Cubs ownership transition

Hawkfanwillie07

Liked Posts:
I haven't heard anything recently about the ownership transition other than Buster Olney repeatedly reminding everyone how it has cost the Cubs Jake Peavy. I was just wondering if anyone has heard or read anything new.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Taking initiative to start off the Cubs forum.

Being a sox fan, I have little to add on the topic, except that you have my sympathies. Seriously, I don't believe in curses, because I'm not a Cubs fan, but I remember the Cubs going into the playoffs thinking they'd win the world series for sure.

My buddy, die hard cubs fan, says no way. They'll blow it in the first round. I was stunned that he could believe this. There has to be something hanging over the franchise.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
I think the Cubs still have a shot at Jake Peavy but a deal would must likely occur around the trade deadline and probably would be made if the NL Central race is tight at that point.

The ownership situation has gone on for 3 years now and I think I heard it is nearing competition. Hopefully we can get this done before the All Star break.

Hawkfanwillie07

Liked Posts:
I dont know what to think about the Cubbies this year. Its practically the same team as last year, with the addition of Milton Bradley. He could have a good year and be the addition the Cubs needed to get past the first round, or he could easily be on the DL for 100 games. The fact of the matter is, they are the best team in the division and should win it by at least five games.

Lou has got to figure out a way to light a fire under these guys in September. All these guys have proven that they can put up good numbers in the regular season, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't win in the postseason. Ask Tracy McGrady.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling Peavy ends up in Chicago eventually. San Diego's reason for wanting to ship Peavy off were strictly financial....and that hasn't changed. The burden is still on them to trade his 16-17mil per year contract or else have to pay it....something their owners DO NOT want to do.

Seth

Liked Posts:
The writer of ivychat.blogspot.com has made a pet project out of writing about cubs ownership issues and the sale of the cubs.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Everything i've read has said something about near opening day, so I would expect news in the next month. Not sure I totoally believe that was the sole reason why the trade didn't get done but we'll see. I hope it wouldn't drag on to the deadline so there are no surprise teams that are on the bubble and want to make a push for him.