GM Rose1 Trading...

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Suns receives: Hinrich, Deng, Noah, and both Bulls first round draft picks (#16 and #26).
Analysis: Suns add depth at critical positions and becomes the running team of old. They add Kirk whom takes pressure off Nash, which can be good because of post-season. Deng also solidifies their question mark at SF. Best thing about it, Stoudemire gets his gift and that's to be the man for 48 minutes. Last, the reserves also gives you a boost of offense - contrary to the past. Oh, yes, the two picks can be use to give them more depth in the front-court.

PG: Nash, Hinrich, Dragic
SG: Richardson, Barbosa
SF: Deng, Hill, Tucker
PF: Stoudemire, (#26)
C: Noah, Lopez, (#16)

Bulls receives: O'neal, and Suns first round draft pick (#14).
Analysis: Bulls add inside scoring, leadership, and immense experience to mash with fellow LSU alum Thomas and veteran Miller. I think this is a good trade for both teams, especially since O'neal has got back into shape. I believe O'neal will light a spark in our front-court because of the complementary pieces that could be around him. Which wasn't the case with Stoudemire in Phoenix due to the fact both wanted to be the prophet on offense but skipped defense. This can cause Thomas to become a more improved offensive player alongside Shaq and the confidence should be inevitable. Thomas just might get that triple double Reggie Miller was pondering over, of course, with the arrival of someone with the skill-set of Shaq and then you have Miller coming off the bench. Last, the draft pick is late in the lottery but with Bulls luck of last year, lets hope in this case that it carry over - of course if the trade was to go through. Small note, O'neal contract is like too attractive.

PG: Rose, ?
SG: Salmons, ?, Roberson
SF: (Earl Clark G-F), ?
PF: Ty.Thomas, Tim Thomas
C: O'neal, Miller, Gray

gh.jpg

JakeN7

Liked Posts:
Not only did I make your icon, I made that photo you posted as well!

But anyways... I'd rather have Amare. Shaq is a little too old for this bulls team IMO.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
The suns are looking to cut cost and rebuild. They would let Shaq go for a soiled pair of underpants if it worked under the cba, you are overpaying a lot and they wouldn't want deng or hinrich.

shortlunatic

Liked Posts:
at this point, Shaq is the kinda guy you wanna go after only if ur a shaq away from winning a championship. Chicago is not that team, so i dont see any reason why we should give Deng, Hinrich, AND Noah for merely a one year rental, who i dont even think wants to come here.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
shortlunatic wrote:
at this point, Shaq is the kinda guy you wanna go after only if ur a shaq away from winning a championship. Chicago is not that team, so i dont see any reason why we should give Deng, Hinrich, AND Noah for merely a one year rental, who i dont even think wants to come here.
I don't know about that, if we strike out with Bosh/Amare I would give Miller and Jerome James for Shaq if we can stay under the LT. Shaq would do wonders for our shooters and he is still an all star even if he is slowed. Shaq is putting up 18 and 8.6 with the highest fg% in the league, I am sure he would make us a top 4 team.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
But even if Shaq continues to play at such a high level, it's just a big tease because Rose will start to get used to playing with a player like him. Then when Shaq retires, Rose will never have a chance (most likely) to play with that style of a player ever again. Even if it does make us a second round team or so, i'd rather just wait for the homerun as opposed to bringing in player's who would change your entire offensive philosophy for a year or two. It's better to just keep with continuity, unless you can acquire a player who changes your offensive philosphy and is also young, so you can feel OK about Rose getting accustomed to a different system (since it'll be for the long haul).

JustinC5

Liked Posts:
So you want to trade every 'asset' we have for a guy who's over the hill, will be retired within 3 years, and who's only loyalty is to himself? How'd he go from implying Wade was much better than Kobe to trashing Wade?

Brad Miller fills the void for now and provides more veteran leadership than Shaq would.

