Seeing Beyond the Victory

cool007

Liked Posts:
Agree on all those points. I don't mind Tyrus taking jumpers - if he is shooting WITHOUT hesitating. When he hesitates, he 90% of the time he misses those but if he takes them in rhythm, he is a not a bad jump shooter. Thus he made those open/contested jumpers coz they were in really nice rhythm/confidense shots.

Regarding Rose, I was really confident as he has always stepped up in the tournament and I did say in that other thread that Rose has been upping his play and has been stepping up and did say that the players that have greatest potential know the biggest stage and they raise their level (see Lebron/Kobe/Wade etc) and I did feel that Rose will do it as well. This is why I had that thread about Rose becoming from Good to GREAT and some lagued it off saying small sample of April but didn't look at the whole picture.

Now, who is laughing?? :lol:

Regarding Vinny, I hate it as well. Why not save atleast couple of timeouts when the game has been really close and this game had close final seconds type written all over it yet Vinny (and those assistants didn't help him?) didn't figure it out??? Thank god we were saved otherwise it would have been nothing but "Moral Win".

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
** This thread discusses the content article: Seeing Beyond the Victory **

Who wrote that piece of crap article? ;)

It's a bold move putting numbers on Derrick's free throw attempts next season. But I agree with you. 7-8 attempts sounds about right. This year he probably deserved anywhere from 5-7 a game anyway.

Over this month of april, I'm also beginning to think he might become more of a scorer than I wanted. But if he becomes a high scorer with high efficiency, I won't complain. I will say this, though; Yesterday, he made some nice passes where he really made me believe he could be one of the best passing point guards in the game. How did he find Noah on that second oop? He had a white jersey in his eye-sight, and he still timed that pass perfectly.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Morten Jensen wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
** This thread discusses the content article: Seeing Beyond the Victory **

Who wrote that piece of crap article? ;)

It's a bold move putting numbers on Derrick's free throw attempts next season. But I agree with you. 7-8 attempts sounds about right. This year he probably deserved anywhere from 5-7 a game anyway.

Over this month of april, I'm also beginning to think he might become more of a scorer than I wanted. But if he becomes a high scorer with high efficiency, I won't complain. I will say this, though; Yesterday, he made some nice passes where he really made me believe he could be one of the best passing point guards in the game. How did he find Noah on that second oop? He had a white jersey in his eye-sight, and he still timed that pass perfectly.
Most elite point guards are scorers too today. Look at Paul, Williams, Parker, Billups and Harris. They all pass but have to score. When your best or second best player is a pg he has to also be able to carry the team offensively.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with that one bit. However, the Bulls have more offensive tools to work with than Paul and Harris. The PG's with good scoring teammates, like Billups and Williams, are more inclined to stay in the high teens, as opposed to the 20's. Tony Parker might be the exception, as he has Duncan to work with.

I'm mentioning this, because I'd hate to rely on my PG for a bunch of points every night. I wouldn't want him to feel obligated to score 20-25 every night. I'd want him to first and foremost get other players involved and take open shots. So far, so good. That's why I don't want to mess with his head. When players begin forcing shots, their game goes into the crapper almost immediately.

I don't think this will be a problem with Rose, but I'd still prefer for him to only take on big scoring roles when it's needed. Like in game 1.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree either, we just really need that big. I think Rose, BG, Deng or Salmons and Bosh is all the scoring anyone can ask for. Plus a pick and roll with an actual scoring threat would make everyone so much more efficient.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
Don't make me drool. Rose, Gordon, Salmons, Bosh, Noah as a starting unit? You'd be averaging close to 110 a game and likely on high efficiency. You'd need defense, but my Jordan... That's a talented offensive group.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Only time I want him taking shots is when it's close to the free-throw line (10ft and closer).

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I can't say it with any certainty but I can see it happening if Bosh turns down an extension. We have all the assests to offer a team like Toronto.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Rose come back to Englewood and help the lil folkz out!

collisrost

Liked Posts:
I like the way Tyrus was allowed to develop that jumper over the season. Yes, it won us this game. But now he really should work on driving by guys because they'll have to guard him on the J. Next year I don't want to see him winning the game on jumpers, I want to see a better mix of jumpshots and drives by his guy. If he can do this he'll turn into a real scoring threagt.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I think Tyrus knows that hes not strong enough to drive and finsh when he gets hit with contact. Hopefully he follows up on Paxson demand to go in weight room during the summer. I don't really see the need for Bosh/Amare as long as we keep Gordon. We do need to add some better defensive players though like trading Tim Thomas for Turiaf