League Wide Playoffs Thread (Philly beats Orlando)

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for the entire rest of the league in the playoffs, as I'm sure a lot are going to be watching a lot of the other teams.

Right now, Philly leads Orlando 20-17.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Re:playoffs (League Wide) Thread

The Magic were winning 79 to 61, but the 76ers have cut it to a 3 point game with a lot of time left in the quarter.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

Tied at 91, 3 1/2 minutes to go.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

Philly just knocked off Orlando in game 1 on an Andre Iguodala game winning shot. Donyell Marshall was huge, with 11 points in the fourth quarter.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Wow this is really weird but everyone but the one seeds have been upsets so far. I don't think that has happened before. But Orlando isn't going to have much success in the playoffs. They just don't have anyone who can take over at the end of the game and have one of the most albatross contracts in the league and an owner who won't pay the LT. Orlando will remain mediocre for years, they just have no one who can create off the dribble. The closest they have is Hedo getting a jumper or a nelson/howard pick and roll.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
Re:League Wide Playoffs Thread (Philly beats Orlan

If the Magic lose in the first round, Stan Van Gundy will most definitely be fired.

If the Magic lose in the second round, Stan Van Gundy will likely be fired.

I think Stan is a little like Skiles, he'll get the team to play hard but after awhile he just get to his players. And more so than this year, he has been whining and complaining so much to the media, if I was the owner I'd tell him to shut the f*ck up and just coach the team. He needs to shut his mouth up and stop being provoked to respond by people that are critical of him.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

Shaq will look like a genius again when Stan gets knocked out of the playoffs.

As for Philly they are a weird team similar to us. They can look amazing yet at times look like they dont belong anywhere in the playoffs.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

Atlanta handing it to Miami right now.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

I was shocked by the Philly / Orlando game because I watched it for awhile, but I had to leave when Orlando was down by 11.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Spoelstra needs to be fired. He's such a horrible team. He has no offensive system whatsoever in place. It's just here Wade, create something for yourself 1 on 1. Same with Beasley.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Spoelstra needs to be fired. He's such a horrible team. He has no offensive system whatsoever in place. It's just here Wade, create something for yourself 1 on 1. Same with Beasley.

I think Spoelstra has done a decent job giving the fact that he has just Wade and a bunch of castoffs. As for Beasley going one on one is all he knows (he makes Zach Randolph proud.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Orlando looks like their in some trouble. They don't do good job rotation on defense on perimeter as Marshall and Ivey got them back in with the 3s. I knows it a little early since we only won one game, but how funny would it be if Vinny leads us to ECF?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Orlando looks like their in some trouble. They don't do good job rotation on defense on perimeter as Marshall and Ivey got them back in with the 3s. I knows it a little early since we only won one game, but how funny would it be if Vinny leads us to ECF?

lol he will demand an extension added on to his deal.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:

We do have Del Harris, who took a 40-42 Rockets team to the Finals on our coaching staff! Maybe he'll rub off on Vinny.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

We do have Del Harris, who took a 40-42 Rockets team to the Finals on our coaching staff! Maybe he'll rub off on Vinny.

what year was that?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I'd be shocked if Orlando lost in the 1st round.

It'd be simply unbelievable if Orlando and Boston lost in round one and left us with a Philly/Chicago round two matchup, but I'm not expecting that.

miltpalacio

Liked Posts:
There were a bunch of shots that fell for the Sixers that I never anticipated for them to hit. DiLeo dusted of Donyell and put him to work after he played a whole seventeen minutes during the regular season. And he put the Magic away like the Golden Sampler appetizer at Applebee's. Him and Theo Ratliff craweled up from the mass grave of washed-up journeymen to bury foolish, disorganized youth. Where there's a Rafer Alston helming your offense, there's a way.

Even Royal Ivey, whose worse at shooting than Chris Duhon, hit a three in a playoff game. This display of the old bulls walking down a hill while the young ones ran illustrates for us the cosmic irony that boggles us. We pretend to know whats going on in the NBA landscape as we obsess over it. Our jaws drop as we see Behemoth Hercules Superman power over lesser mortals only to get slain be ineffectual teammates, a flabby man with a hot trigger, and Iggy's blindfolded Houdini escape.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I'd be shocked if Orlando lost in the 1st round.

It'd be simply unbelievable if Orlando and Boston lost in round one and left us with a Philly/Chicago round two matchup, but I'm not expecting that.
Oh man that would be great. 1 in a million but great.