And honestly, I'd much rather trade Tyrus than Noah.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
ryguy24 wrote:
But even if Shaq continues to play at such a high level, it's just a big tease because Rose will start to get used to playing with a player like him. Then when Shaq retires, Rose will never have a chance (most likely) to play with that style of a player ever again. Even if it does make us a second round team or so, i'd rather just wait for the homerun as opposed to bringing in player's who would change your entire offensive philosophy for a year or two. It's better to just keep with continuity, unless you can acquire a player who changes your offensive philosphy and is also young, so you can feel OK about Rose getting accustomed to a different system (since it'll be for the long haul).
So you want to avoid swapping expiring deals because Shaq is too good? I'd love to make a run with Shaq. And we wouldn't have to change out entire system, look at what they do in PHX, they just throw the ball down low to him occasionally and still run. We would be doing the same thing.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
ryguy24 wrote:
So you want to avoid swapping expiring deals because Shaq is too good? I'd love to make a run with Shaq. And we wouldn't have to change out entire system, look at what they do in PHX, they just throw the ball down low to him occasionally and still run. We would be doing the same thing.

If you treat it as a move to save $ (though you're adding in Noah as well), then sure. But if you make the trade for Shaq the player, I just don't see the logic in teasing yourself with a style of player that you'll likely never have again. Maybe i'm in the minority, but that's just how I see it.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
JustinC5 wrote:
So you want to trade every 'asset' we have for a guy who's over the hill, will be retired within 3 years, and who's only loyalty is to himself? How'd he go from implying Wade was much better than Kobe to trashing Wade?

Brad Miller fills the void for now and provides more veteran leadership than Shaq would.

And honestly, I'd much rather trade Tyrus than Noah.
What assets are we losing? Shaq expires at the same time JJ and Miller expire and we would still have Tim's expiring deal. Brad Miller provides veteran leadership but so does shaq and he would be our best defender, rebounder and post presence. Did I mention he is an all star big and leads the league in fg%? I also wouldn't trade either Noah and TT for him and both would still get plenty of PT. I don't see the harm if we strike out on Bosh and Amare.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Stig, I thought you were agreeing with the OP who dealt Noah in his version. My bad.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
ryguy24 wrote:

but the suns have stumbled slightly, and another example is looking at the sixers, which is probably a more likely result for us.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
ryguy24 wrote:

but the suns have stumbled slightly, and another example is looking at the sixers, which is probably a more likely result for us.
Right look at the suns today, thats more how we would look. They have a stable post presence and run. You can see that you can still run and throw it in down low to shaq. They got into trobule when Porter wanted them to run the offense through shaq and play half court offense. Since they have gotten rid of Porter they have looked better and thats without Amare or any real bigs besides shaq. We would still have TT and Noah playing 30mpg each with him. And we play better defense than him at every other position.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
ryguy24 wrote:
Stig, I thought you were agreeing with the OP who dealt Noah in his version. My bad.
No problem, I can see it happening if we resign BG cheap and kirk gets traded for cap space or an unguaranteed contract. The appeal to the suns is that they get Miller who is a better fit, can save a couple of mill because JJ and Miller are cheaper than Shaq and maybe they can buy out JJ for a discount.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
but the system works best under d'antoni, compliling almost 60 wins a season, and the suns are barely over .500 this season with shaq.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
but the system works best under d'antoni, compliling almost 60 wins a season, and the suns are barely over .500 this season with shaq.
Right but they weren't playing the system for half a year and Amare has missed half the year. Plus barely over .500 would make us a 5 or 6 seed. And we play in an easier conference and we play much better D than the suns now and I don't think shaq would hinder that. Plus you forget that VDN comes from the Dan Tony system when he was GM. Except for Nash, all of our players are more well rounded and better than the suns players. We will be better than them. I mean really, they are playing with Shaq as their only player that is 6'9.

fola

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
shortlunatic wrote:
I don't know about that, if we strike out with Bosh/Amare I would give Miller and Jerome James for Shaq if we can stay under the LT. Shaq would do wonders for our shooters and he is still an all star even if he is slowed. Shaq is putting up 18 and 8.6 with the highest fg% in the league, I am sure he would make us a top 4 team.

Top 4? In the league?!? I'm not even fully sure that ut would make us a top 4 team in our conference. But you do raise a really good question. what do we do if/when we strike out on both bosh and amare? Just stay the course and keep developing our guys, or go after another FA like Dirk?