Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1. #1
    Senior Member ChiSoxCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,872
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default 2014 NBA Draft>>Chicago Bulls

    Since we're officially on the clock, what's our draft position, and who do we take in the 1st round?

    Here's my guess:

    Judging from the mocks I've seen, the Bulls will have the 10th overall, and #15 with the Bobcats pick.

    10. Aaron Gordon, PF
    15. Jahii Carson, PG

    With Boozer gone, the Bulls will need depth at PF. I'm hoping they get another 1st rounder somehow to draft a SF as well.

    All the mocks have Parker going to Milwaukee, Wiggins to Utah and Randall to Denver.

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #2
    The One Who Knocks AirGordon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,288
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    we dont need more PF depth...nikola will be on his way over

    Gary Harris @ #10
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by scottiepippen1994 Hidden Content
    LoL, the only thing Ben Gordon would hold onto of Rips, is his wheel chair handles to help push his glass frame around.

  4. #3
    Senior Member ChiSoxCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,872
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poohdini View Post
    we dont need more PF depth...nikola will be on his way over

    Gary Harris @ #10
    If the Bulls trade Taj, they will need an NBA ready PF whether Mirotic comes or not. Mirotic, like all Euro players, will need time to get used to the speed and physicality of the NBA.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    534

    Default

    If the cut Boozer and trade Taij they'll need a new coach too because Thibs can't be as in love with Mirotic as some fans. You people who think they will make a much of deals and have a far younger roster are nuts.

    With what they will probably have I would say they draft at least one 2 or 3 in the first and a 5 in the second. Rose comes back and they can keep Augustin and Hinrich. Snell maybe starts at the 2 and Butler at the 3, Dunleavy behind them with Noah maybe Nazr in the middle, Boozer likely returns with Gibson backing them both up. Maybe Mirotic is able to come over who knows.

  6. #5
    Senior Member ginny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Gary IN.
    Posts
    146
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSoxCity View Post
    Since we're officially on the clock, what's are draft position, and who do we take in the 1st round?

    Here's my guess:

    Judging from the mocks I've seen, the Bulls will have the 10th overall, and #15 with the Bobcats pick.

    10. Aaron Gordon, PF
    15. Jahii Carson, PG

    With Boozer gone, the Bulls will need depth at PF. I'm hoping they get another 1st rounder somehow to draft a SF as well.

    All the mocks have Parker going to Milwaukee, Wiggins to Utah and Randall to Denver.
    What I have read on him is that he is still a little raw.

    IMO, he has good size for an NBA SF with good athleticism, and could be a good option in the 18-20 range if he can improve his jumper and FT%.

  7. #6
    Cheese Eyes TimeIsMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,403
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSoxCity View Post
    Since we're officially on the clock, what's are draft position, and who do we take in the 1st round?

    Here's my guess:

    Judging from the mocks I've seen, the Bulls will have the 10th overall, and #15 with the Bobcats pick.

    10. Aaron Gordon, PF
    15. Jahii Carson, PG

    With Boozer gone, the Bulls will need depth at PF. I'm hoping they get another 1st rounder somehow to draft a SF as well.

    All the mocks have Parker going to Milwaukee, Wiggins to Utah and Randall to Denver.
    Watch him stay at Duke another year to play with Jahlil then
    Alltime Bulls starting lineup (1989-present)
    C: Joakim Noah (2013-14)
    PF: Dennis Rodman (1995-96)
    SF: Scottie Pippen (1993-94)
    SG: Michael Jordan (1991-92)
    PG: Derrick Rose (2010-11)

  8. #7
    Bulging Metcalf FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,980
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'm not a huge Aaron Gordon guy.

  9. #8
    Bulging Metcalf FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,980
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    NBAdraft.net has the Bulls taking Jerami Grant from Syracuse at #9 and Aaron Gordon at #19

  10. #9
    Bulging Metcalf FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,980
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    CBS has the Bulls taking Willie Cauley-Stein at #8

  11. #10
    Senior Member Scoot26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Glendale Heights, IL
    Posts
    14,025
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Man I need to start watching college basketball now so I can know who the hell all these guys are. Usually I don't pay attention until March.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Monk316 Hidden Content
    I'm calling that Conte is going to have a great year.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoot26 For This Useful Post:


  13. #11
    Cheese Eyes TimeIsMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,403
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoot26 View Post
    Man I need to start watching college basketball now so I can know who the hell all these guys are. Usually I don't pay attention until March.
    I've started following cbb even more closely since November 22
    Alltime Bulls starting lineup (1989-present)
    C: Joakim Noah (2013-14)
    PF: Dennis Rodman (1995-96)
    SF: Scottie Pippen (1993-94)
    SG: Michael Jordan (1991-92)
    PG: Derrick Rose (2010-11)

  14. #12
    Strigoi! clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,910
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I personally am not a fan of Aaron Gordon either. I think he's gonna end up like Michael Beasley at best but more likely like Derrick Williams. I'd focus our efforts on a scoring wing player...maybe even 2. One for a starter, the other for a 6th man role.

