Can Pax get us a Big three?

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
I would like to say last night proved more than ever that if we can figure out a way to bring in Amare or Bosh via trade and still keep Gordon we have the makings of a championship contender. I would like to hear ideas on how to create a scenario where we have those 3 and stay under the projected $68 million luxury tax limit for next season.

Rose
Gordon
Amare or Bosh
Noah
Salmons or Deng

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
I really hope Pax does all that he can to sign BG...especially after what he has done so far this season and in the playoffs (game2). We need a sharpshooter from long range, and if we can pair rose, gordon and bosh/amare, we will be in business for a long time.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
A healthy John Salmons could realistically make it a big three if we re-sign Gordon.

But yes, a Bosh trade would do wonders. I'm on the train of doing everything in our power to end up with;

C Joakim Noah
F Chris Bosh
F John Salmons
G Ben Gordon
G Derrick Rose

If this can be done, then luxury be damned and JR better recognize it. That's an offensive line-up that could challenge the very peak of the Phoenix Suns from a few years ago. I'd want some defensive minded role playes coming in off the bench, though. But such a line-up would be incredible.

Given our contracts, two draft picks and the improved play of Tyrus, I don't think Bosh is unattainable.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
A backcourt big 3 is like Kidd, Jefferson, and Carter. That didn't work all that well for them, and wouldn't work all that well for us either.

Salmons is also only borderline as the 3rd guy in a bit 3. Gordon is borderline as a 2nd guy in a big 3. Rose still hasn't proven that he'll be a #1 guy in a big 3 though I expect he will in a couple years.

I think a Rose, Bosh, Gordon as #1, #2, and #3 type core would be ideal, of course that doesn't mean we could get Bosh. Obviously if we can, then we will.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
A backcourt big 3 is like Kidd, Jefferson, and Carter. That didn't work all that well for them, and wouldn't work all that well for us either.

Salmons is also only borderline as the 3rd guy in a bit 3. Gordon is borderline as a 2nd guy in a big 3. Rose still hasn't proven that he'll be a #1 guy in a big 3 though I expect he will in a couple years.

I think a Rose, Bosh, Gordon as #1, #2, and #3 type core would be ideal, of course that doesn't mean we could get Bosh. Obviously if we can, then we will.

I think the big 3 on the wings is great if you go with the 7SOL offensive scheme. But if you can get a great PG, a deadly scorer (and shooter from long range), and a post player who can put up 20/10 and command a double team, you have a team that can go deep in the playoffs.

That's 3 guys who can command a double team (rose, bg and bosh/amare). The offense will open up so much with that type of talent spread around all 5 positions. That allows you to sign a defensive minded 3 and a defensive oriented center to compliment what you already have.

Rose
Gordon
Salmons
Amare/Bosh
Noah

That is a potent starting 5. You sprinkle in a 2 or 3 bench contributors, and you have a team that can challenge bron bron year in and year out in the East. It's not a great defensive team, but its not terrible either.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:
I really hope Pax does all that he can to sign BG...especially after what he has done so far this season and in the playoffs (game2). We need a sharpshooter from long range, and if we can pair rose, gordon and bosh/amare, we will be in business for a long time.

I agree, people just don't know how POTENT Bulls can be with that scenario. I think Gordon is the best open knock down shooter - arguably better than Ray Allen. You can't leave Gordon open when he lines up, because 9 times out of 10 he'll make it. I can't see no double teams if we have Bosh, Rose and Gordon on the floor.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I think we should be more realistic and try to sign someone like Boozer this off-season - it won't happen but you know. It's plenty options between now and 2010 off-season, other than Stat and CB. Everyone is focus on them, we need to make a post threat through this draft.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
If my numbers are right this gets us real close to pulling off a big three of Rose, Gordon and Bosh and still being under luxury tax.

Trade Deng, Tyrus, #16, #26, James for Bosh, Kapano

Trade Hinrich for Blake and Outlaw(cut Blake)

Resign Gordon to a 5 year/$40 million dollar contract

Rose,Vet PG, Roberson
Gordon, Kapano
Salmons, Outlaw, L. Johnson
Bosh, Tim Thomas
Noah,Miller, Gray

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I can't think of a realistic scenario to keep BG outside of JR paying the tax. The only scenario that could keep BG with the Bulls has to be, if the Bulls could trade Salmons away and take back nothing more than a cheap second round pick. That's the only way I see Gordon being a part of any big three with the Bulls, and it's highly unlikely.

If the Bulls want Bosh the Raptors would most likely have to take Deng in return. I don't see that happening for one minute.

I do think there is a small chance the Bulls could throw a bunch of assets to the Suns to grab Amare. They would probably ask for Hinrich, Thomas, Noah and a pick in next year's loaded draft. It would be alot to hand the Suns for Amare, but the Bulls would have to make the deal. The Bulls would end up looking pretty good going forward.

Rose / Price / Roberson
Gordon / Christmas or Taylor
Deng / Novak <<<cheap FA
Amare / Thomas
Miller / Mullens / Gray

Highly unlikely, but the Bulls would have their big three.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Another idea to bring back Gordon to go with Rose and this time Amare. Do this and we stay under the luxury tax.

Trade Tyrus, #16, Tim Thomas, Jerome James for Amare and Alando Tucker

Resign Gordon to a 5 yr/$40 million dollar contract

Trade Kirk Hinrich to Minny for Craig Smith and a 2010 1st rd pick

Draft Nick Calathes

Rose,Calathes,Nelson
Gordon,Salmons
Deng,Tucker,Novak(FA)
Amare, Smith
Noah,Miller,Gray

rtblues

Liked Posts:
Forget Bosch, guy is soooo over-rated!
It's why he's watching the Bulls and playoffs
on television.

Look, Raps have talent, and he's their best player/leader,
by most accounts, and look at the year they had. He couldn't
LEAD a boy scout troop out of the woods. NOT A TEAM LEADER,
and certainly not worth blowing the 2010 cash on. His ego and
selfishness would destroy what they have.

And you know what? Ditto the other guy watching it all on TV,
Amare. Another guy who SOMEBODY is going to GROSSLY overpay.
Add all of his injuries to the mix, and you can keep him too.

Sorry, we need some help, but I don't think that either of these
two guys is a Bulls type player, or really TEAM players.
Look elsewhere. There will be bargains abound in the "new economy".

But really, the ONE GUY that I think the Bulls really should do
anything possible to sign is, BEN GORDON. Duh!