Isola: Lebron Wants to Win for Cle, then Leave

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Frank Isola reports that most of those in LeBron James' inner circle think he will sign with the Knicks a little over a year from now.

"I've always felt that LeBron would stay but when you talk to people close to him - business people - the majority of them believe he'll be a Knick," writes Isola.

James may feel that winning a championship in Cleveland would allow him to leave town on good terms.

"The thinking is that LeBron would be more inclined to chase his dream of becoming the world's first billion dollar athlete in New York if he were to leave behind a title with the Cavs," writes Isola. "There are those who believe that LeBron wouldn't want to split from his hometown without having raised a championship banner."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...lebron_wants_to_leave_cleveland_with_a_title/

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Does anyone really believe that if Lebron wins a championship that will make Cleveland OK with him leaving? "Good terms" doesn't seem possible if he wants to leave. Maybe "want to kill him slightly less" terms.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
A NY writer suggesting LeBron to NY. No way!

I cant even mention the knicks to knicks fans here in New York because all they talk about is Lebron.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
If Lakers lose to Cavs in finals I call a fix.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I don't get the Lebron to knicks stuff. He could make the same amount of money in endorsements in Chicago, challenge MJ as the greatest ever, and play on upcoming team

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
I don't get the Lebron to knicks stuff. He could make the same amount of money in endorsements in Chicago, challenge MJ as the greatest ever, and play on upcoming team

Yup. He'd have the ideal number two man for any superstar in Ben Gordon. And then he'd have an amazing point guard on top of that.

Choosing New York over Chicago would be insane. Are there really that many extra endorsements available from playing in New York? It's not like the Cavs aren't on national tv all the time. Miami would be another situation better than New York. Go down and play with Wade and B-Easy.

Going to New York, when they haven't made the playoffs in how long???? Just seems dumb. Maybe he wants credit for bringing professional basketball back to life in New York, but it still seems dumb to me.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
You're assuming the rumors are about what LeBron wants, rather than about the rumor writers fantasies.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
It's really sad that people in NY are still holding on to this LeBron coming to NY idea. So pathetic. I can't wait until he signs his extension with Cleveland.
Then they can start coming up with their trade ideas :laugh:

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Then they can start coming up with their trade ideas :laugh:

Oooh I know, in 2010 LeBron for Curry's expiring contract and a future first.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:

challenge MJ? challenge him to what? surely not as the greatest of all time or the greatest ever as a Bull.