Easter's games that effect the Bulls

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Boston @ Cleveland: If Boston wins, it will force Cleveland to have to try again to get the #1 seed in the playoffs in their finale against Philly. If Cleveland wins, then they'll almost certainly not have anything to play for in the season finale (except tying the best home record of all time for whatever that is worth)

New York @ Miami: Our dim hopes of the 5th seed will likely be extinguished in this game, but they're still out there for now. We need Miami to lose out and us to win out to get the 5th seed. If we had won either of those two games we blew where we had a tie and the ball with no shot clock left then the odds of the 5th seed would look pretty good right now, but we didn't. Wow those two losses hurt.

Philadelphia @ Toronto: If we want the 6th seed then this is one of the games Philly has the best chance of winning (pending the Cleveland game as well depending on whether LeBron plays). Hopefully Toronto is strong at home. If Philly loses here, then we'll have a legit shot at the 6th seed. If they win, we'll be in the same situation as with the 5 seed requiring a lose out by Philly and a win out by us (granted only 2 games for each of us left after this one, so that's not totally absurd).

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Cleveland smears Boston which makes the 76er game tonight more important given that their finale against the 76ers will almost certainly be meaningless unless they drop their game to Indiana.

Still early in the other games, but I'm predicting that we go 0-3 on our hopes and that Miami knocks us out of the 5th seed tonight and that Philly gets a win in Toronto to take us farther from the 6th seed.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Knicks are hanging in, but look likely to lose. Philly / Toronto within a point at the end of 3.

wjb1492

Liked Posts:
I have to confess, I really thought Philly would come out with a better effort tonight. There's still time and they could end up with the win, but hardly an impressive performance. Coming into a game on a 4 game losing streak, with the Bulls breathing down their necks, and having their final 2 games against the top 2 teams in the conference - while facing a bottom-dwelling Raps team that hasn't been playing well lately - I just truly expected Philly to grab hold of this one. Instead they go down big in the 4th.

Whether they hold the Bulls off for 6th or not, Philly can't be feeling too good heading into the playoffs!

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Miami wins, eliminating us from the 5 seed.

Philly loses, helping our cause for the 6 seed.