Ben Gordon proves durability again

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
I don't know why but the powerplay does nothing but make me laugh my ass off. People get so worked up over how awful it is, but all I see is comedy, pure comedy.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Missed that one. Tarasenko's name added to list of concussed players.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Im watching the Islander vs Leafs right now and according to the Islanders play by play team the Hawks are going to lose tonight and the Blues will serve the Hawks their first reg loss because the Blues have had 4 days off and the Hawks are tired from playing a back to back and losing last night in OT. That's incredible!!! Funny that they didn't know who the Hawks lost to in OT last night. I'm having trouble finding who the game was against last night also.

Guess the Islanders play by play team pay as much attention to the NHL as much as Wang does.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Ton and Charles Wang (Islanders Owner) playing cards...

tony-wang.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
did we ever figure out what Corey was out for originally?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
so. 2 questions. who gets credit for the shutout? emery I assume? and if they would have scored on the power play after the shot that hit the post and was reviewed afterwards what would have happened?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
so. 2 questions. who gets credit for the shutout? emery I assume? and if they would have scored on the power play after the shot that hit the post and was reviewed afterwards what would have happened?

No... Corey gets the win and SO.

The first goal would have counted and nullified play up until that point. The NHL does not reset the clock like the NBA/NFL.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If a goal is scoed they add the time back on the clock thst elapsed and play resumes.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26326

they do so reset the clock.

dont listen to stu

In the event that a video replay shows a goal was scored prior to the play being stopped, the Video Goal Judge will inform theGame Timekeeper and Official Scorer of the time of goal and the amount of playing time left to be reset on the game clocks (if applicable).

I dont know what "if applicable" means exactly.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
A routine performance by the Hawks gets a shutout against a listless Blues team. The quick goal pretty much deflated the whole team and quieted the crowd down and the rest was rather smooth sailing. Not usually one to complain about reffing, but thought the Blues got away with some clear calls, but in the end didn't matter. Unfortunate to see Crawford have what seemed to me be some concussion symptoms. The Hawks medical staff again looks like they dropped the ball and let players return too early.

But WOOWOO, the streak goes on.