GM Rose1 Trading...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
fola wrote:
TheStig wrote:
shortlunatic wrote:
at this point, Shaq is the kinda guy you wanna go after only if ur a shaq away from winning a championship. Chicago is not that team, so i dont see any reason why we should give Deng, Hinrich, AND Noah for merely a one year rental, who i dont even think wants to come here.
I don't know about that, if we strike out with Bosh/Amare I would give Miller and Jerome James for Shaq if we can stay under the LT. Shaq would do wonders for our shooters and he is still an all star even if he is slowed. Shaq is putting up 18 and 8.6 with the highest fg% in the league, I am sure he would make us a top 4 team.

Top 4? In the league?!? I'm not even fully sure that ut would make us a top 4 team in our conference. But you do raise a really good question. what do we do if/when we strike out on both bosh and amare? Just stay the course and keep developing our guys, or go after another FA like Dirk?
Sorry, I meant a 4 seed in the east and maybe sneaking into the ECF if Rose really develops. And its not like he is costing us anything, if a star becomes available, shaq is still a big expiring deal that will be tradeable at the deadline. I just think Dirk won't get dealt and if he does will be too expensive, shaq is available for literally nothing.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Considering Shaq is done in one year, I look at this trade as being one of the more lopsided suggestions I've ever seen.

Deng/Hinrich for Shaq and the suns pick, maybe. But to throw in our 2 picks, plus Noah. No way. Substitute Shaq with Amare and that is still a stretch...although Id probably do it.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
No way the Suns make this trade.

The Suns are trying to save salary. This move adds a ton of long term salary for them. They're simply not going to be interested in Hinrich/Deng.

On top of that, this trade has to be treated as a salary dump where we're just losing contracts and paying the price of Joakim Noah to do so.

We're WAY WAY worse talentwise after this trade. I mean it's not even close. We would gain quite a bit of salary flexibility, but I can't imagine we'd want to gain it at the massive loss in talent as it would be difficult to get talent back with that flexibility.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I don't think either team would touch that deal. The Bulls dump alot of salary long term, but lose alot of talent. You can't trade players away then become less talented. Doing so will only put you in the position where you would have to overpay the new talent you're looking to bring to the team. The Bulls just have to keep it simple, unless a unlikely blockbuster presents itself.

The Sun are another team that needs to keep it simple. They should look to move Richardson to the three, and draft Warren or Holiday if they're available.

JustinC5

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
JustinC5 wrote:
So you want to trade every 'asset' we have for a guy who's over the hill, will be retired within 3 years, and who's only loyalty is to himself? How'd he go from implying Wade was much better than Kobe to trashing Wade?

Brad Miller fills the void for now and provides more veteran leadership than Shaq would.

And honestly, I'd much rather trade Tyrus than Noah.
What assets are we losing? Shaq expires at the same time JJ and Miller expire and we would still have Tim's expiring deal. Brad Miller provides veteran leadership but so does shaq and he would be our best defender, rebounder and post presence. Did I mention he is an all star big and leads the league in fg%? I also wouldn't trade either Noah and TT for him and both would still get plenty of PT. I don't see the harm if we strike out on Bosh and Amare.

You do realize that Shaq plays when he wants right? And that when he wants could be a few games or a few minutes. Shaq made the All Star game because of his play, not his production. This isn't Orlando or LA Shaq.. or even the first year or two in Miami Shaq. I'd say 'no thank you'. You're not only giving up 2 picks - which at the very least can be used on role players and Noah who while not an all star, can be productive and fits very well next to a scoring PF, but Hinrich and Deng. I've never liked Deng, give him away, but Hinrich actually may have some value on this team.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
JustinC5 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
JustinC5 wrote:
So you want to trade every 'asset' we have for a guy who's over the hill, will be retired within 3 years, and who's only loyalty is to himself? How'd he go from implying Wade was much better than Kobe to trashing Wade?

Brad Miller fills the void for now and provides more veteran leadership than Shaq would.

And honestly, I'd much rather trade Tyrus than Noah.
What assets are we losing? Shaq expires at the same time JJ and Miller expire and we would still have Tim's expiring deal. Brad Miller provides veteran leadership but so does shaq and he would be our best defender, rebounder and post presence. Did I mention he is an all star big and leads the league in fg%? I also wouldn't trade either Noah and TT for him and both would still get plenty of PT. I don't see the harm if we strike out on Bosh and Amare.

You do realize that Shaq plays when he wants right? And that when he wants could be a few games or a few minutes. Shaq made the All Star game because of his play, not his production. This isn't Orlando or LA Shaq.. or even the first year or two in Miami Shaq. I'd say 'no thank you'. You're not only giving up 2 picks - which at the very least can be used on role players and Noah who while not an all star, can be productive and fits very well next to a scoring PF, but Hinrich and Deng. I've never liked Deng, give him away, but Hinrich actually may have some value on this team.
What picks are we losing? I proposed Jerome James and Brad Miller for Shaq, I shot down the original idea. Last I checked, Shaq was still much better than Brad Miller and probably faster too.