Powe to have surgery, out for playoffs

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
We need to attack their big men hard and get them in foul trouble. That should be a lot easier at home. We also need to have our guys work hard to fight them on the glass, as Noah and Tyrus can play above the rim while none of there guys are really above the rim players.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
I hate to be mean but this should help us and Doug I'm finally agreeing with you on something here this week, lol.....

We need to get Davis and Perkins in major foul trouble because the more Moore plays the better for us

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
If they get into foul trouble, that will force Pierce to play some PF, or if gets read bad, Bill Walker will have to play.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Ralphb07 wrote:
I hate to be mean but this should help us and Doug I'm finally agreeing with you on something here this week, lol.....

We need to get Davis and Perkins in major foul trouble because the more Moore plays the better for us

The law of averages had to catch up eventually!

Besides which, I doubt we disagree all that much it's just that in an argument people tend to state and back up their beliefs in ways that make them feel more extreme than they are.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:

The law of averages had to catch up eventually!

Besides which, I doubt we disagree all that much it's just that in an argument people tend to state and back up their beliefs in ways that make them feel more extreme than they are.

Just this week but usually we agree a lot and you might not say it but I think the Vinny podcast about him and Paxson was dedicated to me :laugh:

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Haha, I remember you were the sole VDN supporter for much of the season, and you've done a lot to convince me to give him more rope as well.

I've always been a strong Paxson supporter though.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Would have been better had it been Rondo but I will take what we can get. I feel bad for Powe because he is such a good guy. I bet they activate Brian Scalabrine for Thursday.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Haha, I remember you were the sole VDN supporter for much of the season, and you've done a lot to convince me to give him more rope as well.

I've always been a strong Paxson supporter though.

I'm a strong strong Paxson supporter

With Vinny it's I'm just trying to be fair and know that in year 3 he will be better than year 1 and that when Rose becomes the guy we all think he will be Vinny will also look better

Vinny reminds me a lot of Mike Brown to be honest as far as people never gave him credit and thought he was a bad coach.

I'm just trying to preach patience with him

Now on to Powe if Boston decides to use Pierce at the PF spot at times in the game that helps us big time.

We'll be able to use Rose-Gordon-Hinrich and Salmons which I think would be to our advantage

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I rather have BJ Armstrong as GM. He seem like he would do a better job.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Paxson acts like a Republican when it comes to incorporating risk. Oh yeah, does anyone know what happen when you fouled out a ton of the opposing teams roster and no one left?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:

Now thats loyalty :dry:

Pax has resurrected this franchise while JK and BJ were twirling their thumbs. I will always be loyal to John. He landed us key guys via the draft, trade, signings etc. I will always be grateful to him. He has always in my opnion been under appreciated by Bulls fans.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The Bulls need to force feed the ball to Gordon at the beginning of next game. Without Garnett in there, the Celtics cannot stop Gordon on the drive. And the Celtics will probably bring a big men out to double team on Gordon, and Gordon is great at drawing those blocking fouls on big men outside of the three point line.

If they come with the double with a perimeter player, obviously swing the ball to Rose/Salmons, and let them attack the Celtics' interior. I'm not so worried about Big Baby, but Kendrick Perkins has a history of destroying us. If we can get him out for most of the game, I think we should do quite well.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Powe didn't play much last game and we still got destroyed on the glass. With that said, I think this hurts Boston badly, as they are really testing thier piss poor bench now.

The series is right here for the taking fellas. Garnet, out. Powe, out. Rondo, injured.

We need to take it one game at a time, but IMO, game 3 is a must win for the Bulls. Have to defend your homecourt. The same goes for game 4.

If we can head back to Boston with a 3-1 lead, we will win this series, no doubt about it.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
We need to attack their big men hard and get them in foul trouble. That should be a lot easier at home. We also need to have our guys work hard to fight them on the glass, as Noah and Tyrus can play above the rim while none of there guys are really above the rim players.
Agreed, go right at Perkins, he doesn't block many shots but fouls a lot. He is also their only true center and he anchors their front court now. They will be small without him.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
Paxson acts like a Republican when it comes to incorporating risk. Oh yeah, does anyone know what happen when you fouled out a ton of the opposing teams roster and no one left?

A team can have no less than 5 players on the court. If they have say 10 people in uniform, only 5 people can foul out. After the first 5 foul outs, the other 5 guys get unlimited fouls. Then if one of those 5 gets injured, then the last guy to foul out can replace him.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
Update on the other celtics injuries

Celtics forward Brian Scalabrine has been cleared to practice with the team tomorrow and could play as soon as Thursday night, according to Celtics coach Doc Rivers. Scalabrine has suffered three concussions this season and has not played since Feb. 23 at Denver.

Rajon Rondo attended practice today but avoided the more physical drills. He isn't expected to practice tomorrow due to an ankle injury, but Rivers said he expects him to play in Game 3 on Thursday in Chicago.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:

Why? Why would you possibly think that.

Just as an FYI, BJ Armstrong is THE reason we traded Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler. He was the driving force behind the Tyson is the next KG.

I'm not trying to be insulting, but do you know anything about BJ Armstrong's decisions when he was working for the Bulls to make a judgment on whether he'd be a good GM? The only one I really know about was his insane manlove for Chandler which went horribly awry.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
The series is right here for the taking fellas. Garnet, out. Powe, out. Rondo, injured.

Rondo's probably 100% or near it by Thursday's game.

fola

Liked Posts:
So Doug,

Would now be a bad time to start my MJ should be our next GM thread? :D