Official Major League Soccer 2013-14 Offseason Thread

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Beckham says he wants to bring Ronaldo to Miami in 2017. Good luck Beckham, seriously, good luck would be awesome. But, there is no chance in...

If he gets offered a lot of $$$ there's always a possibility. Beckham, Defoe and Bradley couldn't say no to the $$$.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To those who responded to me, I just think Ronaldo, being the best player in the world, will end his career in Europe. Unless the MLS, grows very rapidly over the next 2-3 years, why would he come to USA? Most Americans can't name a single MLS team, half-empty stadiums, and his world-recognition would fade. Beckham, Defoe, and Bradley aren't the world's best so it's hard to compare.

But if he likes America, and will get payed more here..who knows..but we aren't sure of any of those two things. I say very unlikely, but hoping.

Also, I'm not a huge MLS fan like you guys, relatively new to it, but it really seems Beckham has been huge for the league. Coming as a player, starting a franchise, and looks like might recruit some stars around the world even if not Ronaldo. How much do you guys think he has helped this league so far, and into the future?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
To those who responded to me, I just think Ronaldo, being the best player in the world, will end his career in Europe. Unless the MLS, grows very rapidly over the next 2-3 years, why would he come to USA? Most Americans can't name a single MLS team, half-empty stadiums, and his world-recognition would fade. Beckham, Defoe, and Bradley aren't the world's best so it's hard to compare.

But if he likes America, and will get payed more here..who knows..but we aren't sure of any of those two things. I say very unlikely, but hoping.

Also, I'm not a huge MLS fan like you guys, relatively new to it, but it really seems Beckham has been huge for the league. Coming as a player, starting a franchise, and looks like might recruit some stars around the world even if not Ronaldo. How much do you guys think he has helped this league so far, and into the future?

Except Ronaldo isn't the best player in the world. :shifty:

Bear06

Liked Posts:
To those who responded to me, I just think Ronaldo, being the 2nd best player in the world, will end his career in Europe. Unless the MLS, grows very rapidly over the next 2-3 years, why would he come to USA? Most Americans can't name a single MLS team, half-empty stadiums, and his world-recognition would fade. Beckham, Defoe, and Bradley aren't the world's best so it's hard to compare.

fyp

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Best. News. Ever.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
Best. News. Ever.

That's great news, best news ever would be if Dollar Menu sold the team. They are looking for local ownership, Andy's local (lives in LA), just saying. Andy buys CD Chivas, league takes out the FIRE and find a new owner if the FIRE.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
That's great news, best news ever would be if Dollar Menu sold the team. They are looking for local ownership, Andy's local (lives in LA), just saying. Andy buys CD Chivas, league takes out the FIRE and find a new owner if the FIRE.

Pretty sure Kraft is on top of their list to remove :shrug:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
1.Kraff
1a.Hauptman

I mean, even if Hauptman hasn't exactly been Mr. Popular and the franchise isn't as big as a huge market team should be, we have our stadium deal taken care of and aren't Chivas USA.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
Grant Ward ‏@GrantWard
Fractured 5th metatarsal, looks like I'm chilling in the uk