Running With The Bulls episode #108

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmikezus" data-cid="234155" data-time="1404433133">
<div>

Richards - 5/2/80

Sharp - 12/27/81

8 months apart?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Sizzle.     That extra 11 months makes him a geezer</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="234145" data-time="1404429500">
<div>

yeah. That's why I don't get it. How many more NHL games does he have out of curiosity. I guess I just find it hard to expect premium production out of a low paid rental no matter how much of a bargain he is. There had to be other contenders that could pay more, why the Hawks? Other than the obvious I guess.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

as I mentioned before the signing with Jako, it is a stop gap contract. He's still getting big money from the Rangers this year, why not take a one year cheap deal with Chicago, go for a cup and pad his stats. This time next year if he has huge numbers again and a cup he will be signing big money for longer term. </p>

</p>

After all, he did score 20 goals last year and 51 points last year. I'm hoping he just didn't gel in the NYR system though. He was over a PPG in the three years he spent in Dallas, and made Loui Erikson look like he was worth Tyler Seguin in a trade. </p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="234150" data-time="1404431203">
<div>

You and him going to take TT our for breakfast</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And morning after pills.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fine. How about that he has over 300 more NHL games than sharp?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I am with you on that Rex. I guess I am just trying to not get my hopes up and put unrealistic expectations on him that will make him a failure no matter how well he does

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="234191" data-time="1404491394">
<div>

I am with you on that Rex. I guess I am just trying to not get my hopes up and put unrealistic expectations on him that will make him a failure no matter how well he does</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I don't see how 50 points as a second line center seems unrealistic. </p>

</p>

Maybe it's because of our last couple years of second line centers</p>

</p>

13-14 Handzus - 16pts</p>

12-13 Bolland - 14pts</p>

11-12 Kruger - 26pts</p>

I don't even remember who the hell we used in 10-11</p>

</p>

Haven't had a decent Second Line center since Robert Lang</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmikezus" data-cid="234155" data-time="1404433133">
<div>

Richards - 5/2/80

Sharp - 12/27/81

8 months apart?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="234156" data-time="1404433361">
<div>

Ummm my math may not be the best but that looks more like 1.5 years ish</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That would be my mistake. I Looked at the wrong dates. </p>

</p>

still 1.5 isn't that much. I spose in the rough and tumble world it may be, but these guys are top of the line when it comes to exercise and health. </p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
If he is a step faster then Handzus, it is already an upgrade. Goals and points are just the cherry on top.</p>

</p>

I don't have high expectations for him. I have them for Kaner and Saad. A legit C that knows what he is doing and I assume can at least keep up with them? If that line remains intact for a majority of the season, both those guys should be lighting it up.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Pretty much. That was my point with Teuvo, he doesn't have to be an All Star, he just has to be decent his rookie season. That alone makes him a better fit than Handzus. Again, when you can see the difference a player like Regin, who is nothing special and basically the equivalent of a replacement level player in the NHL, from Handzus, you know any other player who can actually skate and have an inkling of offensive awareness is going to be even better.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
when did peter regin play well or stand out or make the second line better? dont remember it. i remember shaw making it better and saad getting away from the perimeter game and going to the net making the second line better. regin was horrible last season in the games he played. maybe had two games where he actually was noticeable. peter regin...pffffffffffffff</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="the hanadian dreamzues" data-cid="234279" data-time="1404665650">
<div>

when did peter regin play well or stand out or make the second line better? dont remember it. i remember shaw making it better and saad getting away from the perimeter game and going to the net making the second line better. regin was horrible last season in the games he played. maybe had two games where he actually was noticeable. peter regin...pffffffffffffff</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Don't worry, Ribiero will be here soon.  Then we can trade Regin to Phoenix for a 7th.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="the hanadian dreamzues" data-cid="234279" data-time="1404665650">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Did you read what I said? I didn't say he played well, he was just a better fit for that line because he could SKATE, just by default making him better than Handzus.  A guy like Regin is the definition of a 13th forward, not Bollig.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
no he could not skate and he still cant skate thats why he is a career ahler. he shouldnt have touched nhl ice once in his career. skating in a straight line at average speed isnt nhl skating. thats what bollig does and you all seem to trash on him for it even though he brings different characteristics to the game. regin brings nothing and cock blocks other talent from getting a shot. handzus brought very little also but at least the guy had some special teams abilities. peter regin is a joke of an nhl player more so than guys like bollig. if regin were a goon you would be calling for his head but seeing he isnt you accept him  more even though his skill level is no better than an average goon. the irony is delicious.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Like I said, he's a 13th forward. He's not special in any regard of the game, and he's being paid as such. I would never put him on the second line over anyone with the exception of someone like Handzus, where there is no defending hm anymore having been put there in the first place. That was an asinine situation Q created by his insistence of putting Zus there where just because Regin was a better skater it made him a better fit for that line, nothing else. Bollig brought nothing but a hit or two a game maybe, and once in a while fighting. Of which....brings nothing.  Everything else, easily the worst on the team at, maybe even behind Handzus in skating ability.</p>

</p>

Regin actually played okay when he was with I believe Bickell and mainly Morin near the end of the season. That line wasn't bad. Like I said, he's just a guy in the NHL basically, replacement level if you want to label him something, a much better option than Bollig  is or ever will be who will probably be sitting in the press box more often than not. How is that blocking promising talent from playing? You don't want a guy like Morin sitting in the press box the majority of the season, you want him playing, at either the AHL or NHL level at a regular basis.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="the hanadian dreamzues" data-cid="233886" data-time="1404257810">
<div>

Actually yah didn't he say at the time he didn't want to come to Chicago at all? FUCK RICHARDS!!! </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Arguably I am pretty sure  alot of players put Chicago on their do no trade or do not sign with list prior to 08/09.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
At this point I don't care what he produces as long as it's enough to keep him on the second line and solidify them so there isn't so much line juggling bullshit. If he can just be good enough to give Kane the same center all year then it will be worth it to see what he can produce.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="234299" data-time="1404686728">
<div>

At this point I don't care what he produces as long as it's enough to keep him on the second line and solidify them so there isn't so much line juggling bullshit. If he can just be good enough to give Kane the same center all year then it will be worth it to see what he can produce.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

of course. also gives hossa a capable center to play with if q ever wanted to put kane up with toews. we know the line juggling wont stop richards makes it easier for the line juggling to make some sense. thats the biggest positive. think richards can play with anyone at this point in his career and produce better than any depth center the hawks have had the last five years or so. i dont think anyone is upset with the signing just concerned about season longevity with richards. natural concern with anyone his age. </p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
There will be line juggling. That's because all NHL coaches juggles lines. It's what they do.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="234292" data-time="1404677012">
<div>

Arguably I am pretty sure  alot of players put Chicago on their do no trade or do not sign with list prior to 08/09.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Exactly. Can't fault the man for that. You have to have a lot of guts to want to come to a last place team kissing the toilet bowl each year. 

Best example yet... I don't see people wanting to go to Phoenix, Carolina, Toronto, or Winnipeg. We can even put Detroit on that list now considering the way Free Agency has gone so far.</p>

</p>

Hell, people didn't even want to go to Anaheim when they sucked back in the 90s. Now look at the Ducks. Kesler wanted to go to Anaheim.

With that in mind, what does that say about Richards? He wants to win a Cup and he took a pay cut to do it. In fact, this makes me like him even further.  

</p>