Wich Former Bull RPer u wish u had now?

Emmanuel

Liked Posts:
Ok so. for shits and giggles.... which former Bulls role player as in no mj or pippen would you like to have on the team right now? Doesn't matter if the player is retired or still in the league.

personally i wouldn't mind toni kukoc right now at sf for the playoffs lol.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I think Toni was the 3rd best Bull on those title teams, and he could have been a #2 option on a really good team at the time, so it's tough to consider him a role player for me. If he counts, then I can't see anyone better to take.

Interestingly, I'm wondering, is there a better player than Kukoc to ever play as long as him and not make an all-star game?

Medianotzu

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I think Toni was the 3rd best Bull on those title teams, and he could have been a #2 option on a really good team at the time, so it's tough to consider him a role player for me. If he counts, then I can't see anyone better to take.

Interestingly, I'm wondering, is there a better player than Kukoc to ever play as long as him and not make an all-star game?

I was always a fan of the young Clarence Weatherspoon's game, and I don't think he ever made an all-star team, though I think Kukoc was probably better over his career.

Who else . . .did Joe Smith ever make an all-star team? Glenn Robinson? I'm in 1st pick mode for some reason.

Wade Wilson

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

Off the top of my head, I'd say Rod Strickland.

I think Bulls fan probably overrate Toni a bit though. He had no position defensively, was an weak rebounder especially considering his height, and I thought he was a bit streaky too.

In regards to the question though, I think Horace Grant, Charles Oakley, or an in his prime Antonio Davis or PJ Brown would add a lot to the team.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Wade Wilson wrote:
I think Bulls fan probably overrate Toni a bit though. He had no position defensively, was an weak rebounder especially considering his height, and I thought he was a bit streaky too.

That could be true. It's easy to overrate guys in the dynasty era.

I thought he played really well with Pippen though in 1993/94 and 1994/95. I think if they could have kept Grant, Pippen, Armstrong, Kukoc together that they would have had a chance at a title run even without Jordan.

rodman

Liked Posts:
I guess I would love to have Ron Artest to really mess up with Pierce and Allen. He would be able to shut whoever is the hottest down and hit some shots as well.

Emmanuel

Liked Posts:
ya i might have broken my rule own rule on kukoc. Maybe too good to be considered a role player.

how about luc longley. my dreams could come tru with aaron gray and luc longley out on the court at the same time. UNSTOPPABLE lol

as for someone never making all star team. marcus camby kind of surprising. esp when i think brad miller was an all star i think?

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I agree that Kukoc was more than a role player. So are Rodman and Grant.

When I think of the role players from the title teams I think of Wennington, Kerr, Scott Williams, Stacey King, etc.

The Bulls could have made another title run without MJ if Grant stayed, but he went to Orlando. And to make things worse, Scott Williams was way overpaid by Philadelphia. So the Bulls lost their two best PFs going into 94-95. And the great Larry Krystowiak (spelling?) was out starting PF that year, at least to start the year.

Toni Kukoc was good, I don't think he was an all-star though, he was solid. And clearly capable of carrying the team offensively on some night. And, like Ben Gordon, had the ability to take, and make, a clutch shot.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Toni Kukoc for sure. I just loved how he can go inside and out and just give us a huge lift off the bench. I was always enamored with the way he played after the dynasty broke up.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Man thinking of those early dynasty teams we had some terrific 3 pt shooters, much better than our last three titles years.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I'd probably go with Rodman but Toni is really a close second. Rodman is a lock down man defender and the best rebounder ever. I think he would fix a lot of our rebounding issues and is smart enough to lead the league in charges taken. I just think he like a prime ben wallace could take almost anyone out of their game and change the game with hustle. Toni is interesting because he was really ahead of his time. His defense wouldn't be so bad now because the game is much softer right now and we are more tolerant of weak rebounding perimeter based pfs. I think he would be very comparable to dirk. He had excellent handles and would get to the line much more with today's rules and standards.