Bulls take the 6th Seed and Beat Orlando 1st round

cool007

Liked Posts:
That is my prediction.

I put it in my Sig.

I was on the Orlando board and they have been rooting hard for Bulls to get the 6th seed and pretty much 100% of them think that Bulls just don't have any chance. They think Bulls might win 1 or at most 2 if we were pretty darn lucky.

IMO, with the trade of Salmons and Miller and with Rookie Star Rose and a scorer like BG, I think we can pull it out.

IMO, we will win the 1st game in Orlando and then lose 2nd, and then win 2 at home to go up by 3-1 and then lose at Orlando and finish them off at home in 6.

Let's look at the Matchup:

Alston vs Rose:

This is my opinion but Rose will play like a SUPERSTAR in the playoffs - just my gut feeling. I think he will be even better in the playoffs and will just absolutely destroy this matchup.

Lee vs Gordon:

Gordon will also destroy this matchup. I just don't think Magic have anyone that can slow down BG. I just hope BG doesn't get in that shooting slump - I doubt. Also, they don't have Rip/Chauncy that can post up BG and put him in foul trouble - that really hurt us in that pistons series last time around.

Hedo vs Salmons:

It think it's even. As long as Salmons cancels out Hedo, we will be in pretty good shape. Hedo is their go-to guy when the game is on the line and believe it or not, Salmons plays much better defense on him than Deng ever did.

Lewis vs Tyrus:

This is a KEY matchup IMO. If Tyrus can win this matchup and make Lewis' life miserable, that gives us a pretty good chance. However it can go other way if Tyrus is letting Lewis shoot 3pt bombs all-day - this is when Timmy might be good.

Howard vs Noah/Miller:

No contest. Howard will get 25/12+ every game but if Noah and Miller can make it harder for him then it would be awesome. Howard missing free throws will also help. I really hope Noah can body him up and not let him get position near 5ft of basket or it will get ugly. Also staying under the foul trouble will help. Miller can also bring Howard outside the paint for others to drive in and Miller's offensive skills will actually HURT Dwight if he leaves him alone.

Magic Bench vs Bulls Bench:

Bulls have an edge in this one - especially if Hinrich DOES Come to play. He has shot terribly in the playoffs and I hope he doesn't stink up. I think he won't since Rose is there to take pressure off of Hinrich so Hinrich can just concentrate on defense and outside shooting. Timmy and Miller will definitely help with their shooting and Miller's passing skills and having a big body to body up Dwight.

Coaching: SVG vs Vinny:

SVG has an advantage but IMO, Vinny doesn't even need to do much coaching here. He just needs to play right guys right minutes and at the right time. As long as he doesn't use Gray/Hunter others, then he is fine.

the_future420

Liked Posts:
I'm on board with you man. I'm not sure if we will have a 3-1 series lead, but I honestly believe we will win the series. I also have the same feeling that Rose will play HUGE in the playoffs. Orlando's backcourt is weak and we will have the decided advantage there. I truly believe we will get enough from the front court guys to somewhat mitigate the Howard effect while Gordon/Rose basically carry us to a win. Bulls in 6!:cheer:

*Prepares for all the downers to come in and say its good enough to be in the playoffs and we should just be happy with getting experience but there is no chance we can win*:angry:

fola

Liked Posts:
the_future420 wrote:
Bulls in 6!:cheer:

Right there with ya man. With their current injury issues, and Drose playing some of his best ball as the season comes to an end. I'm feeling really good about us upsetign the Magic. There are questions with RL and Hedo, and you can throw Jameer nelson into that pot as well. Although I do understand they've been alright without so far.

jgonboricua

Liked Posts:
im on board with you also!!! i really think we could beat them and all your points point to us beating them...not to mention lee/lewis and hedo are all hurt!!!

jgonboricua

Liked Posts:
do not forget how much D-Rose elevated his game during march madness elevating himself from a top 5 pick to the #1 pick...

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
I think Orlando will milk Dwight Howard. They will force the ball inside and let him try to draw fouls of Noah, Thomas and Miller early. If that fails for them, we should have a good chance at holding off their shooters. The shooters are my biggest concern. They average around 30 points per game from the 3-point shot alone. If you can limit them to just a few makes, it messes up their entire game.

It's extremely important to not bite on fakes this series. One bite on a fake from Rashard Lewis, and he's in the paint. Bulls need to be so aware of Orlando's shooters and basically let Dwight get his. I'd rather see Dwight try to go for 50, but limit his supporting cast.

In an Orlando series, the X-factor has to be Derrick Rose. Is there really anyone else with that much importance? He can flat-out feast on Alston if he wishes to do so. Rafer has nothing going for him in such a match-up and will undoubtedly try to get the ball out of Derrick's hands early and often. The only way that'll work is with a double-team. A double-team that might leave Salmons or Gordon enough room to get a shot up.

We can forget about interior scoring from our big men this series. Noah will only get points in fast-break situations. In a half-court game, he won't see a bucket against Dwight Howard. Bulls will be forced to take a lot of jumpers and hope to catch Dwight too far out on the weak side, in order to establish an inside game. The only option here is trying give Tyrus a few isolation plays, cross your fingers and hope and he can draw an early foul on Dwight.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Re:Bulls take the 6th Seed and Beat Orlando 1st ro

Just so you know that Magic is more of a JUMP SHOOTING team than a lot of fans know. They are more a jump shooting team than us and they have Dwight Howard - arugably the best big man in the NBA.

