#16 and #26

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Let's say for arguements sake that Gordon walks and no trade is made for Amare or Bosh and we keep both picks. Who do you take?

Rose,Hinrich
Salmons
Deng
Tyrus,Timmy
Noah,Miller,James

Do you go both perimeter players, one perimeter player and one big? My vote goes for Terrence Williams at #16 and Jeff Pendegraph at #26.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I go best player available in both cases, especially at #26. Guys in the 20s have a real high chance of not being in the league in 2 years. Even if the guy is another offensively inept defensive oriented big man who we don't need at all, if he's a guy who can play we're better with him than most guys.

Same thing if we get a quality PG even though we don't need a PG.

You take guys who can play.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Are we set in stone at 26? I think there was a 3 way tie when I checked.

AirP

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I go best player available in both cases, especially at #26. Guys in the 20s have a real high chance of not being in the league in 2 years. Even if the guy is another offensively inept defensive oriented big man who we don't need at all, if he's a guy who can play we're better with him than most guys.

Same thing if we get a quality PG even though we don't need a PG.

You take guys who can play.

Really? I think it's time to start drafting roleplayers... A stronger low post defender at PF and 3pt shooters at SG and SF. I'm tired of just collecting talent, it's time to build a team and get players who fit in with the direction this team is going.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
AirP wrote:
Really? I think it's time to start drafting roleplayers... A stronger low post defender at PF and 3pt shooters at SG and SF. I'm tired of just collecting talent, it's time to build a team and get players who fit in with the direction this team is going.

I disagree. You have a much higher chance of drafting a guy who has no role in the NBA when you draft on need, or a guy who's just a far worse player.

There's no position on this team except PG that feels like it's really set, and even getting a solid backup PG would be helpful if we want to let Kirk go.

AirP

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
AirP wrote:

I disagree. You have a much higher chance of drafting a guy who has no role in the NBA when you draft on need, or a guy who's just a far worse player.

There's no position on this team except PG that feels like it's really set, and even getting a solid backup PG would be helpful if we want to let Kirk go.

Well, if the 16th draft pick can take ANY of our spots of course draft them but I don't think that's going to be possible, this isn't a strong draft.

Right now we're 2 deep at PG, SG, SF and C for next season and PF will be backed up by Deng at this point to get him his minutes. I don't really see someone drafted at 16 jumping over Rose, Hinrich, Gordon(if he's here), Salmons, Deng, Tyrus, Noah or Miller's place... that's 7-8 players in the rotation and for Deng to get his minutes he's going to be playing some backup PF behind Tyrus. If we're going to make a move I still don't see anyone being good enough to get in the starting lineup now or in the forseable future.

We definately need a stronger PF to make low post PFs work harder till/if Tyrus ever gets strong enough to do that.

BTW... at PG... I don't want another young player there backing up Rose, I want a vet.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
If they're available, I would like to see the Bulls draft Tyreke Evans and Gani Lawal. If Evans isn't available, I would be happy with Terrence Williams and Gani Lawal.

Rose / Hinrich
Salmons / Evans or Williams
Deng / Novak <<<< cheap backup I want
Thomas / Lawal / Thomas
Noah / Miller

RPK

Liked Posts:
It's hard finding any collegiate player that is worth a pick at 16 or 26 in this years draft. Maybe there's some Euro projects out there.

Only players I see in the entire draft that I'd want :

Griffin
Thabeet
Rubio
Blair
Lawson

Chances are those guys are gone (and two of them are pg's anways).

Bottom line is, hopefully the Bulls find a way to package those picks.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Well, if the 16th draft pick can take ANY of our spots of course draft them but I don't think that's going to be possible, this isn't a strong draft.

I mean that we have no one so set at a position, outside of PG, that if we draft a guy there he'll never play or have problems getting playing time that he merits.

Right now we're 2 deep at PG, SG, SF and C for next season and PF will be backed up by Deng at this point to get him his minutes. I don't really see someone drafted at 16 jumping over Rose, Hinrich, Gordon(if he's here), Salmons, Deng, Tyrus, Noah or Miller's place... that's 7-8 players in the rotation and for Deng to get his minutes he's going to be playing some backup PF behind Tyrus. If we're going to make a move I still don't see anyone being good enough to get in the starting lineup now or in the forseable future.

This would seem to echo my point. No one we draft is going to fill an immediate role, so take the guy who will help us the most long term. You simply don't know which of those players are going to be gone in a year and have that spot open up.

We definately need a stronger PF to make low post PFs work harder till/if Tyrus ever gets strong enough to do that.

I agree we need a more physical big man. Dejaun Blair will probably be on the board and could fill that role to an extent, but he's going to need to prove he can get in shape. There have been guys who've done that (Udanis Haslem, Al Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins, or Carlos Boozer) and there have been many guys who haven't.

BTW... at PG... I don't want another young player there backing up Rose, I want a vet.

I generally agree, but Rajon Rondo was there at 22, would you have passed on him at 16
because you didn't want a PG? I thought it was crazy how far he was dropping that year.

AirP

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I generally agree, but Rajon Rondo was there at 22, would you have passed on him at 16 because you didn't want a PG? I thought it was crazy how far he was dropping that year.

Well, unless you know how we're going to get development time for him... no, I wouldn't take him over a role player, we're solid at PG for 37+ minutes a night for the next decade. Who knows how good Rondo would be right now had he gotten just 15-20 minutes a night instead of nearly 30 minutes a night for his first 3 years of his career.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Bulls just won the tiebreaker, so we will be drafting at 16 and 26th for sure.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
Blair and Collison, and I'll be happy.

Picks plus players for Bosh, and I'll be estatic.

Picks plus players for Bosh and Ben Gordon returning, and I'll cry tears of joy.

(I also assume that Blair and Collison will be the best players available at the respective selections. If not, I can live with Patterson and Ellington)

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
At least we won one tie breaker against the 76ers this year. :laugh:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-size:18px;">2013-14 REGULAR SEASON</span>

<span style="font-size:24px;">GAME 25</span>

large.png
<span style="font-size:18px;"> vs</span>.
large.png

<span style="font-size:24px;">16-4-4 ------- 7-15-2</span></p>
<p style="text-align:center;"> </p>
<p style="text-align:center;">

</p>
<p style="text-align:center;"> </p>
<p style="text-align:center;">
U+WOT+M8+description+.+http+www.facebook.com+martin.w.keating_079b02_4051759.jpg
</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
IN B4: "Visors mandatory... fighting sucks... 4th liners are terrible"