Cubs Fan Roll-Call Thread : Introduce Yourself and Start Posting

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trolls have taken over once again on the Cubs comments section on CBS. I tried this site earlier in this fall, but it seemed so many posters were focused on past message board happenings. I'll give this site another go-around.

Name
: Been a fixture on the CBS Boards (mainly the NBA Board) since 2007, haven't had any luck using my actual name on the internet in general, so just call me HurricaneDij39, or Hurricane for short as others have done. 25 years old but closer to 26 than 25. Hardly a kid anymore but would like to maintain that entusiasm.

Fave Present Player: Ehh. Jeff Samardzija I guess since he's from NW Indiana just like myself, and Welington Castillo. Happy with his progression as the season went along.

Fave Past Player: Sammy Sosa and Moises Alou.

Fave Cubs Moment
: Among those that come to mind are Aramis Ramirez's grand slam off Dontrelle Willis in the 1st inning of Game 4 in 2003 after he walked the bases loaded to open the game. That had me believing we were going to the World Series before, of course, we lost each of the last three games of the series. Dayrle Ward's go-ahead pinch-hit two-run homer off Kevin Gregg in 2008 also comes to mind. Couldn't help but to love Gregg while he was with the Cubs though simply because he was the poor sap everyone hated.

Other Sports: Basketball. Pacers fan at heart, but the Nuggets are my bandwagon experiment for the year and hopefully beyond. Like everyone else around here, hated LeBron ever since 2010.

Fav Cubs Moment

welcome

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what happened to rice cube

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't count on rice coming back at any point, but I could be wrong. No clue with CNM.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I still frequently talk with both VIA Facebook. They'll probably be a bit more active once the season starts rolling.

You also talk frequently with someone else on Facebook too

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Dude
Liked Posts:
Some of you may be familiar with the defunct C(u)BS Message Board. I thought I could live without it, but frankly, with baseball season around the corner and me living nowhere near Chicago to have any Cubs fans to talk to, I've come here for my baseball fix.

Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. I'm "The Dude". So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I look forward to engaging each of you in civil, constructive discussions about the play on the field and the direction our ball club is heading. Some of you may agree with me, and others... Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of you may be familiar with the defunct C(u)BS Message Board. I thought I could live without it, but frankly, with baseball season around the corner and me living nowhere near Chicago to have any Cubs fans to talk to, I've come here for my baseball fix.

Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. I'm "The Dude". So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I look forward to engaging each of you in civil, constructive discussions about the play on the field and the direction our ball club is heading. Some of you may agree with me, and others... Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Name looks familiar. Do/did you post on HFBoards?

Liked Posts:
Welcome, Jeff. Unfortunately, a lot of Boyd's nutlovers are still alive and kickin' even years later. The lack of creativity around here could get depressing at times, but good to see you're here, though.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
hello my friends. hello from the east village of west town, chicago.

lifelong cubs fan and former season ticket holder. first became obsessed in the summer of 1977 as a 6-year-old. stood by them (daily) until 2008.

now i want results.

StillStanding

Liked Posts:
Hello fellow Cubbie fans! I've been a life-long Cubs fan. I made God promise me as a kid that I wouldn't die before the Cubs go to a World Series. I may live to be a very old man! =)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so I see a lot of noobs without introducing themselves :rolleyes:

Unlucky 13

Liked Posts:
Name: Unlucky 13

Fav Present Player: Rizzo

Fav Past Player: Ryno, Grace, ARam, K Wood

Fav Cubs Moment: 2008 season up until the playoffs

Other Sports: Miami Dolphins & West Virginia football

Hello.

My name is Ben, and I've been a Cubs fan since around 1990 when I was in Jr. High. My dad isn't a sports fan, and sports were never on in my house growing up. I didn't play little league, ect. However, when I was about 11 or 12, I'd get home before anyone else in my family, and have the TV and house to myself. I soon realized that Cubs games were on just about every afternoon on WGN, and took to watching them. They quickly gained my interest and favor, and I became instant fans of players like Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Andre Dawson and Shawon Dunston. Back then, with almost all of the games on WGN, I could watch almost every game if I wanted to, and I did since I was a teenager with not much else to do. So, even as a kid born and raised in West Virginia, 500 miles from Chicago, I was a diehard Cubs fan by the time I was in High School, and wore a Cubs hat almost everywhere I went. Watching the games on TV, Steve Stone taught me everything I know about baseball, and I still have a soft spot for the man even though he hasn't been on Cubs broadcasts in some time.

I've used the Unlucky 13 handle on Cubs and other message boards for a long time - since about 2001 or 2002. I've been looking for a new Cubs board for almost that long as well. I've been posting online on Cubs boards since about 1997, when I got my first computer. However, boards that I would join and post on kept getting merged/gobbled up by others, and after a while, the communities I had been a part of were basically gone.

For a long time, Cubs boards seem to have a large portion of posters who either A) dislike that anyone outside of the Chicago area is a fan, B) Feel that if you didn't play the game at a high level, your opinion doesn't matter much, or more recently C) Treat "advanced stats" like a religion, and if you don't buy in 100%, you're opinion is beyond worthless. I'm just looking for a place where I can have an intelligent, calm discussion about the team where various opinions are welcome. I hope that this can be it.

Thanks for having me.