    Backup C would be another option to look at with the later pick. Get some solid depth behind Noah because I don't think Mirotic will be able to defend NBA centers well unless he bulks up a lot.

  15. #13
    Senior Member ChiSoxCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,872
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Yeah, Mirotic is a typical Euro big... very good offensive skills, but severely challenged on the defensive end of the court. He's probably a little better than Boozer in the paint, but about equal on defense.

  16. #14
    DO YOU WANT....A TACO!? CODE_BLUE56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    19,369
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimeIsMoney View Post
    Watch him stay at Duke another year to play with Jahlil then
    Yea...I doubt that.

  17. #15
    Strigoi! clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,910
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSoxCity View Post
    Yeah, Mirotic is a typical Euro big... very good offensive skills, but severely challenged on the defensive end of the court. He's probably a little better than Boozer in the paint, but about equal on defense.
    At least he looks like he tries. From what I've seen it seems like he just lacks the strength to bang with stronger big men. Combine that with his lack of athleticism and there's not a whole lot you can do. I don't think he's as bad as Boozer because it looked like he knew where to position himself and again, he put forth effort. Boozer is just clueless and doesn't really try.

  18. #16
    Senior Member RoseMVP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,956
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Cauley-Stein wouldn't be a bad pick if we were picking at the back end of the lottery. I think he'll be as good as Tyson Chandler, it would be a good move for depth/size since Nazr and Murphy are essentially worthless.

    No Jerami Grant, great athleticism but that's about it.
    @RobMVP1
    Hidden Content

  19. #17
    Strigoi! clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,910
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    Cauley-Stein wouldn't be a bad pick if we were picking at the back end of the lottery. I think he'll be as good as Tyson Chandler, it would be a good move for depth/size since Nazr and Murphy are essentially worthless.

    No Jerami Grant, great athleticism but that's about it.
    Only issue I have with guys like Cauley-Stein and Patric Young is that they're so limited offensively. We need more scoring on this team. Having a couple guys off the bench that could score would be a big lift for us. Still...their defensive impact is pretty big so they're still useful players. In a 20 mpg role, they could be solid.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to clonetrooper264 For This Useful Post:


  21. #18
    The One Who Knocks AirGordon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,288
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    last thing is we need is another high motor guy that cant put the ball in the hoop

    we need offense offense offense and more offense...lets rebuild/retool the team right....i want alteast 2 guys that can create their shot in the starting lineup and one off the bench
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by scottiepippen1994 Hidden Content
    LoL, the only thing Ben Gordon would hold onto of Rips, is his wheel chair handles to help push his glass frame around.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to AirGordon7 For This Useful Post:


  23. #19
    Senior Member RoseMVP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,956
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poohdini View Post
    last thing is we need is another high motor guy that cant put the ball in the hoop

    we need offense offense offense and more offense...lets rebuild/retool the team right....i want alteast 2 guys that can create their shot in the starting lineup and one off the bench
    More than likely you won't find that guy picking towards the end of the lottery, that's why I think Cauley-Stein would be a good pickup at that point because he fills a need and will, at the very least, be a good rebounder/defender with size.

    How does everyone feel about Joel Embiid or Dante Exum? If we were drafting and Wiggins/Parker were off the board but both of them were on, would you take one of them or someone else? All the experts say they both have the ceiling of a franchise player. I haven't seen Embiid enough to form an opinion and I've never seen Exum play at all.
    @RobMVP1
    Hidden Content

  24. #20
    Strigoi! clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,910
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    More than likely you won't find that guy picking towards the end of the lottery, that's why I think Cauley-Stein would be a good pickup at that point because he fills a need and will, at the very least, be a good rebounder/defender with size.

    How does everyone feel about Joel Embiid or Dante Exum? If we were drafting and Wiggins/Parker were off the board but both of them were on, would you take one of them or someone else? All the experts say they both have the ceiling of a franchise player. I haven't seen Embiid enough to form an opinion and I've never seen Exum play at all.
    Haven't seen Embiid at all, but I have seen a little of Exum and from what I can tell he's a Michael Carter-Williams type PG who can't shoot. He said he models his game after DRose. Not sure how well he would fit playing alongside Rose, but his skillset is definitely useful for this team. He can create offense for sure. He's more of a point than a 2 guard, but he's got good instincts off the ball.

  25. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •