Grown men wearing jerseys

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
What do you guys think of this?

Is there an age when it is no longer "cool" or socially acceptable to wear an NBA/MLB/NFL jersey out casually? Some folks wear them all the time, others avoid it b/c it gives off that weird "man-crush" vibe. It's always acceptable for kids, but what about us guys?

I really want to get a Rose authentic, but in being honest with myself, I realize I may only wear it once or twice before it collects dust in the closet (or gets framed and put up in my office with a few others). I'd like to get a authentic Zambrano jersey too, but I am faced with the same issue. For 150-250 bucks per jersey, is it worth it just to say you have one, even if you don't wear it....

Thoughts?

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
If you want to buy something, buy it.

If you want to wear something, wear it.

You don't need to justify it to anyone, or even to yourself. Who cares what other people think? You survey a 100 people half of them may think it's cool, the other may think it's not. As long as your comfortable with your purchase, who gives a rats ass about what others may think.

Being 'cool' or 'un-cool' is just perception. Being 'cool' is doing what makes you happy and being comfortable doing it, without worrying about what others may think.

HeavyC

Liked Posts:
Personally, I'm 28 and I'm not sure I'd still wear a basketball jersey. I've never actually owned a baseball jersey or worn one in public either. However, I don't have any problems wearing an NFL jersey for some reason. Not all the time, but to certain events. I think they look cool, and I've never had anyone say anything to me.

st. park

Liked Posts:
I would personally never wear a jersey outside of a game.

That said, I don't really care if other grown men want to do it. I wouldn't buy it if you don't plan on wearing it much, but if you have the extra income go for it.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I just bought a Rose jersey, so I hope it's okay.

When I was a kid, I used to wear jerseys all the time. Michael Jordan, Elton Brand, and even non-Bulls like a Shaq/Penny magic jerseys, Chris Webber Royals, etc. I think the Tim Duncan Team USA jersey I had was my favorite. Had a Ben Gordon jersey for a bit, but my mom ruined that one on the first wash. She didn't understand that 1. I don't want her washing my clothes and 2. You have to put those in cold water, and hang dry them.

I'd like to get a Ben Gordon jersey too still.

They're not bad. They're fun to have. They just can be really expensive. The replica's are decent enough imo, and the swingmen, which have patches, are pretty decent as well.

I want to get another Ben Gordon jersey still. I don't think it's worth getting them for every player. In my case, I'd only really want Rose, Gordon, Kukoc, and Jordan as far as Bulls jerseys go. Zambrano and Sosa for Cubs, and Favre/Rodgers for the Packers. The major drawback is the price of jerses.

I actually like the jersey t-shirts too.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:
What do you guys think of this?

Is there an age when it is no longer "cool" or socially acceptable to wear an NBA/MLB/NFL jersey out casually? Some folks wear them all the time, others avoid it b/c it gives off that weird "man-crush" vibe. It's always acceptable for kids, but what about us guys?

I really want to get a Rose authentic, but in being honest with myself, I realize I may only wear it once or twice before it collects dust in the closet (or gets framed and put up in my office with a few others). I'd like to get a authentic Zambrano jersey too, but I am faced with the same issue. For 150-250 bucks per jersey, is it worth it just to say you have one, even if you don't wear it....

Thoughts?

I think it's fine. I'm 31 and I still wear jerseys, but a lot less than I used too. When I was in my teens/early 20's, I wore jerseys everyday.

Go get that Rose jersey. It's okay.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't look weirdly at someone for wearing a jersey, but I don't enjoy wearing them myself and probably wouldn't.

I prefer the jersey look stamped onto T-shirts instead.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
23, and I don't wear jersey all that much anymore. But I still buy them and collect them. I will on occasion wear one, but it's usually only in connection to basketball.

I have a ton of Bulls t-shirts and hoodies that I wear all the time, though. Oh, and I bought this Bears hoodie recently, which is awesome. I'm all Chicago, all the time. And I live in Copenhagen.. (DENMARK, Brian)

;)

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
BTW. Thanks again for the gloves Doug. Best ones I ever had. The sun is finally beginning to come around, so they're in the closet now. But I used them frequently during the late stages of the winter, and they were definitely the best pair I have ever worn.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Morten Jensen wrote:
BTW. Thanks again for the gloves Doug. Best ones I ever had. The sun is finally beginning to come around, so they're in the closet now. But I used them frequently during the late stages of the winter, and they were definitely the best pair I have ever worn.

Haha, dude, you need to buy some nice gloves then. Not that those were horrible, I wear them, but they were hardly great. A nice pair of gloves blows them away.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Morten Jensen wrote:

Haha, dude, you need to buy some nice gloves then. Not that those were horrible, I wear them, but they were hardly great. A nice pair of gloves blows them away.

I think it's the exact opposite in my case. My mom has always bought me expensive gloves with this and that feature.. I've always hated them and found them uncomfortable. The Bulls ones are simply the better fit to my hands and they don't feel tight or cut off my blood circulation like those $50-$60 ones does.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I guess I can't say anything, I always wear those gloves too rather than my expensive gloves.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I will always wear basketball jerseys however I always have a t-shirt underneath because I think its trashy when people who are not playing basketball walk around with no shirt underneath it.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Morten Jensen wrote:
And I live in Copenhagen.. (DENMARK, Brian)

;)

I'll never live that one down.

I actually bought two jerseys in the past week and a half. An authentic Jonathan Toews black, and a Jay Cutler replica.

Hockey jerseys are my favorite to wear, basketball my least actually.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
I'm begun liking baseball jerseys. I was in Chicago in late march, and I purchased a grey jersey with the number 34. I forget the name. It was marked down to $20 from $90. So that made my day.

Oh, I also bought an Urlacher, but I looked at the wrong one on the rack in size. Since I packed it immediately, it wasn't untill I got home I realised it was 6XL.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Morten Jensen wrote:
I'm begun liking baseball jerseys. I was in Chicago in late march, and I purchased a grey jersey with the number 34. I forget the name. It was marked down to $20 from $90. So that made my day.

Oh, I also bought an Urlacher, but I looked at the wrong one on the rack in size. Since I packed it immediately, it wasn't untill I got home I realised it was 6XL.

6xl? man thats huge. I can cover a Barbecue with that size. What size do you normally wear?

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
2XL. I like them baggy.

I bought it my first day, so I was tired and didn't pay attention. I just packed it right when I got back to the hotel. When I got home, I unpacked it and held it out.. I'm currently considering framing it instead.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Morten Jensen wrote:
2XL. I like them baggy.

I bought it my first day, so I was tired and didn't pay attention. I just packed it right when I got back to the hotel. When I got home, I unpacked it and held it out.. I'm currently considering framing it instead.

Yea thats a good idea. I wear a 48 in jerseys which is a XL. I am only 5''7 so its still baggy on me.

Gene

Liked Posts:
I don't mind wearing jerseys. I have an authentic Jordan jersey with the old school Chicago script. I don't wear it that much though. I know a website that sells authentics for cheap, they are probably knockoffs, but I know A LOT of people that buy from them and you can't tell the difference. You can't beat 38 bucks for an authentic jersey shipped to your door.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Gene wrote:
I don't mind wearing jerseys. I have an authentic Jordan jersey with the old school Chicago script. I don't wear it that much though. I know a website that sells authentics for cheap, they are probably knockoffs, but I know A LOT of people that buy from them and you can't tell the difference. You can't beat 38 bucks for an authentic jersey shipped to your door.

I had two friends in high school who would buy jerseys off Ebay. They would get them cheap, and they had some really nice ones.