2014 NBA Draft>>Chicago Bulls

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
More than likely you won't find that guy picking towards the end of the lottery, that's why I think Cauley-Stein would be a good pickup at that point because he fills a need and will, at the very least, be a good rebounder/defender with size.

How does everyone feel about Joel Embiid or Dante Exum? If we were drafting and Wiggins/Parker were off the board but both of them were on, would you take one of them or someone else? All the experts say they both have the ceiling of a franchise player. I haven't seen Embiid enough to form an opinion and I've never seen Exum play at all.

If Embiid or Exum are available, of course you take them. They're both rated top 10/top 5 in most drafts, which means they probably won't be there when the Bulls draft. That could change if the Bulls trade Deng for a pick and a player, which they could flip for a higher pick. Plenty of ways PAXGAR could make the team better if they want to.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
An interesting choice with our 2nd round pick if he fell that far would be Isaiah Austin. Has a low post game as well as shooting touch and looks like a spidery shot blocker.

GRIII would be a great pick imo. I've seen him in mocks go as low as in the 20s so if he's there when we have the Bobcats pick (assuming they don't fall out of the playoffs) that would be my pick.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the point is to tank this season and get a high lottery....with how bad this team has been i dont think its much of a stretch to say that we could be picking top 10...especially if we make moves like trading Deng

ideally i want a pick in he 1-7 range (Parker, Wiggins, Embiid, Randle, Smart, Exum, LaVine...one of these guys will be available)

if the NY teams (who dont even have their pick) weren't such garbage we'd be top 7 right now

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
the point is to tank this season and get a high lottery....with how bad this team has been i dont think its much of a stretch that we could be picking top 10...especially if we makes move like trading Deng

ideally i want a pick in he 1-7 range

Forget about Utah, Sacramento and Denver, have you looked at the Eastern conference standings lately? :)

Teams are falling all over themselves to tank. I'm all for a lottery pick for the Bulls, but our chances are slim to none. I've been looking at mock drafts for a few days now. Not a sinlge one has the Bulls picking higher than 10th. If the Bulls want Parker, Wiggins or Randall, it's going to take some shrewd maneuvering and sacrifice to get them.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i agree getting a top 3 pick is a reach

but top 10 is not....this is obviously not the same team we had last year without rose....this team sucks

of course things could change and the Bulls could somehow find a groove and start winning...but i hope not because its pointless to win this year

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I agree for the most part. With Deng and Butler back, and DJ balling, we may get more useless wins than we should.

No matter how much the Bears and Bulls suck, they always seem to play themselves out of the lottery/high picks.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Bulls only chance at a top 3-5 pick is to find a playoff team willing to take Deng for a 1st rounder and whatever salary dump they have so the bulls could then trade 2 of their 3 1st Rd picks (bobcat) for a top 5 pick or they could use those picks to land a good young pro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree for the most part. With Deng and Butler back, and DJ balling, we may get more useless wins than we should.

No matter how much the Bears and Bulls suck, they always seem to play themselves out of the lottery/high picks.
In the perfect world we don't win a game for the rest of the season, trade Deng for another lotto pick and thus have 3 1st rounders to play with. Too bad it's not a perfect world.

Still...the ping pong balls might roll in our favor. Maybe not a top 3 pick, but we could end up a couple spots higher than we deserve (like picking 7th when we are projected for 10th). Maybe that's all the difference we need to get an impact player.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fwiw, there's a lot of talk from my cps peeps that Parker might stay a second year.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Mirotic is a typical Euro big... very good offensive skills, but severely challenged on the defensive end of the court. He's probably a little better than Boozer in the paint, but about equal on defense.

Man, guy's like you are going to be surprised by Mirotic. He ain't your typical Euro big, he simply the best Euro big. He's won more Euro MVP's than any other Euro big. Mirotic will give the Bulls much of what Tony Kukoc did. He will be a great team player for the Bulls and will fit in great with the core that the Bulls have.

I've watched a lot of video on this guy, and he's tough, and has an extremely high basketball IQ! I believe many of you guy's are underestimating what he'll bring to the table for the Bulls.

ginny

Liked Posts:
I too have watched a bit of video on him. This dude can hit from anywhere.
I really hope he is on the roster next year, and agree with you that he will be a pleasant surprise to some...

