Clearing some salary for Gordon

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I would trade TT in a HEARTBEAT for him.....

KIDDING!!! LOL....I wanted to see if I could hear BJ scream all the way here.

My no go to get him would be - TT and Daneault....Don't think I'd be happy if Clenending went or Johns...unless that means Leddy is going to be here a long time.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would trade TT in a HEARTBEAT for him.....

KIDDING!!! LOL....I wanted to see if I could hear BJ scream all the way here.

My no go to get him would be - TT and Daneault....Don't think I'd be happy if Clenending went or Johns...unless that means Leddy is going to be here a long time.

You rank bastard! {{shakes fist}}

Also, you would hear the scream resulting from the pain and anguish I would feel from the cerebral aneurysm I'd have in my "blowing a gasket" and before I eventually expire on my keyboard.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Hey book...Eklund is usually spot on with his rumors....says -

The Blackhawks are definitely my team as far as Roy goes. I do know for the Hawks have tried to get Evander Kane at out Winnipeg...but no dice at this point...

What if TT was offered in a package to get him???

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

The Blackhawks are definitely my team as far as Roy goes. I do know for the Hawks have tried to get Evander Kane at out Winnipeg...but no dice at this point...

That's an E98767376736 if I ever heard one.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:

Don't... even... think... about it....

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

GAH!

2zjgahc.gif

Damn you. E.Kane on the Hawks is a scenario I have oft whined and fever dreamed about here. At least THAT is the caliber of player who can start me Armchair GM contemplating a Teravainen scenario for. The E.Kanes, Bobby Ryans of the youngish LW world. Shit, Dan Tanna---you have me a little conflicted here. You bastard. I will have to go with my gut here in saying that while I completely acknowledge the LW corps needs some shoring up I still maintain that the 2C is the more urgent or gaping hole. If I am gonna even think about giving up TT then the first scenario would be getting a stud 2C who can be locked up so the Hawks don't have to worry about that problem for a while. STILL, for what you proposed I have to say no right now. Barring injuries I honestly feel down the road that Teravainen is the real deal for this team. Trust me, I am not trying to clichely homer over-value a prospect here but those hands, they are SO GLORIOUS! Add in the exquisite vision + the skating + puck & stick skills + the IQ ---I just think he's worth taking the risk on waiting for. I'm not saying you but I still think there are a lot of more casual Hawks fans out there who really just don't get that we likely got a Top 5 (at least Top 10) pick at 18 in a "normal" Draft where GMs don't lose their everlasting minds on D-men and we got that without having t have a bottom feeder season. Robbery, highway: see Chicago Blackhawks.

And this is why the hockey world is better off for me not being a GM, heh.

R K

Hawks trade TT, Morin and 2013 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Evander Kane.

Done Deal... Oh my...

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks trade TT, Morin and 2013 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Evander Kane.

Done Deal... Oh my...

You mean the "imaginary" 2013 2nd and 3rd. . .WPG already has the real ones so what the hell, why not!

ETA: Trouble-maker.

R K

E400000000000000

Oops now the "hockeyinnnnsidddder" is telling me it Saad, Morin, and 2 conditional picks for Iginla.... Done deal! Oh my!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
E400000000000000

Oops now the "hockeyinnnnsidddder" is telling me it Saad, Morin, and 2 conditional picks for Iginla.... Done deal! Oh my!

LMAO!!!

RK getting in on the action!!

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I just hope TT for you doesn't end up like STU's love for Beach...it TCD' s love for Poni-Modano

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
We can't get E. Kane. It would confuse too many people and there is a rule against two players having the same name.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just hope TT for you doesn't end up like STU's love for Beach...it TCD' s love for Poni-Modano

No---I don't think it will get that bad. I still acknowledge that he's viewed as a bit of a "project" because of the slight frame and there are never any guarantees a prospect will acclimate to the NHL game period. And let's not even think about injuries {{shivers}}. I'm trying to concentrate on just how very, very young he is and that the Hawks can give him time and try to get this right.

It's not just about the scouting/drafting teams on every NHL's club being more important and invaluable then probably ever in the history of the NHL it's also that next part which is development. All the kickass scouting and drafting in the world don't mean shit if your club can't develop prospects into at minimum serviceable NHLers to save it's own neck. This was the result of the first lockout. Now, post-second lockout and the new CBA it's even more important IMO. That CBA takes care of the elite players (so teams will have their cores) and there's not much left for teams to have money for lots of middle-men and role players---those ELC players and their contracts are fucking ESSENTIAL! You gotta WORK now sift out the usable gems, laser in on their development and strive for blossoming over busting.

R K

We've traded Book for Iginla. She must report to the Calgary Flame website PRONTO!!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe we should create an IHN fundraiser pot in order to send Stu around to follow Rockford for it's last 5 or so games so that he can have an appropriate farewell tour send-off for Beach and Lalonde.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We've traded Book for Iginla. She must report to the Calgary Flame website PRONTO!!

I would NOT fare well in a chicken-fried city that's a glorified Southfork Ranch! You know this Trouble-maker!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I seriously CAN NOT believe this Teravainen to CGY chatter is going even stronger on the interwebz. Fucking Twitter! I honestly just CAN NOT even get my head around the notion that the Hawks would trade him for ANY piece of Calgary's hotass mess. Jesus Fucking Christ it would be like Stan got pimp slapped with a stupid stick.