C.J. Mosley & A.J. McCarron

Liked Posts:
I want them both to be Bears, pick #1 on Mosley, & McCarron should go around the second or maybe third round. Mosley is such a smart, discipline, & talented LB who I think would make the perfect young leader in a revamped LB core. I also think McCarron would make a fine system QB in Trestmans offense.

I want both players to be Bears.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Mosleys good. Very good in coverage for a Lb which is perfect for today's NFL. Is he was there when we picked I could see them pulling the trigger.

Liked Posts:
Mosleys good. Very good in coverage for a Lb which is perfect for today's NFL. Is he was there when we picked I could see them pulling the trigger.

I would love the pick. He's the perfect mold of LB to be a three down WILL or MIKE LB in the Bears system. I'd love to have a young LB core of Mosley, Bostic & Greene. That would give us one of the youngest, fastest & most athletic LB cores in the league, & Mosley certainly appears to have the intelligence & discipline to be the leader of a defense that's turning over moving forward. A LB core of Mosley, Bostic & Greene may very well have enough speed & athleticism to allow the Bears to stay in their base defense more often also. That's a LB core would give us a lot of speed at the second level at all three LB positions with Greene as the pure Coverage LB, Mosley as the all around smart balanced do it all LB & Bostic as the downhill run defending plugger LB that lays the wood. I would love the pick if the Bears were able to snatch #32 up.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Cant see a LB in the 1st, would obviously depend on the board, but the DL needs a lot of help.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only way they go LB in the first is if they sign a DE and DT in FA...and possibly a S, as well.

McCarron, meh...I'm a 'bama fan -- but I see him as a back-up for a few years, out of the NFL by year 5 or 6. :shrug:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
There's no way Emery goes lb in the first. There's no reason to; how about we let our young replacements play a few games before bringing in their replacements?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I like Mosley, but it has to be DL or DB in the first I'd say. There are a lot of QBs to choose from and I'm not a big fan of McCarron at the next level. Mettenberger has a strong arm and is pretty accurate, but on a lot of snaps he really winds it up. I think they have a good chance to get the future qb in this draft and I don't mean future as in next year.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I want them both to be Bears, pick #1 on Mosley, & McCarron should go around the second or maybe third round. Mosley is such a smart, discipline, & talented LB who I think would make the perfect young leader in a revamped LB core. I also think McCarron would make a fine system QB in Trestmans offense.

I want both players to be Bears.

there are better Qb's more complete to be had. This draft has plenty of "big play Qb's"......it would serve us well to seek one. We don't need another Cade McNown-Rex Grossman mistake.

Liked Posts:
there are better Qb's more complete to be had. This draft has plenty of "big play Qb's"......it would serve us well to seek one. We don't need another Cade McNown-Rex Grossman mistake.

You don't know that he's anything like Rex or Cade. Funny that you say we need a big play QB yet we already have one & Rex was also a big play QB. We don't need a big play QB, we need a smart, complete & efficient QB. He's been steadily building a rep as a smart QB that's efficient, makes few mistakes, is an accurate passer with good arm strength, not Cutler or Flacco arm strength, but good enough to accurately connect on a 45-50 yard pass. I think he & other QB's like him are perfect fits in Trestmans system.

Liked Posts:
Cant see a LB in the 1st, would obviously depend on the board, but the DL needs a lot of help.

Yes it does but that doesn't change that the Bears would still be better off drafting Mosley if he were the BPA, instead of locking themselves to the D-line & drafting a lesser player. I want D-Line help too, but I want a good player more than anything & Mosley sure stands out & would lead a newly rebuilt defense for years to come.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with both players on the Bears, but at the same time I think it's hard to pick players from the top ranked college team.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You don't know that he's anything like Rex or Cade. Funny that you say we need a big play QB yet we already have one & Rex was also a big play QB. We don't need a big play QB, we need a smart, complete & efficient QB. He's been steadily building a rep as a smart QB that's efficient, makes few mistakes, is an accurate passer with good arm strength, not Cutler or Flacco arm strength, but good enough to accurately connect on a 45-50 yard pass. I think he & other QB's like him are perfect fits in Trestmans system.

WHEN I say "big play", I don't mean flinging the ball into double-coverage and hoping our wr's can come down with it. I mean mobile, smart, complete & efficient like a Teddy Bridgewater.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

I don't think the Bears would draft McCarron and expect him to be their starter. He's supposed to be a 3rd-4th round pick. The Bears would draft him as a backup. If the Bears wanted a franchise quarterback they would draft one in one of the first two rounds.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If the Bears are going to draft their future franchise QB, then do it right, not half ass. AJ would be a half ass pick.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
WHEN I say "big play", I don't mean flinging the ball into double-coverage and hoping our wr's can come down with it. I mean mobile, smart, complete & efficient like a Teddy Bridgewater.

How about that guy Brian Brohm, he ended up being pretty great didn't he? The issues with drafting a quarterback from Louisville is that they don't play anyone with a stout defense. I'm not saying he will be a bust like Brohm, but it makes it a lot easier to look mobile, smart, complete & efficient when he's playing in the American Conference.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How about that guy Brian Brohm, he ended up being pretty great didn't he? The issues with drafting a quarterback from Louisville is that they don't play anyone with a stout defense. I'm not saying he will be a bust like Brohm, but it makes it a lot easier to look mobile, smart, complete & efficient when he's playing in the American Conference.

there's no comparison between TB & Brohm. If you wanna talk college conference.....where did Payton, Rice, Doug Wiliams, Steve McNair, etc. come from