OT: Mike Brown Named Coach Of The Year

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
1:30 press conference scheduled.

:dry:

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
He was my pick as well. It's nice for the NBA to actually give the award to the coach with the top record in the league, instead of a mediocre coach of a mediocre team.

Gregg Popovich and Phil Jackson should have many more COY's then they have received.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Mike Brown is not a good coach, he is just lucky enough to coach a star player. Unlike other coaches who coach star players he might be one of the worst.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Mike Brown is not a good coach, he is just lucky enough to coach a star player. Unlike other coaches who coach star players he might be one of the worst.

The Cavs won 66 games, despite being a one star team. That's amazing, and that takes good coaching.

There are two lines of coaching that have been successful in the league.

You have Phil Jackson...he's his own entity. 11 Finals Appearances, 9 NBA Championships. We have yet to see his disciples, Brian Shaw, Kurt Rambis, Scottie Pippen, Ron Harper get a crack at coaching in the NBA yet.

Then you have the line that started with Larry Brown. That is, Larry Brown, Gregg Popovich, Avery Johnson, Mike Brown, P.J. Carelismo. PJ was crap, but the rest were great. Between them, 9 Finals Appearances, 5 NBA Championships.

That line stresses defenses, and seem to get enough out of their offenses, and have done a good job doing that.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Yeah, the worst. While I think Lebron deserves most of the credit, Brown is still the coach. You can't take away that his team has the best chemistry, one of the top defenses and can play any style of basketball successfully. Mike Brown might not deserve a coy of the year but who else has done more this year and I definitely wouldn't say he is the worst. Anytime you win 66 wins, you are doing something right.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Given that the next best player on that team is Mo Williams, I can't argue about Brown not being a good coach.

Jordan's teams won 66 or more games only three times in his career, and he had a much better cast. I think there are only 5-6 teams that have ever won that amount.