Over / Under update

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I fixed over / under so it now works based on points.

You get 4 points for answering a question right.
You get -2 points for answering a question wrong.
You get 0 points for not answering at all.

Basically now the people with high percentage and few answers are near the bottom. I'll try to come up with some more questions for tomorrow's game.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I fixed over / under so it now works based on points.

You get 4 points for answering a question right.
You get -2 points for answering a question wrong.
You get 0 points for not answering at all.

Basically now the people with high percentage and few answers are near the bottom. I'll try to come up with some more questions for tomorrow's game.

sounds and looks good. I will try and come up with some questions for you.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
for a guy who comes up with al ot of the questions I sure get many wrong :laugh:

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
John Salmons: 1.5 assists Over Under
Tyrus and Noah combine for 4.5 blocks Over Under

COME ON
Seriously do i have bad luck or what? I am negative 8. Geez.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
John Salmons: 1.5 assists Over Under
Tyrus and Noah combine for 4.5 blocks Over Under

COME ON
Seriously do i have bad luck or what? I am negative 8. Geez.

we need to do the Larry Hughes 1.5 assists question until he actually goes over (I mean John Salmons)

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
(Minimum 70 games played)</p>

Player                                             goals per 60 minutes</p>

1. Corey Perry, RW, Ducks               1.66</p>

2. Max Pacioretty, LW, Canadiens    1.61</p>

3. Jamie Benn, LW, Stars                 1.42</p>

4. Marian Hossa, RW, Blackhawks   1.35</p>

5.Ryan Johansen, C, Blue Jackets   1.32</p>

6. Ryan Getzlaf, C, Ducks                1.32</p>

7. Jarome Iginla, RW, Bruins            1.28</p>

8. Tyler Seguin, C, Stars                   1.27</p>

9. Phil Kessel, RW, Maple Leafs       1.26</p>

10. Alex Ovechkin, RW, Capitals      1.25</p>

</p>

http://www.si.com/nhl/2014/07/30/top-nhl-goal-scorers-even-strength-advanced-stats?xid=nl_siextra</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...and there are still people out there that think we should get rid of Hossa.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="235076" data-time="1406826327">
<div>

...and there are still people out there that think we should get rid of Hossa.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Even if Hossa is bagging 15-20g a season the rest of his play makes him worth it.  That and he is like my cousin 4 times removed or something like that.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="235081" data-time="1406830306">
<div>

Even if the Hawks wanted to, they couldn't.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

They could easily find a trade partner, but they'd never expose themselves like a man about to get a prostate exam if her retires early.</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="235084" data-time="1406836420">
<div>

Even if Hossa is bagging 15-20g a season the rest of his play makes him worth it.  That and he is like my cousin 4 times removed or something like that.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I think at one point he was distally related to my wife via a marriage--something like my MiL's second cousin married (and subsequently divorced) some 2nd or 3rd cousin of his.</p>

</p>

But I agree with you on his play, unfortunately some fans just see the fact he'll turn 36 this season and think he'll turn from HoF talent into Andrew Brunette's last stand with the 'hawks overnight. </p>

</p>

I'm just glad he's with the 'hawks. :)</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="235087" data-time="1406842760">
<div>

They could easily find a trade partner, but they'd never expose themselves like a man about to get a prostate exam if her retires early.</p>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Right, that's what I mean. Teams would be lining up for Hossa if the Hawks were offering him, the cap recapture penalty only applies to the team who signed him to that deal. But even if he deteriorates quite a bit, he has to be kept under Chicago's "control". He'll never be with another NHL team for the rest of his career.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone is doubting his skill level and what he brings to the table. It's the contract that bugs people and what him possibly retiring towards the end of it that's scary.

Obviously the Hawks are stuck with him no matter what and all you can hope for is him being a contributor one way or another towards the end of the deal. Right now, he's doing well. But 4-5 years from now, when that deal is almost up, who knows where his career could be. It's not like he's getting younger, and there aren't too many guys who can play past 40 in the new NHL. Plus, he's hate some constant upper body injuries (shoulder that he had surgery perhaps?) that could start to get worse as he gets older.

It's all speculation, but never was his talent brought up for debate.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="235097" data-time="1406849235">
<div>

I don't think anyone is doubting his skill level and what he brings to the table. It's the contract that bugs people and what him possibly retiring towards the end of it that's scary.

Obviously the Hawks are stuck with him no matter what and all you can hope for is him being a contributor one way or another towards the end of the deal. Right now, he's doing well. But 4-5 years from now, when that deal is almost up, who knows where his career could be. It's not like he's getting younger, and there aren't too many guys who can play past 40 in the new NHL. Plus, he's hate some constant upper body injuries (shoulder that he had surgery perhaps?) that could start to get worse as he gets older.

It's all speculation, but never was his talent brought up for debate.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

IMHO you start worrying about the aging process when it starts to affect a player's game.  It really hasn't affected Hossa yet. He got 4 less goals than Sharp in ten less games played.  As for the playoffs; his D in bailing guys out had an impact on his O production. 

Also, even when age starts to catch up with players, there's a period in which they're still salvageable.  It's not like you can go from All-star or HoF talent to barely AHL overnight, and in that interim, especially with not just the level, but also the gamut of Hossa's skill (he's got talent in a myiad of aspects of the game--not just scoring), Even if Hossa's not scoring 25+ goals or 50+ points, he's probably still going to be an asset much like Mikita in the twilight of his career.</p>

</p>

By my figuring, he's got 6 full seasons left onn his deal.  I think he can still be good for 1-2 year at his current level.  I think 3-4 years where he will slow down but still be salvagable.  That leaves us a max of about 2 seasons in which there might be an issue--or no issue at all.

Personally, I have a gut feeling that he's struck from the same mold as Chelios, Jagr, and Selanne (among others).  In the final year of his deal I think he might put up about 20 goals and be a mainstay shutdown guy on the 3rd line.</p>