Favorite Current Cubs Player:

Favorite All-Time Cubs Player:

Favorite Cubs Moment:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
New To CCS? Introduce Yourself Here!

we really need new blood to add to these discussions!

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Hi. I'm Pat, and I'm an alcoholic....

Wait--is this the right thread for that?

One must be an addict of sorts to be a Cubs fan. If one is not addicted to something, that person is not a dedicated enough fan and therefore doesn't count.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
One must be an addict of sorts to be a Cubs fan. If one is not addicted to something, that person is not a dedicated enough fan and therefore doesn't count.

I'm addicted to winning...wait, why am I a Chicago fan then?

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
The scary part is I'm not drunk!

Now you're just in denial my man. It's OK though, I think that's what this thread is for. Or turning into...

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Name: D4A
Fav Present Player: Barney (how can you not love a .208 hitter with great DEF)
Fav Past Player: Brant Brown (greatest Non-catch in Cubs history)
Fav Cubs Moment: Bartman
Other Sports: There other sports besides baseball?

:elephant:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Name: steve bartman
Fav Present Player: Adeiny Hechavarri
Fav Past Player: luis castillo
Fav Cubs Moment: helping my FAV. team the marlins beat the cubs in the playoffs
Other Sports: pocket pool

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
New To CCS? Introduce Yourself Here!

Name: steve bartman
Fav Present Player: Adeiny Hechavarri
Fav Past Player: luis castillo
Fav Cubs Moment: helping my FAV. team the marlins beat the cubs in the playoffs
Other Sports: pocket pool

lol

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

I laugh at Cubs fans who think the Steve Bartman foul ball meant something. He is a friggin' fan and that moment should have never happened.

If you want to lay blame on someone, lay it on jerkweed Alex Gonzales, a player who couldn't field a Sunday hop to turn two with the slow-footed Miggy Cabrera running. If he turns two, Prior and the Cubs get out of the inning with minimal damage done and go back in the dugout with a 3-1 lead in the 8th, and the lower part of the line-up coming up in the top of the 9th for the Marlins.

As a painful reminder, the footage is below. You judge for yourself. If you want to go directly to that moment, it is at the 1:38 mark.

[video=youtube;Jw3ccParGxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw3ccParGxM[/video]

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
I laugh at Cubs fans who think the Steve Bartman foul ball meant something. He is a friggin' fan and that moment should have never happened.

If you want to lay blame on someone, lay it on jerkweed Alex Gonzales, a player who couldn't field a Sunday hop to turn two with the slow-footed Miggy Cabrera running. If he turns two, Prior and the Cubs get out of the inning with minimal damage done and go back in the dugout with a 3-1 lead in the 8th, and the lower part of the line-up coming up in the top of the 9th for the Marlins.

As a painful reminder, the footage is below. You judge for yourself. If you want to go directly to that moment, it is at the 1:38 mark.

[video=youtube;Jw3ccParGxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw3ccParGxM[/video]

That was one of the saddest days to be a Cub. I still have it on VHS, because I had softball, I had to record it hoping to see them make it to the Series. Instead we got a different kind of memorable game.

Liked Posts:
Name:
Fav Present Player:
Fav Past Player:
Fav Cubs Moment:
Other Sports:

Trolls have taken over once again on the Cubs comments section on CBS. I tried this site earlier in this fall, but it seemed so many posters were focused on past message board happenings. I'll give this site another go-around.

Name
: Been a fixture on the CBS Boards (mainly the NBA Board) since 2007, haven't had any luck using my actual name on the internet in general, so just call me HurricaneDij39, or Hurricane for short as others have done. 25 years old but closer to 26 than 25. Hardly a kid anymore but would like to maintain that entusiasm.

Fave Present Player: Ehh. Jeff Samardzija I guess since he's from NW Indiana just like myself, and Welington Castillo. Happy with his progression as the season went along.

Fave Past Player: Sammy Sosa and Moises Alou.

Fave Cubs Moment
: Among those that come to mind are Aramis Ramirez's grand slam off Dontrelle Willis in the 1st inning of Game 4 in 2003 after he walked the bases loaded to open the game. That had me believing we were going to the World Series before, of course, we lost each of the last three games of the series. Dayrle Ward's go-ahead pinch-hit two-run homer off Kevin Gregg in 2008 also comes to mind. Couldn't help but to love Gregg while he was with the Cubs though simply because he was the poor sap everyone hated.

Other Sports: Basketball. Pacers fan at heart, but the Nuggets are my bandwagon experiment for the year and hopefully beyond. Like everyone else around here, hated LeBron ever since 2010.

Fav Cubs Moment