VDN's playoff coaching debut ..

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:
If our team was a veteran team I think I would be with you on this but since there not and playing the defending champs in game 1 on the road I see nothing wrong with the timeouts. Also Pierce could of waited and took the shot at the buzzer which could of meant not even being able to use that timeout in the situation you're giving. Also if Noah doesn't foul how do we know by the time the ball hits the net that's there even time left. This is why they call it MONDAY QB.

I kind of agree with this...but then I kind of disagree with it as well.

Regardless of where you are at, when you know you are in a close game, you have to save at least a couple 20 second timeouts for the last two minutes.

I understand that Vinny was probably being over-cautious with the team, taking extra timeouts to ensure that they dont get rattled and that the home crowd doesn't get into it too much. But kinda like doug mentioned in his podcast, if Pierce nails that last free throw, we are hosed. Had we had a timeout, we can draw up a play, advance the ball to half court for our inbounds pass. 2.7 seconds is an eternity in those situations, and we could have had a realistic shot at a game winner, versus Millers heave from 85 feet.

Bottom line is that we won the game, but I seriously doubt VDN wanted to burn all of his timeouts so early. Hopefully its something that he learns from and corrects in the upcoming games and future seasons.

What Doug failed to mention in his podcast though is Noah was not suppose to foul and if he didn't there's a good chance that there's less than a second or no time when the ball either hits the rim

Which is why I call it Monday morning QB. Boston had the final the final shot. When Vinny called his last timeout you knew Boston was getting the final shot. Pierce took the shot so it would be the final shot and Vinny is getting blamed because Noah made a dumb foul leaving time on the clock that wouldn't of been there.

Knowing after the fact there was 2.6 seconds left yes everyone including Vinny would want a timeout but that happen because Noah did something that no player should do so why blame Vinny?

We can't sit here and question it because we know the time. Now I will say this if the shot clock was on and there's a guarantee that no matter what we'll have 2.6 seconds than that's a different story but that wasn't the case.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Good point Ralph, but the timeout before wasn't the bad timeout. Doug was saying if he didn't call the one earlier in the quarter they have 2 left and he still has a timeout after Noah makes the boneheaded play.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Hendu0520 wrote:
Good point Ralph, but the timeout before wasn't the bad timeout. Doug was saying if he didn't call the one earlier in the quarter they have 2 left and he still has a timeout after Noah makes the boneheaded play.

Yeah I know that but the point is we had a timeout left for which should of been our final possession which is what you want and no one can blame Vinny because Noah makes a dumb foul leaving us extra time.

Noah doesn't foul and having a timeout left doesn't matter is my point because time expires if there is no foul

We have no idea what would of happen if Vinny didn't take that timeout earlier.

I think the Eddie House timeout was a good one. I don't think a team always needs to go on a big run to validate a timeout and the Eddie House three wasn't just a normal basket to me.

Time outs should be used to:

A. Stop a big run
B. Silent the crowd
C. Draw a play or gather yourself

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Yah I agree the Eddie House shot did get the crowd pumped and was a big momentum changer so it wasn't that bad of a timeout. The Bulls won the game so your right we really can't be complaining about Vinny right now.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
I don't remember her at all</p>

</p>

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2014/07/09/lingerie-model-charged-with-killing-google-executive/12427649/</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

</p>

Alix Catherine Tichelman fancied herself a woman of many talents: model, makeup artist, writer, poet, hustler and exotic dancer.</p>
<div> </div>
<div>Police say she deserves another moniker: murderess.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Prosecutors charged Tichelman, 26, of Atlanta, with manslaughter Wednesday for allegedly injecting high profile Google executive Forrest Tim Hayes with heroin and then standing by as he overdosed and died Nov. 23 on his 50-foot yacht, Escape, in the Santa Cruz, Calif., harbor.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tichelman, who allegedly worked as a call girl, had an "ongoing prostitution relationship" with Hayes, who was married and a father of five, police said.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Her attorney, Diana August, did not respond to a request for comment from USA TODAY.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>TECH EXEC DEATH: Arrest made in wake of heroin overdose</div>
<div> </div>
<div>TANGLED WEB: Hayes seemed the model of Silicon Valley success</div>
<div> </div>
<div>On Facebook, Tichelman was AK Kennedy, model and woman about town who boasted about backstage passes to concerts and posted dozens of photos of herself posed in lingerie, black leather bustiers and towering thigh-high boots.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>She advertised her modeling portfolio on the ModelMayhem.com website where she described herself as a 5'9", 115-pound, "sweet & sexy vixen."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>She mused on Facebook about her aspirations as a novelist and posted excerpts from her novel-in-progress about a high school girl named Kat. She wrote that she feared prison, but hated "stupid laws and rules."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>But she spent a night in the Fulton County, Ga., jail on Sept. 6, 2013, after police arrested her for false report of a crime and battery.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>She wrote poetry, some indicating a struggle with drugs, including a desperate, rhyming ode entitled, "Heroin":</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"This private downward spiral-this suffocating black hole, makes you feel so warm inside, yet makes your heart so cold. Each day takes its toll, your thoughts become emotionless, your soul feels too old."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tichelman spent her high school years in an Atlanta suburb with a younger sister. Both women attended Northview HIgh School in Duluth, Ga. Tichelman's profile indicates she graduated in 2005.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Her parents now live in Folsom, Calif. Photos on Facebook show she visited with them on Nov. 29, 2013.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Reporters from KXTV who visited their house reported the family put a sign on the door asking the media to leave. No one answered the door when the reporter knocked.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tichelman's father Bart is the CEO of SynapSense Corp. in Folsom, a provider of energy efficient data center infrastructure. He assumed the position in November 2012 after working with Renewvia Energy Corp., a solar power project developer in Atlanta.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Two years ago, she posted often about a boyfriend named Dean, who owned a music venue in Atlanta called Masquerade and loved monkeys. On June 22, 2012, she posted, he gave her a black and white diamond "promise ring."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"I don't have to forgive, but that doesn't mean I can't let it go," she wrote the day after accepting the ring. "Knowing that my life is better than theirs, I have an amazing boyfriend who takes care of me, and a sound and clear conscience when I got to sleep at night."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>In her last post on Jan. 11, 2013, she wrote about her blessings, including "a great boyfriend, nice house, monkeys, loving family… doesn't get any better than this I don't think."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The boyfriend, who appears to be Dean Riopelle, 53, died Sept. 24, 2013, after a heart attack led to a coma, a newspaper obituary said. News reports in local newspapers said he recently won approval to house exotic animals, including monkeys, at his home.</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
We have all gone to school with prostitutes who murder executives. Just because it's a google executive doesn't make the story more interesting than others. </p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
all good. I went to HS with that serial killer up here who hacked that chinese exchange kid into pieces and taped it. I think he also mailed some body parts?</p>