Ben Gordon proves durability again

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
but he's found ways to work around it. those are just the orthodox ways of doing it.

he's great at creating space and fadeaways, which really negates the huge thing on his height.

and just for conversation's sake, ben gordon is a fine defensive player. he's just not an aggressive player on d.

this can easily be attributed to the fact that gordon doesn't want to get into foul trouble. hinrich can get away with it now because we have rose who we want anyway, and before because we had duhon who was a really good bench guard. gordon has no solid player backing him up unless salmons is able to come to the two again without deng.

now i don't want to get into this big discussion, but it might be beneficial to bring gordon off the bench if we still have salmons and deng next season. now this isn't because salmons is a better player, but because of the manu ginoboli role. he doesn't have to worry as much about doing the other things, and can focus on scoring. like i've seen many dallas mavericks games, and imo jason terry is the best player on that team. better than dirk in my opinion. but he works best off the bench because he's that instant offense. also, we could look for that length in the starting lineup like the lakers with ariza.

a rich man's jason terry is really what gordon is, although he can create his own shot even better. if gordon's coming off the bench for salmons for situational purposes, i'd be ok with it. i really like gordon in the starting lineup, but i'm ok with salmons if he continues this play into next year.

also, it's not the same thing as gordon coming off the bench for a scrub like antoine wright, michael finley, or thabo. and he's just such a great guy, i think that he'd be ok with it, and keep doing what he's doing.

thoughts?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
??? ?????? wrote:
bullsman24, I agree with most of what you said, but Ben Gordon actually is really short. However, he does make up for it with long arms and great strength. He is short, but that isn't really all that important because of his other features.

The only problem Ben has, is that he can't really shoot over the 6'6" shooting guards like say, John Salmons does. John Salmons, with a defender on him, will often just measure up a shot, because he can see over the player. Ben can't really do that, unless a point guard's on him, and that's really the only thing where I think Ben's height actually affects him.

As a short person (well if you consider 5'4-5" short like I do) I feel I must say that "really short" is relative. 6'2" or 6'3" really isn't that short, it's just short compared to people in the NBA.

Apart from that technicality, you make a good point. I know from experience that shooting over someone several inches taller than you is quite a task. So that would be the only thing that truly affects his play.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
2013 REGULAR SEASON

GAME 20

large.png
vs.
large.png

16-0-3 ------- 10-6-2

HISTORY

Ton

Liked Posts:
4-2

Billy Wheeler with the game winner in overtime, and Steve Kennedy gets a shutout.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Something tells me this might be it..... But we'll see.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
At first this game looked like it might give us a real threat of a loss...but with their top rookie out with a concussion, Andy McDonald out with a knee injury, and Steen prob. not going as he is day to day....Im thinking the energizer Hawks keep going and going. ALSO I did not know RK had a twin brother who was a Blues fan.............[media]http://youtu.be/qtrn2pvAhaM[/media]

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Rest assured folks, the smack talk is running rampant in St. Louis. Even the ushers/security guards at the Scottrade Center were giving me shit after my hockey game on Tuesday night.

"We're gonna stop your little streak, haha!"

Me: "16-0-3. I don't need to say anything else, our record speaks for itself."

*Don't F this up Hawks! I don't want to hear about it for the next four months if you lose here tonight.

supraman

Liked Posts:
We beat them last time didnt we? Why not again

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Rest assured folks, the smack talk is running rampant in St. Louis. Even the ushers/security guards at the Scottrade Center were giving me shit after my hockey game on Tuesday night.

"We're gonna stop your little streak, haha!"

Me: "16-0-3. I don't need to say anything else, our record speaks for itself."

*Don't F this up Hawks! I don't want to hear about it for the next four months if you lose here tonight.

Even if they beat us what has it accomplished really...then were 16-1-3 like that would be a laughing matter for the Jokes in St louis. The thinking people have amazes me because it seems like now that the first and most important thing is stopping the streak and trying to win the Cup is second nature to other teams...lol.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Even if they beat us what has it accomplished really...then were 16-1-3 like that would be a laughing matter for the Jokes in St louis. The thinking people have amazes me because it seems like now that the first and most important thing is stopping the streak and trying to win the Cup is second nature to other teams...lol.

We were once that way, we used to just want to beat Detroit, now we have seen the light, fuck beating detroit, just kick everyone's ass.

Ton

Liked Posts:
At first this game looked like it might give us a real threat of a loss...but with their top rookie out with a concussion, Andy McDonald out with a knee injury, and Steen prob. not going as he is day to day....Im thinking the energizer Hawks keep going and going. ALSO I did not know RK had a twin brother who was a Blues fan.............[media]http://youtu.be/qtrn2pvAhaM[/media]

I think we found out what RK has been doing during the last few games... sick my ass!