"Useless" Bollig Working on Not Being Useless

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/blackhawks-bollig-evolving-beyond-just-one-dimensional-fighter

2 years ago, Bollig played 18 games had 0 points at 6 minutes a game

Last year, Bollig played 25 games had 0 points and 8 minutes a game.

This year, Bollig has played 39 games has 8 points and plays 10 minutes a game. (And is a +3)

Bollig working on his offense and defense instead of being just a bully on the ice, especially with fights in general being questioned by some. I know I certainly would like to see more of him rather than just fights.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1ke

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has a decent shot, but hot damn is it inaccurate.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/blackhawks-bollig-evolving-beyond-just-one-dimensional-fighter

2 years ago, Bollig played 18 games had 0 points at 6 minutes a game

Last year, Bollig played 25 games had 0 points and 8 minutes a game.

This year, Bollig has played 39 games has 8 points and plays 10 minutes a game. (And is a +3)

Bollig working on his offense and defense instead of being just a bully on the ice, especially with fights in general being questioned by some. I know I certainly would like to see more of him rather than just fights.
Bollig was always decent defensively. He wouldn't be on this team if all he did was provide a punching bag for other goons. He gets minutes now because the Hawks have three scoring lines and the fourth line is basically the checking line instead of the breather line like on most teams. Q loves guys like Bollig because he has a limited skill set and Q knows how to maximize his value instead of asking more talented players to play a reduced role, like with Ladd, Frolik, etc. He is what he is and does his job as good if not better then any other goon in the league without having to drop the gloves- he can actually take a shift and not look lost.

CHAMPS!!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He's brought better boardz battlez to the game as well... I feel like that hasn't been said in too long. I miss Brunette.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bollig was always decent defensively. He wouldn't be on this team if all he did was provide a punching bag for other goons. He gets minutes now because the Hawks have three scoring lines and the fourth line is basically the checking line instead of the breather line like on most teams. Q loves guys like Bollig because he has a limited skill set and Q knows how to maximize his value instead of asking more talented players to play a reduced role, like with Ladd, Frolik, etc. He is what he is and does his job as good if not better then any other goon in the league without having to drop the gloves- he can actually take a shift and not look lost.

CHAMPS!!!

I just worry what'll happen if that philosophy remains in the postseason. Got a lot of respect for Bollig for how much work he's put into becoming an NHL player instead of just another goon. But when the Hawks go up against the Western Conference's elite, will he really be able to keep up? I have my doubts.

I think Q does, too. From what I saw on Monday night, it was Toews' line that was primarily used against the Devils' top line which featured Jagr.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I just worry what'll happen if that philosophy remains in the postseason. Got a lot of respect for Bollig for how much work he's put into becoming an NHL player instead of just another goon. But when the Hawks go up against the Western Conference's elite, will he really be able to keep up? I have my doubts.

I think Q does, too. From what I saw on Monday night, it was Toews' line that was primarily used against the Devils' top line which featured Jagr.

He was forced to do that before Bolland got back last playoffs and he'll be forced to do that again until they find a shutdown line unit. Ideally it could be Shaws unit but it may be continue 4 lines all times with Bolig vs top sometimes.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk