Bye Bye Caleb Hanie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Martz doesn't want anything to do with Hanie and is on record saying that he wants a veteran to back up Jay Cutty.

I don't think Bulger will sign as a backup. Who would you want to be our backup QBs (assuming the kid from CMU makes the team)?

I'm just hoping we don't have to worry about the backup and that Cutler stays healthy all year.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Josh McCown has conveyed interest in wanting to come to Chicago however that was because he's currently unemployed and would take anything lol.

I would prefer LeFevour to McCown or any other awful back-up. I just hope Jay stays healthy.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
JaMarcus Russel for the win

haha jk

Doesn't matter who we get really, if Cutler can stay healthy all year we might as well keep the kid we drafted.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hanie will most likely be gone. Idk if they will sign a backup QB thats a veteran.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Rex Grossman. :D

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
Again, wrong thinking. Why bring in a crappy vet QB no one wants when we could develop a younger QB that we could one day parlay into draft picks?

j11430

Liked Posts:
Again, wrong thinking. Why bring in a crappy vet QB no one wants when we could develop a younger QB that we could one day parlay into draft picks?

Agreed. And I would much rather have a young qb get shoved into the game if Cutler goes down (knock on wood) rather than a 30+ year-old. Who know, maybe Hanie becomes the next Romo :dunno:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
hey look its the dude with the drugged up orton avvy

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
We don't need no has been QB we have 3 young QBs and thats all we need

omc1969

Liked Posts:
Get the line to block and it won't matter who the backup is.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure Hanie will be an odd man out in this situation,but Martz does tend to get his way with matters like these. Martz is on record for saying that, I believe it's true because I read it over at the sbnation site,WCG.

I can understand why so many people were pissed at the Lefevour pick,because of a situation just like this. Hanie the 2 year player with no game time experience,and Dan "The Experiment" Lefevour sitting at number three on the depth chart. Too bad Kitna's under contract with Dallas.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Haine is definitely gone, I'd say just keep LeFevour and use the roster spot for someone more important. All the QB's available now will still be available come Week 17. None of the current Free Agent QB's will be signed for reasons other than injury so why pay them now and not need them than pay them that fateful week when we may need them. I pray we never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.