Cubs Fan Roll-Call Thread : Introduce Yourself and Start Posting

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Fav Present Player: Babe Schwarber

Fav Past Player: Andre "The Hawk "Dawson

Fav Cubs Moment: Beating Cards in Playoffs.

louisville+cardinal+casket.jpg

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fav Present Player: Babe Schwarber

Fav Past Player: Andre "The Hawk "Dawson

Fav Cubs Moment: Beating Cards in Playoffs.

louisville+cardinal+casket.jpg

My man. Awesome Dawson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twinndaddy

Liked Posts:
Name: Mark
Fav Present Player: Hmm - Kris Bryant but love many of the current Cubs
Fav Past Player: Ryan Sandberg
Fav Cubs Moment: Getting to personally see the 30th out of the final game last year. Was an amazing year, wouldn't have missed history like that!
Other Sports: Blackhawks fan, really love watching skilled players like Kane and Panarin, will miss Panarin a ton this year. Don't get me wrong I like watching the whole team and respect everyone's role but when there are 12 hockey players on the ice and one man controls the puck for 1 full minute and the defense can't catch him! So fun to watch! Refuse to watch the Bears and Bulls until they give me a reason to. They have been so poorly managed that it'll be a decade before they have a chance at playing .500.

millerjg01

Liked Posts:
Hello all. New here. I am a Cubs fan and have been since I was 12 years old. I grew up in Iowa and we had just moved into a small town from the country in 1984 and we were able to get cable for the first time. My dad came from a long line of Cubs fans and I remember my grandmother telling me about listening to the Homer in the Gloamin' on the radio back in 1938 etc. (I'm really sad she was not around last year to finally see them win it all). Anyway, I started rooting for the Cubs and watching them on WGN in 1984 and ti was a heck of a first year as a Cubs fan as I fell in love with that 1984 team. Sandberg became my hero and yes, I cried when they lost game five to the Padres. I cried again in 1989 as a senior in high school when they lost to the Giants. Let's not even discuss 2003.

Last year was amazing and I'll never forget it.

Glad to be here.

My new fav players are Baez and Contreras. Love KB and Rizzo too.

The NLCS is looking grim but can't complain, had another great year. I had figured we would win 2 vs the Dodgers but at this point a sweep is looking like a real possibility.

Anyway, glad to be here, Go Cubs!

FryCubs22

Liked Posts:
Name:
Fav Present Player:
Fav Past Player:
Fav Cubs Moment:
Other Sports:

Name: Joel Fry
Fav Present Player: Javier Baez
Fav Past Player: Sammy Sosa
Fav Cubs Moment: Game 7 of the World Series
Other Sports: Football, Basketball, Golf

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Name: Doug. 62 years old, lost more brain cells in Old Style cups at Wrigley than I likely have left. ;) Moved to Minneapolis in 1995, but will always bleed Cubbie blue. And I was happy I could witness for my Dad, who passed away in 1998, the Cubs WS victory in '16.

Favorite present player: Can't be just one. Goes Schwarbs, then KB, then Rizzo, Javy, Willson, Addi, Ben... and so on. Pitchers come in starting at about 12th on the list.

Favorite past player: Again, can't limit it to one. I guess it has to start with Banks, Santo and Jenkins, then Dawson, Sosa, Maddux, Grace, Soriano, Wood... etc., etc. My Dad's old fave was Hack Wilson.

Favorite Cubs moment: Dawson's last home at-bat in tbe '87 season, was at the game. It was a stormy day; the at-bat progressed, just before the final pitch there was a stroke of lightning and a great boom of thunder, and tben Dawson slammed a home run to left. The fan appreciation giveaway that day was a Cubs poster, which came rolled up in a plastic sleeve. I still recall the stands dissolving into 40,000 rolled-up posters being waved in the air, like cilia growing out of a great organism named Cubfan. It was an impressive moment.

