Beasley, Rose Keep Tabs On Each Other

cool007

Liked Posts:
Beasley, Rose Keep Tabs On Each Other

Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley, the top two picks from last June's NBA Draft, like to keep tabs on one another.

"Me and D. Rose, we're always competing," Beasley said Sunday. "He does this, and I have to do that. I do this, and he does that. We go back and forth. I knew he was going to have a good game [Saturday]. I didn't think it would be that good."

Rose scored 36 points, matching a rookie record, in Chicago's upset win over Boston on Saturday afternoon.

When asked what he would do to outshine Rose, Beasley said: "[Score] 38-plus. I know it's funny-sounding. But if I don't do what he did, I'm going to hear about it."

Beasley had 10 points and 10 rebounds on 5-for-15 shooting in Miami's loss to Atlanta on Sunday night.

Haahaa haaa :laugh: Did they just start this???

If I had to guess, I think beasley started this after the game (right before the all-star break) where Beasley was like 10-10 and probably went off on Rose.

Coz, since then Rose has been just AWESOME - not only against Heat but for Bulls overall.

Then Beasley with a not so good game against Hawks but he did have 10 boards.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Someone needs to inform Beasley that a hammer doesn't have a rivalry with the nail.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
They said they had a rivalry leading into the draft. I think it's similar to the Lebron-Wade-Bosh-Melo thing, as two guys from their draft class sticking together. Leading up to the draft, Beasley said he talked to Rose a bunch, because they were going through similar things.

I thought Beasley played well yesterday rebounding and defensively. His shot just wasn't falling, despite getting some good looks.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
They probably did form a bond going #1 and #2.

However, right now, Beasley doesn't look even remotely like the 2nd best rookie in the class. To use your example, it's more like Beasley is Kirk Hinrich, Chris Kaman, or Josh Howard rather than LeBron, Bosh, or Wade.

He looks like he'll be a good player, but there are a lot of guys who look better out of the draft so far IMO.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
how tall is he? i've heard announcers suggest that he's 6'7. If he really is that small, shouldn't someone encourage him to gain some athleticism, so he can move into the small forward spot?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
They probably did form a bond going #1 and #2.

However, right now, Beasley doesn't look even remotely like the 2nd best rookie in the class. To use your example, it's more like Beasley is Kirk Hinrich, Chris Kaman, or Josh Howard rather than LeBron, Bosh, or Wade.

He looks like he'll be a good player, but there are a lot of guys who look better out of the draft so far IMO.

I think Beasley has shown that he is clearly the 2nd best player in this draft talent wise. He averaged 24 pts and 12 rebs a game in the four games he started after the Allstar break.

Beasley just doesn't seem all that comfortable coming off the bench, and that idiot Spoelstra put him back on the bench after he was a monster as a starter at the end of the year. Because of it, the Heat will lose in the first round, despite having two great talents in Wade/Beasley.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
If Paxson drafted Beasley at #1 I am pretty sure he would be unemployed right now.
Lopez>Beasley.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
If Paxson drafted Beasley at #1 I am pretty sure he would be unemployed right now.
Lopez>Beasley.

I think Beasley would stand a good chance of winning ROY if the Bulls drafted him, while Derrick Rose would be getting the Chris Duhon treatment on the Heat, coming off the bench behind some mediocre player.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Lopez>Beasley.

I think Beasley would stand a good chance of winning ROY if the Bulls drafted him, while Derrick Rose would be getting the Chris Duhon treatment on the Heat, coming off the bench behind some mediocre player.

No offense but that is insane. Beasley is just not a good NBA player yet so Erik had to bring him along slower. Beasley right now is to perimeter oriented, he doesnt rebound well, he is a poor defender, and he is quickly showing that he will eventually will have to be devloped into a 3. He is a poor mans Josh Smith. If Bulls had taken Beasley we would have won no more than 25 games, i never saw the fascination with this kid.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
how tall is he? i've heard announcers suggest that he's 6'7. If he really is that small, shouldn't someone encourage him to gain some athleticism, so he can move into the small forward spot?

He is 6'8" in height. But he has really long arms, and he has great strength for a power forward.

I think longterm, he will be a Dirk Nowitkzi style power forward. Only Beasley should be better because of his strength advantage over Dirk, his superior dribbling, and his ability to finish with such ease with the left hand.

cool007

Liked Posts:
To me Beasley is just more athletic Younger Antawne Jamison. Who can really score, shoot really well but more of a jump shooting big man that is not going to take their teams to anywhere.

Very good players and they will rebound and get stats but not a big time impact player or taking their team anywhere.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

He is 6'8" in height. But he has really long arms, and he has great strength for a power forward.

I think longterm, he will be a Dirk Nowitkzi style power forward. Only Beasley should be better because of his strength advantage over Dirk, his superior dribbling, and his ability to finish with such ease with the left hand.
Doubtful, Dirk can post up and shoot over anyone. MB will never have that ability, he is just so much smaller. He also really doesn't have the strength advantage that he did in college. He doesn't create for others and his defense is very bad.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I think Beasley has shown that he is clearly the 2nd best player in this draft talent wise. He averaged 24 pts and 12 rebs a game in the four games he started after the Allstar break.

Beasley just doesn't seem all that comfortable coming off the bench, and that idiot Spoelstra put him back on the bench after he was a monster as a starter at the end of the year. Because of it, the Heat will lose in the first round, despite having two great talents in Wade/Beasley.

That's crazy.

You think a 4 game stretch where he started is enough to say he's the second best player? I think it's a stretch to even put him in the running for #2 let alone to say he's proven it.

You could build a case that he's been as good as Lopez, Mayo, Westbrook, or Love, but I don't see how you can take a 4 game stretch and say it's a conclusive argument.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Agree with Doug there. He did have those 4 good games but then again, Anthony Randolph had some crazy games as well, so is he 2nd or 3rd best??? NO.

Let Beasley play great as a starter for 1 FULL Month and then teams will start gearing up for him and have a good scouting report (right now there is only 1 from the heat and it's for Wade). Once teams gear it up and concetrates, Beasley's efficiency and everything will go down. Not saying that he can't adjust but until he proves it and does it consistently, I can't put him #2 either.

Lopez/Mayo/Westbrook have done it CONSISTENTLY for most the of the year so you can give them more credit.

On the side note, Why doesn't Eric Spo. Start Beasley??? He started to finish the season this month and was really solid. Why did they put him back on the bench??? Heat CAN NOT win with just Wade out there in the playoffs. They need another 20ppg kind of threat out there and without Marion, they are really NOT THAT GOOD.

I would not be surprised if Hawks beat them in 5.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
On the side note, Why doesn't Eric Spo. Start Beasley??? He started to finish the season this month and was really solid. Why did they put him back on the bench??? Heat CAN NOT win with just Wade out there in the playoffs. They need another 20ppg kind of threat out there and without Marion, they are really NOT THAT GOOD.

I don't like to say things like this without seeing a good enough sample size of games, but he's like a Zach Randolph type from maybe the 8 or so times I've seen him play in the NBA. Black hole, poor defense, shoots a ton, only average efficiency.

That's not to say he won't improve though, the main thing is he shoots too much for his efficiency to support, but you can say the same thing about many rookies, including Derrick Rose for much of the year.

We'll see how he improves as he plays more. I think he's going to have Ben Gordon like limitations on his defense (physical ability will stop him from ever being more than average).

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Beasley a better version than Dirk?
:dry: :huh:

Beasley a better version than Zach Randolph? now maybe thats possible.