I said on a previous post on another thread, that the addition of Mirotic, a good draft and a healthy Rose, and this will be a contender in the East.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Man, guy's like you are going to be surprised by Mirotic. He ain't your typical Euro big, he simply the best Euro big. He's won more Euro MVP's than any other Euro big. Mirotic will give the Bulls much of what Tony Kukoc did. He will be a great team player for the Bulls and will fit in great with the core that the Bulls have.

I've watched a lot of video on this guy, and he's tough, and has an extremely high basketball IQ! I believe many of you guy's are underestimating what he'll bring to the table for the Bulls.

I've watched video of Mirotic, and I think your impressions are accurate. He is intelligent, shoots extremely well and can pass. The problem is Euro players aren't used to the physicality and speed of the NBA. Despite David Stern's efforts to adopt the Euro style for the NBA, Mirotic will still need a few years in the league to get acclimated and learn to use his size advantage on both ends of the court. Just my .02 cents.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agreed. He's certainly skilled, but he has some work to do. I don't think he's strong enough yet to hold ground in the interior if he gets posted up(he has plenty of length with a 7'1 wingspan so that helps, but he's 6'10 210, he could stand to add 15 pounds). Adding strength will also help his driving/inside game and make him more versatile as a scorer. Seems to be pretty quick but that doesn't always translate on the defensive end, so we'll have to see how he can handle on ball defense away from the basket.

Good news is that the areas that he lacks in can be worked on once he gets to the Bulls. The fact that he already has such a polished offensive game is really helpful.

I might have looked a while ago, but last time I checked he was putting up some ridiculous numbers in Europe.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I've watched video of Mirotic, and I think your impressions are accurate. He is intelligent, shoots extremely well and can pass. The problem is Euro players aren't used to the physicality and speed of the NBA. Despite David Stern's efforts to adopt the Euro style for the NBA, Mirotic will still need a few years in the league to get acclimated and learn to use his size advantage on both ends of the court. Just my .02 cents.

The kid is 22! To say he won't be ready for the NBA strength wise cuz he's from Euro is absurd, imo, as it's like saying the same for any college senior coming out!

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The kid is 22! To say he won't be ready for the NBA strength wise cuz he's from Euro is absurd, imo, as it's like saying the same for any college senior coming out!

IMO, it's not because he's from Europe, it's because he is pretty skinny(6'10 205-210) and is a perimeter-oriented big. He would probably be in a similar situation had he played college ball here, for example, although I feel he could have beefed up depending on what kind of strength and conditioning he goes through. It depends.

Either way, strength will be an issue.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I think this is a nice Video of what he can do, imo. Basically, I think he can replace what Boozer does at 1/3 the money. Only, Mirotic can shoot the three, is quicker than Booz, and will play better team defense under Thibbs. :shrug:

[video=youtube;JjaHc9Vp9wU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaHc9Vp9wU#t=827[/video]

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
IMO, it's not because he's from Europe, it's because he is pretty skinny(6'10 205-210) and is a perimeter-oriented big. He would probably be in a similar situation had he played college ball here, for example, although I feel he could have beefed up depending on what kind of strength and conditioning he goes through. It depends.

I also heard he was up to 230 lbs, which is very Kukoc like, size wise.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Strength will be an issue, as noted in the video posted, but I think in terms of immediate impact he can definitely contribute. He's got offensive skill so he's going to help us regardless of how he adjusts. I trust under Thibs that he'll be a great team defender and that he can bulk up a little along the way. He's got tools for sure. The question is whether he can fully blossom into a second star for us or if he's just another good role player. I don't think the strength thing will be as much of a factor as his ability to put the ball in the basket. Though, the two are intertwined a little.
I think this is a nice Video of what he can do, imo. Basically, I think he can replace what Boozer does at 1/3 the money. Only, Mirotic can shoot the three, is quicker than Booz, and will play better team defense under Thibbs. :shrug:

[video=youtube;JjaHc9Vp9wU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaHc9Vp9wU#t=827[/video]
Saw this video a few days ago too. Great scouting report imo.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Nikola = Ryan Anderson?

i'd be happy with that