VDN blows timeouts; Bulls lose

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Celts have no bench and their starters just killed us.

RPK

Liked Posts:
Re:Vinny...

Newskoolbulls wrote:
sdeezy wrote:
21 offensive boards..thats all you need to say

This is squarely on our frontcourt

Thank Mr. Thomas for a good 12 of those.

Bulls were absolutely destroyed on the boards today.

50 to 36!?

Tyrus with an meager 4 total rebounds.

Awfully tough to win when you get killed on the boards like that.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
Yes, I too saw the TO thing coming, with 61 seconds left. There's no excuse for this to keep happening, but I will argue against anyone who says that "this one's on VDN" or pins the loss on the TO issue. This game was lost with 21 offensive rebounds by the Celtics, a great many of them turning into 2nd chance points. If the Bulls rebound better, they win running away.

Gene

Liked Posts:

Offensive rebounding killed us. Shore up the rebounding and we're good to go. We can go back to Chicago now with home court advantage.

Oh no the defending NBA champs won one on their home court, they did what they were supposed to do in game one. The sky isn't falling.

I've never seen a game so close with as many second and third chances the Celtics had. I still think we take this in 6.

dynastyVI

Liked Posts:
Well, the good thing about this loss is that VDN has a short leash. This team needs better direction, and VDN's piss poor clock management does us in again. Noah and Derrick weren't nearly as good either. I felt that we needed to get greedy after Saturday, and Ben nearly bailed us out. Ugh.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Its just amazing how bad we got pounded on the boards tonight. We still have the same issues we have had all year. We are up 109-104 with about 3 mins left, and we go ice cold, meanwhile, boston scores on every possession the rest of the way in.

Glad we split, but had we won this, we might have had a chance to win this series.

I see us splitting at home, then losing games 5 and 6.

Damn...we had this one. Apparently Vinny never figured out the timeout thing from game 1 either. stupid f***.

AirP

Liked Posts:

Newskoolbulls wrote:
sdeezy wrote:
21 offensive boards..thats all you need to say

This is squarely on our frontcourt

Thank Mr. Thomas for a good 12 of those.

Yes, blame Tyrus for this, he was on the court 20 minutes compared to around 75 minutes by the other 2 bigs. Good call. Boston got a bunch of long rebounds and were able to push our guys under the basket. Welcome to the playoffs.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
We just gave Ray Allen major confidence going into Chicago, not to mention Big Baby.

Hey doug i sent you a email.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

yea watch the first half and you can tell why Tyrus only played twenty minutes. He was good defensively but there is more to this game.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
PJ Brown wrote:
Yes, I too saw the TO thing coming, with 61 seconds left. There's no excuse for this to keep happening, but I will argue against anyone who says that "this one's on VDN" or pins the loss on the TO issue. This game was lost with 21 offensive rebounds by the Celtics, a great many of them turning into 2nd chance points. If the Bulls rebound better, they win running away.

While it's true that the reason Boston was even in the game was our lack of an effort on the boards but even with that we would have at least have a chance if VDN had any sense for use of timeouts.

With that being said this game was definitely lost on the glass and on our refusal to make any improvement on how we guarded Allen when he was coming off the screen. They burned us with that far too much in the 2nd half.

hfritz32

Liked Posts:
This game was lost by the frontcourt, Are frontcourt are some of the best shot blockers in the league but allowed so many second chance points, it killed me to watch the first ten min and the celtics to get 2 offensive rebounds off 2 straight trips to the ft line. And way to give Glenn Davis that 15 ft jumper wide open about 18 times during the game. You think he we would of learned after the first 5 makes he is capable of making that
If the bulls won this game i would of gave them a 85% chance to win series and amazing how are odds are probably not even half that now. People assume that we will win out at home, and although we should I could just as easily see the celtics winning 1 if not both of the next two games

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Dennis Rodman must be sick to his stomach if he was watching and not because he is drunk.

Wade Wilson

Liked Posts:

Vinny's poor timeout management hurt, but 2nd chance points is what killed us. We cut those down by one third, and we win fairly comfortably.

Tyrus played a terrible game outside of the blocks. He needs to get after it on the rebounds and learn to control the ball on those blocks.

Salmons gets respect for playing hard with the groin but we need more than two boards from him in 39+ minutes.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
we should have put Roberson in to send a shot to Rays face in that third. We could have lived with him being suspended.

hfritz32

Liked Posts:
Not a reason we lost but I was dissappointed in Rose today, not that he played bad but he wasnt aggressive offensivly in the 2nd half. His defensive blocks were great, but he needed to drive to the hoop more during the 2nd half. There was a reason Rondo barely scored the 2nd half, and that was because of his injury. It was obvious he was a lot less mobile and couldnt get to the rack. Rose should of recognized this and exploited his lack of mobility.

AirP

Liked Posts:

Newskoolbulls wrote:
yea watch the first half and you can tell why Tyrus only played twenty minutes. He was good defensively but there is more to this game.

You're right, there is more to the game. I'm not sure why 17 rebounds in 75 minutes is that much of an upgrade over Tyrus' pace of 16 in 80, especially when you toss in the 6 blocks in 20 minutes. He made mistakes but all our bigs did.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
hfritz32 wrote:
Not a reason we lost but I was dissappointed in Rose today, not that he played bad but he wasnt aggressive offensivly in the 2nd half. His defensive blocks were great, but he needed to drive to the hoop more during the 2nd half. There was a reason Rondo barely scored the 2nd half, and that was because of his injury. It was obvious he was a lot less mobile and couldnt get to the rack. Rose should of recognized this and exploited his lack of mobility.

He did rely on the J which wasnt falling.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

AirP wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

You're right, there is more to the game. I'm not sure why 17 rebounds in 75 minutes is that much of an upgrade over Tyrus' pace of 16 in 80, especially when you toss in the 6 blocks in 20 minutes. He made mistakes but all our bigs did.

Yes they did. All three of them killed us. Brad with his turnovers, Noah with his weak dunk attempt. All three will be ready for game 3.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

are the over/unders updated?