OT: If Rockets get out of the first round?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
How bad will that look for McGrady? I am amazed how well they play without him even though he is there go to scorer and a guy who can get a shot any time he wants. If Rockets do get out I can see him hitting the market for say a Tyson Chandler.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you mean play without him?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I dont even see Tracy on the bench, is he traveling with the team?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I think the problem before was they were running the offense through Tmac and/or splitting possessions between him and Yao. It is clear the offense should be run through Yao and then Tmac. Most teams would play inside out but they were playing too much perimeter basketball. It doesn't necessarily look bad for Tmac but more for the coaching staff of not figuring it out sooner, it doesn't seem like Tmac wants to be the focal point anyway. If they can stay healthy and play inside to outside next year, they will be a contender.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
McGrady is done. If he doesn't retire outright, his years as a difference maker are completely over. No way he comes back from microfracture and does anything at all next year. Especially given the massive amount of injuries his body has already accumulated.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
He'll be a LLE signing by 2010, IMO. I don't think he'll retire outright, as he's expressed a desire to remain in the game. So he'll likely give it another go.

BTW. The Francis/McGrady trade some years ago was the biggest blockbuster that summer. If it was done now, nobody would really care. How the mighty have fallen.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
McGrady is done. If he doesn't retire outright, his years as a difference maker are completely over. No way he comes back from microfracture and does anything at all next year. Especially given the massive amount of injuries his body has already accumulated.
I don't know how severe the effects of the surgery are but I doubt Tmac is done. He is still a good shooter and post option for an sg. If he has even any athleticism left he can be a 15+ppg scorer fairly easily as a 2nd or 3rd option. If he wants to come back, he can.

AirP

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

A couple of years ago McGrady talked about playing to the end of his current contract and then retiring because of all the injuries and wanting to spend more time with his family.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I think McGrady will get out of the second round this year. The Blazers just don't have that playoff intensity, and outside of Brandon Roy, I don't think there is really anything special on that team. Their "second best" player, LaMarcus Aldridge is a soft big man, whose a poor defensive player, who scores at a low efficiency. Rudy Fernandez is pretty good, but he's just a role player. Same with Oden and Pryzbrilla. Rockets might be able to sweep them.

Of course, McGrady will have no part in it, but he's still part of that team!

Also, wasn't McGrady talking about retiring and then going and playing in the MLB?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
What an effort by the Rockets in this series. The talent is not like the Blazers roster but they have the passion and the grit to get it done.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4684392/teravainen-johns-on-rookie-tourney-roster?ex_cid=espnapi_public</p>

</p>

Chicago Blackhawks prospects Teuvo Teravainen and Stephen Johns shouldn’t have to worry about knocking any rust off their games when training camp opens on Sept. 19.

Teravainen and Johns, who are both expected to compete for NHL roster spots in training camp, were among the 23 players named to the Blackhawks’ 2014 Rookie Tournament roster on Thursday. The team will play three games in London, Ontario from Sept. 13-16.

The roster also includes Blackhawks forward prospects Mark McNeill, Alex Broadhurst, Matt Carey, Phillip Danault, Dennis Rasmussen, Ryan Hartman, Garret Ross, defenseman prospects Dillon Fournier, Viktor Svedberg and Trevor van Riemsdyk and goaltender prospect Mac Carruth. Former Blackhawks defenseman prospects Justin Holl and Kiril Gotovets, who are now signed to AHL contracts with the Rockford IceHogs, were also named to the roster.

Free agents Chadd Bauman, Cody Caron, Cory Thorson, Ryan Van Stralen, Brett Welychka, Jamie Wise, Paul Swindlehurst and Ken Appleby complete the Blackhawks rookie roster.

The Blackhawks rookie team will play the rookie teams of the Toronto Maple Leafs on Sept. 13, the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sept. 14 and the Ottawa Senators on Sept. 15. The team will be coached by IceHogs head coach Ted Dent and associate coach Mark Osiecki</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is Teravainen wasting his time at a rookie tournament?</p>

</p>

When was the last time a Hart trophy candidate participated in a remedial rookie tournament?</p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimdust" data-cid="235589" data-time="1409408993">
<div>

Why is Teravainen wasting his time at a rookie tournament?</p>

</p>

When was the last time a Hart trophy candidate participated in a remedial rookie tournament?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

pffft Ribiero has the Hart all but locked up this year</p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
Terravainen has made some nice passes at this tournament but he's been awful defensively. He's got a lot of work to do.</p>