If we just control Hedo and Lewis and limit their 3's I think we have a great chance. People don't realize this but they are worse than we were in Skiles era as a jump shooting team.

We are a lot different than previous playoff seasons. I see BG/Tyrus/Salmons/Rose all going to the line a quiet a bit unless they jsut reward Dwight with blocks all game long giving him 8-10 blocks a game - I doubt.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I think we have a shot at beating them. Hedo and Lewis are banged up and we match up pretty well against them. Our back court should run wild and Hedo won't be able to stop Salmons. If the officials call the games fairly we should be able to get Howard in foul trouble because Rose, BG and Salmons should be able to get into the lane at will. That is the key to the series.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I think against the Magic, we should force feed Gordon and Salmons on the drive to try to get some early fouls on Howard. As well as trying to get Howard switched onto Thomas, and have Thomas try to do his foul drawing thing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that if we went to Rose Salmons early and just let them try to drive to draw a few early fouls on Howard, we would have a pretty decent chance in the game. This is assuming that the refs don't completely screw us over of course. Once Howard is out of the game then we are free to make something happen as long as we guard the 3. It's fully possible to defeat Orlando this way, but I'm still not sure that the Bulls can do it, especially if it comes down to the wire since we all know how the Bulls have done in late game situations. But hey, anything's possible in the playoffs.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:

The best way to beat the Magic is to allow Howard to get his, and try to shut down Lewis and Hedo. Howard is their anchor, but Lewis and Hedo's play dictates whether they win or not.

Regardless of how much we've hated on Deng this season, and deservedly so his length and defense could have really helped against a team like the Magic. Unfortunately, we'll need to rely on Thomas to have a HUGE series defensively against either Lewis or Hedo, because he is the only one that can consistently disrupt them with his length and speed.

cool007

Liked Posts:

Philly just lost today so if we beat Toronto tomorrow, the 6th seed is our's.

My predictions are coming true all the way around. Wow!!!

I predicted Bulls win 45 (give or take 2 games), I predicted Bulls be 6th seed (will be there tomorrow). I also predicted Rose will be ROY. I did predict 1 all-star from Bulls as well but that COULD have been true if we had a winning record.

I also predicted Bulls go 11-4 to finish the season - although they will go 12-3 with win tomorrow - so it's even better.

Man, I feel good.

I just hope that my this prediction become true coz that is the MOST important.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

cool007 wrote:
Philly just lost today so if we beat Toronto tomorrow, the 6th seed is our's.

My predictions are coming true all the way around. Wow!!!

I predicted Bulls win 45 (give or take 2 games), I predicted Bulls be 6th seed (will be there tomorrow). I also predicted Rose will be ROY. I did predict 1 all-star from Bulls as well but that COULD have been true if we had a winning record.

I also predicted Bulls go 11-4 to finish the season - although they will go 12-3 with win tomorrow - so it's even better.

Man, I feel good.

I just hope that my this prediction become true coz that is the MOST important.

I predicted Bulls as the 5th seed, and since it was the beginning of the season, it was more of a prediction of best records, because there is no way that I could anticipate tie breakers, and the Bulls have the fifth best record in the East!

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:

I'm with Cool on this 100% and have the same reasons as him. What Orlando does is feed Dwight making you double him and freeing up their shooters.

What you gotta do is what the Pistons do and there's a reason why Detroit always beat them. You make Howard do it all alone. You live with him scoring and put him to the line at every moment. Use Gray and Linton for there 12 fouls and don't give them the three

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

I really like the matchup with Orlando, but I still think they pull out the victory. I don't see us beating them on the road very often. I like our chances much better then against Boston, but if I was betting, I'm not going against the 58 win team.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

I think the Thomas Lewis matchup is heavily in favor of Orlando. Tyrus has so much trouble with the perimeter PFs. That coupled with Dwight beasting all game every game will be too much to overcome. Rose and Gordon will give the Bulls in every game, but I don't think it will be enough to take the series.

Magic in 5 or 6.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

Ralphb07 wrote:
I'm with Cool on this 100% and have the same reasons as him. What Orlando does is feed Dwight making you double him and freeing up their shooters.

What you gotta do is what the Pistons do and there's a reason why Detroit always beat them. You make Howard do it all alone. You live with him scoring and put him to the line at every moment. Use Gray and Linton for there 12 fouls and don't give them the three

Its not that simple. Sheed even in his lazy and old current state, is a very very good post defender. He has given Howard trouble his whole career. Even Kwame Brown is a better post defender than Miller and Noah. Noah is very weak both upper body and lower body and Howard just overpowers him. I think in all 4 games Noah was in foul trouble. Miller is not agile or quick enough to deal with Howards post moves. We will unfortunately see a lot of Aaron Gray in the series.

The Bulls have to make their push when Howard is resting to have a good chance.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I think against the Magic, we should force feed Gordon and Salmons on the drive to try to get some early fouls on Howard. As well as trying to get Howard switched onto Thomas, and have Thomas try to do his foul drawing thing.

agreed. if we get howard into foul trouble, we're golden. i'm not sure if the magic could play above a cba level w/o howard in the middle.