Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cubs Fan Roll-Call Thread : Introduce Yourself and Start Posting

Rookie

Hi, new member here. Recently stumbled upon a murder mystery novel that I wanted to share with my fellow Cubs fans! It’s titled “Laredo Slider” and takes place at no other than our beloved Wrigley Field.

Rookie

(Ugh since I'm new I can't add links until my 5th post ... so I have to break this up)
    The author is a criminal court judge in Miami (like the main character) and decades long Cubs fan(atic). Here is the official description:

Rookie

Laredo Slider is the sequel to the award-winning The Shadow of Justice, and features the same protagonist: Clark N. Addison, a criminal-court judge in Miami. Judge Addison seems to be in luck these days. If he can catch the next plane to Chicago, a judicial colleague has a ticket for him to a post-season playoff game between the Cubs and the San Francisco Giants.

But Judge Addison’s visit to the “friendly confines” of Wrigley Field will involve everything but a baseball game. Despite a level of security that is described as unprecedented, a nationally-prominent political candidate is assassinated before the eyes of forty thousand fans and millions of TV-watchers. Russians? Terrorists? Crazies? Everyone has a theory; no one has a clue.

Rookie

Addison has played many roles in the criminal justice system. He’s a sitting judge, and was formerly a prosecutor. But as Laredo Slider unravels, he realizes that he’s being sized up for the one role in the process for which he was never prepared: that of suspect. And if he doesn’t solve this impossible murder – solve it without being able to go anywhere, or conduct any investigation – he may become the only suspect.

Full of insight into how the criminal law works and how it doesn’t, Laredo Slider is an exciting and worthy successor to The Shadow of Justice.

Rookie

Here is the link!

Rookie

FINALLY! 5TH POST

HERE IS THE AMAZON KINDLE LINK!!!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H1KNMPM...=Milton+Hirsch.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345