Kings again?

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Thinking ahead to the draft, let's say Blake Griffin goes to the Kings...would that make Jason Thompson or Spencer Hawes available? Could Noah and Thompson or Hawes be swapped? Either guy might look good alongside Tyrus and give us scoring punch at the 5 spot.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why we or the kings would swap Noah for Thompson or Hawes? I think Pax really values Noah and already passed up both of those guys. On a sidenot we have gotten the better end of the deal with Sacto with Salmons and Miller and Songalia.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Basghetti80 wrote:
Thinking ahead to the draft, let's say Blake Griffin goes to the Kings...would that make Jason Thompson or Spencer Hawes available? Could Noah and Thompson or Hawes be swapped? Either guy might look good alongside Tyrus and give us scoring punch at the 5 spot.

I'd take Noah over Thompson and Hawes. If Tyrus can't become an offensive oriented player then he needs to be replaced not Noah.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Yuck. Noah for Hawes? yuck. as for Thompson he is a nice little prospect however isnt he already 23? I rather let Noah grow.

Kings can draft Griffin and play Thompson at the 3, he is athletic enough.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Yeah I probably agree I was just tossing something out there. Finding a scoring PF to go with Noah is our best bet to drastically improve our personnel.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Yuck. Noah for Hawes? yuck. as for Thompson he is a nice little prospect however isnt he already 23? I rather let Noah grow.

Kings can draft Griffin and play Thompson at the 3, he is athletic enough.
Noah is 24 and Thompson can play the 3 as well as TT can, so its not a good idea.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I rather not deal Noah for Thompson nor Hawes.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
I rather not deal Noah for Thompson nor Hawes.
Oh neither would I but Thompson's age is the last thing that would hold me up.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
I think we've got what we wanted from the Kings. That well is dry. If we're going to look at a trade I think we need to be thinking Kirk or Deng dump or a superstar, rather than shuffling mediocrity in the frontcourt.

There's also something to be said for chemistry. This group right now are showing signs of growing chemistry. I think the mian 6 or 7 guys are learning how to play with each other and even if there's not a whole lot of changes this summer we'll be alright for next year.

cool007

Liked Posts:
But why would they give up on Hawes or Thompson??

They would have a very good 3-big man rotation and bring Thompson off the bench.

Let them grow for a year or two and see how it pans out first before giving up early and making the trade.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:

They would have a very good 3-big man rotation and bring Thompson off the bench.

Let them grow for a year or two and see how it pans out first before giving up early and making the trade.

Hawes really doesn't look that good, he stays at the perimeter way to much and Thompson for his age is still extremely raw.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
cool007 wrote:

Hawes really doesn't look that good, he stays at the perimeter way to much and Thompson for his age is still extremely raw.

That's fine but both are projected raw and prospect - not NBA ready by any means so why not give them couple of years before you just jump to any conclusions?

I think it would be a mistake to just give up on them. I think Thompson has good potential to be a solid big down the road and Hawes can be a great bench big or a solid rotational big.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
If i were a Kings fan I wouldn't want them dealt however as a Bulls fan I wouldnt want to pursue them. I like how Tyrus and Noah are growing.

boogernights

Liked Posts:
I think it's time to stop these lateral trades. The Bulls should make trades if it would land them a superstar or make them a perennial conference finalist.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:

If Thompson and Hawes are part of a "good" 3 man rotation then Noah and Thomas could be part of a superstar 3 man rotation. Thompson/Hawes are both worse players.