Other sports: I'm a Bulls and Bears fan to the death. Sadly, I've never been into hockey or soccer.

CFCubsFan

Liked Posts:
Hi, new member here. Recently stumbled upon a murder mystery novel that I wanted to share with my fellow Cubs fans! It’s titled “Laredo Slider” and takes place at no other than our beloved Wrigley Field.

CFCubsFan

Liked Posts:
(Ugh since I'm new I can't add links until my 5th post ... so I have to break this up)
The author is a criminal court judge in Miami (like the main character) and decades long Cubs fan(atic). Here is the official description:

CFCubsFan

Liked Posts:
Laredo Slider is the sequel to the award-winning The Shadow of Justice, and features the same protagonist: Clark N. Addison, a criminal-court judge in Miami. Judge Addison seems to be in luck these days. If he can catch the next plane to Chicago, a judicial colleague has a ticket for him to a post-season playoff game between the Cubs and the San Francisco Giants.

But Judge Addison’s visit to the “friendly confines” of Wrigley Field will involve everything but a baseball game. Despite a level of security that is described as unprecedented, a nationally-prominent political candidate is assassinated before the eyes of forty thousand fans and millions of TV-watchers. Russians? Terrorists? Crazies? Everyone has a theory; no one has a clue.

CFCubsFan

Liked Posts:
Addison has played many roles in the criminal justice system. He’s a sitting judge, and was formerly a prosecutor. But as Laredo Slider unravels, he realizes that he’s being sized up for the one role in the process for which he was never prepared: that of suspect. And if he doesn’t solve this impossible murder – solve it without being able to go anywhere, or conduct any investigation – he may become the only suspect.

Full of insight into how the criminal law works and how it doesn’t, Laredo Slider is an exciting and worthy successor to The Shadow of Justice.

Yaaksi Mush

Liked Posts:
Cubs Fan Since:

Favorite Current Cubs Player:

Favorite All-Time Cubs Player:

Favorite Cubs Moment:
Cub fan since 1965
Favorite all time Cubs player- Ernie Banks
Favorite Cubs moment- last out vs. Cleveland Indians, game 7, 11/2/2016

brewlover

Liked Posts:
Cubs Fan Since:

Favorite Current Cubs Playe
Favorite All-Time Cubs Play
Favorite Cubs Moment:
Hello! Cubs fan since early 80s (WGN) on cable games...love Wrigley scene....Rizzo a fave player....Series of 2016 the greatest.....but I miss the National Anthem on TV so far this year....I loved it as a Cub tradition....what happened to it?

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Name: SilentLurker
Fav Present Player: Javy Baez
Fav Past Player: Ryno
Fav Cubs Moment: 2016 WS Game 7 Final Out

DarloCubs

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
Hello!

Chicago Cubs fan from England here. Started watching baseball a few years back due to having weird shift patterns and needing something to watch after work. With the Cubs having so many afternoon games I found myself watching the Cubs more often than any other team.

Looking forward to the London Series next year and hopefully getting the chance to have a few beers with some fellow cubs fans.

Favourite player: Javy Baez

Favourite Cubs Moment: The Zobrist go-ahead RBI in game 7.

Favourite Cubs Moment that wasn't in the World Series: Bote walk off slam against the Nats

Other than baseball I watch football (soccer): Follow my home town team Darlington FC.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hello!

Chicago Cubs fan from England here. Started watching baseball a few years back due to having weird shift patterns and needing something to watch after work. With the Cubs having so many afternoon games I found myself watching the Cubs more often than any other team.

Looking forward to the London Series next year and hopefully getting the chance to have a few beers with some fellow cubs fans.

Favourite player: Javy Baez

Favourite Cubs Moment: The Zobrist go-ahead RBI in game 7.

Favourite Cubs Moment that wasn't in the World Series: Bote walk off slam against the Nats

Other than baseball I watch football (soccer): Follow my home town team Darlington FC.

Ahoy m8... welcome bruv