Clearing some salary for Gordon

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
This idea for clearing some cap space is contingent on a question I have?

Is Adam Morrison's contract unguaranteed for next season?

If so, Hinrich for Vujacic and Morrison saves us roughly 4.5 million to put towards Gordon..The way I calculate if this deal is done, Morrison is cut and Tyrus, James, Tim Thomas, both 1st rd picks for Bosh is done we could have...

Rose,Vujacic
Gordon
Deng,Salmons
Bosh
Noah,Miller

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Ok for some reason I thought it was but obviously this trade is a no go if it means we take on Morrison's contract for next year. That gets us right back to Portland with Blake and Outlaw as possibilities.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seeing lots of chatter that the Hawks are the front runners for Iginla right now.

I am personally against it. However what would be an even tradeoff between Hawks and Flames if a deal did get done?

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Rummer is they want Saad....HELL FUCKEN NO....prospect, maybe draft.....will even toss in the flavor of the month in here Frolik.....and why is there a fucken line through my comment???!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seeing lots of chatter that the Hawks are the front runners for Iginla right now.

I am personally against it. However what would be an even tradeoff between Hawks and Flames if a deal did get done?

For starting this pernicious thread the wedding IS OFF!!! Afro or no afro.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
They can fuck off if they want Saad. For a rental? No fuckin way. Prospect, maybe a draft pick, that's it.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They can fuck off if they want Saad. For a rental? No fuckin way. Prospect, maybe a draft pick, that's it.

They want Saad and if they can't have him they want Teravainen.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For an over the hill rental who may be just about done? No.

They will only get to the McNeil, Morin, Pirri, Johns, Clenny, Hayes, Olsen, Beach combos + roster player(s) + the 1st after they have exhausted all avenues for ball-busting us for Saad, Leddy, or Teravainen.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
If Stan trades any of those 3 for Iginla, he should be fired immediately. Seriously.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like you'll be watching your hometown team then.
<

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Stan trades any of those 3 for Iginla, he should be fired immediately. Seriously.

Agreed. And I am someone who has heretofore supported Stanley. Actually I'd really be pissed if they gave up Johns too. I was hoping that this Draft they'd realize they need to seriously shore up the D prospects pool and use their 1st for one (unless a BPA forward is obvious). It is pretty dangerously anemic IMO and I don't particularly relish the thought of them not being able to pick one this year until the 4th Rd. as it is by giving up the 1st that will be required so I feel they need to hold onto Johns at all costs too---more than Clenny. He was already doing well and now he's hot coming off of ND's CCHA Championship tournament win this past weekend and being named to the CCHA all-tournament team and obviously headed to the NCAA Div. I title tournament.

genefoley

Liked Posts:
Rummer is they want Saad....HELL FUCKEN NO....prospect, maybe draft.....will even toss in the flavor of the month in here Frolik.....and why is there a fucken line through my comment???!

sweet meltdown

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Unless we are giving up prospects that are already backlogged, not interested in signing him at all.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
I'll put it this way.....

Years of pre-planning and drafting have gotten us to where we are now. We could get rid of it all for a washed-up 36 yr old player where the storyline would be "Cup or else".

As much as I love that story, I don't want to screw with our system.... I value it highly, especially since I have seen it grow via our Prospects Camps over the years.

But Iginla is still a name that people do recognize. I'd be a fool not to think he wouldn't improve our team. He brings an intangible of hunger and possibly motivating the team further to winning it all, and "Winning it for Jarome"... It worked for Colorado with Ray Bourque and in Tampa with Andreychuk, did it not?

I would consider Iginla for an appropriate price.... a prospect in Rockford or below that isn't Teravainen, Hayes, or Pirri (they're off-limits in my eyes as is anyone else worth of value on our roster), our first rounder coming up and a conditional 3rd (pending if the goals attained are matched). Its appropriate for Iginla considering what trades have been done recently.

That said, however, where would he go? That's where if I am Stan,unless he wants Sharp (heaven forbid) at Center, I wouldn't consider this deal whatsoever. We have enough wingers as it is and not enough centers. If anything, I'd focus on looking for a 6th D-man (Brookbank isn't cutting it for me) or a Center at this point.

Iginla hasn't done anything for Calgary on the ice to validate his worth over the years (Can't really blame him considering the team he's on), and with Calgary making him "the face of the franchise" doesn't help his worth any....

He's a skilled rental on the end of his career and Feaster should treat him as such instead of trying to validate a trade to save his job.