite a bit of punishment through the years.

The Cubs are trending upwards, and you will see a revamped ballpark in a couple of years if you go to Wrigley. I need not say anything about the Black Hawks.

One thing about being a Cubs fan is you learn quickly to despise most Cardinal fans and their arrogance.

The latest scandal might knock them down a few notches and should be a nice little jab when they get out of line.....which they will.

Anyways....welcome aboard.

brokenjoker22

Liked Posts:
I discussed with my wife about the teams to support (due to me wanting to come see them every year/two years. The joys of not having kids), and we actually considered the cardinals for awhile (don't shoot me!)

I actually narrowed it down to Minnesota, Toronto and Chicago, but it's easier to get to Chicago which kind of decided it at final knockings, and there is something about the leafs I just don't like for some bizarre reason.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I discussed with my wife about the teams to support (due to me wanting to come see them every year/two years. The joys of not having kids), and we actually considered the cardinals for awhile (don't shoot me!)

I actually narrowed it down to Minnesota, Toronto and Chicago, but it's easier to get to Chicago which kind of decided it at final knockings, and there is something about the leafs I just don't like for some bizarre reason.

Chicago is a great city. Lots of energy, great food, and tons of stuff to do, especially of you like to party.

Don't think for a minute that you can see what you want to see in a week. Aint happenin'.

The city is huge and the burbs are nice. I like to go anytime, but when you can get there during taste of Chicago or at the Cubs convention during the winter if that is your thing, those are nice to see too.

brokenjoker22

Liked Posts:
I have heard just so many great things about Chicago and everything it has to offer. Part of why I went cubs is I plan to come over there at least once every 2 years. We can afford to save around 475 bucks a month so hoping to come over once or twice a year for a week/2 weeks at a time.

HEY!HEY!

Liked Posts:
Name Call me anything you like. Just don't call me late for dinner.

Past Players 10-Santo 8-Dawson 34-Wood

Current Player 44-Rizzo

Moment June 25 1967 My first Cubs game! Walking up the the ramp and seeing the green field, the ivy in full bloom the sky and puffy clouds and of course the scoreboard. I still get goose bumps every time the field comes into view. some things never get old.It was a twin bill against the Astros. We won both games with Ernie hitting a pair of homers in the night cap.A heady day for a 7 year old, I was hooked for life.

Other sports Black Hawks Espo, Hull and Mikita. The current crop isn't too shabby either!

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Name: KennyH

I know, a strange day to join the forum, but as a Scottish Cubs fan there aren't really any folks around here who want to talk about the team, and after this year, I kind of want the catharsis/enjoyment of listening to and chatting with like minded people. I'm probably also keen to get answers to a bunch of dumb questions from far more knowledgeable people on here about the team, the likely trades, future prospects and where the Cubs go next on the path to a future World Series win.

In terms of history, I went to my first game at Wrigley in 1987, think against the Expos, while working in Chicago. Saw a lot of games that year and the next. Since then have tried where possible to get over for a few games most years, either on east coast road trips (Boston, Shea/Citi Field, Philiies) or on a decent number of return trips to Chicago. Have always kept in touch with news etc but this year under Theo/Maddon really started to believe that real change is happening. So have taken a far greater interest and now really want to follow and understand what's happening.

In terms of the introduction questions...

Fav Present Player: Addison Russell/Kyle Schwarber
Fav Past Player: Andre Dawson/Mark Grace
Fav Cubs Moment: First experience of the 7th inning stretch sing along with Harry Carrey, watching the Cubs at Fenway, sitting in the bleachers in the sun making fun of Lenny Dykstra (you probably had to be there!).
Other Sports: Scotland/Rangers FC fan. Bears fan. Scottish Rugby fan. Quite clearly the Cubs don't make me suffer enough!! ; )

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Name: KennyH

I know, a strange day to join the forum, but as a Scottish Cubs fan there aren't really any folks around here who want to talk about the team, and after this year, I kind of want the catharsis/enjoyment of listening to and chatting with like minded people. I'm probably also keen to get answers to a bunch of dumb questions from far more knowledgeable people on here about the team, the likely trades, future prospects and where the Cubs go next on the path to a future World Series win.

In terms of history, I went to my first game at Wrigley in 1987, think against the Expos, while working in Chicago. Saw a lot of games that year and the next. Since then have tried where possible to get over for a few games most years, either on east coast road trips (Boston, Shea/Citi Field, Philiies) or on a decent number of return trips to Chicago. Have always kept in touch with news etc but this year under Theo/Maddon really started to believe that real change is happening. So have taken a far greater interest and now really want to follow and understand what's happening.

In terms of the introduction questions...

Fav Present Player: Addison Russell/Kyle Schwarber
Fav Past Player: Andre Dawson/Mark Grace
Fav Cubs Moment: First experience of the 7th inning stretch sing along with Harry Carrey, watching the Cubs at Fenway, sitting in the bleachers in the sun making fun of Lenny Dykstra (you probably had to be there!).
Other Sports: Scotland/Rangers FC fan. Bears fan. Scottish Rugby fan. Quite clearly the Cubs don't make me suffer enough!! ; )

You're a little late to the show. Show's over mang.

But you're here, so welcome!