2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well it's true, isn't it? Most of Cutler's interceptions are someone else's fault, according to many fans. Don't you think it's odd that these things happen so much more to him than the other NFL QBs? I mean it's not like the excuse of having Johnny "I can't finish a route" Knox and Devin "I don't even know where to line up" Hester as the receivers is still valid. I guess it's just bad luck?

There's no point in going down this road with you.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
It's funny how that stuff only happens to Cutler's receivers.

LOL damn man, your hate for the guy is abnormally strong. Cutler and the defense just won us two games straight, had a rough second half and now he's trash again? You do realize he has 10 TD's to 4 picks this year right? Not like he's losing any games for the Bears. Not everyone is gonna be Rodgers. And even he had a shit game last week.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Cutler to the Rams makes some sense.

We need to find a GM that fears for his job who will give up picks to try and win now. Somebody call the Redskins.

Zhang Liao

Liked Posts:
Looking at his contract and status Jay should be able to outduel Rodgers or at least come close.

I was aware at halftime it will be difficult to win the game but I did not expect an offensive meltdown.

Oh well...time for some whisky...

Hm...I´m starting to realize Bears turn me into an alcoholic....good...time to sue Emery. :D

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I find it absolutely mind boggling that people still excuse Cutler's inconstant play. I seriously do not get it. It's like they are Jay Culter fans first and Bears fans second. The extent they go to to defend him is absurd.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL damn man, your hate for the guy is abnormally strong. Cutler and the defense just won us two games straight, had a rough second half and now he's trash again? You do realize he has 10 TD's to 4 picks this year right? Not like he's losing any games for the Bears. Not everyone is gonna be Rodgers. And even he had a shit game last week.

It's typical Cutler vs the Packers stuff. Bad decisions when he needed to compete in a shootout. The defense did play well the last couple of games but you can't rely on them every week. This is an offensive team now. That's where the talent is stacked and that's the MO of the team, from the coaching staff hirings down. What good is an offensive team when faced with a shootout against their biggest divisional rival at home, fails to score a point in the second half, gives the ball away to the opponent and end up getting whacked as usual?

This is a game with two offensive teams. Marshall and Jeffery were healthy, Forte and Bennett were beasting, the scene was set for a second half duel with two talented offenses, and the QB gave the game away with a multiple turnover performance against Green Bay again.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Cutler has better players around him than Rodgers. He doesn't need to be Rodgers to put up Rodgers type numbers. Cutler is getting 85% of what a Rodgers is paid. If Cutler can play at 85% of a Rodgers level, Marshall/Jeffrey/Forte/Bennett can do the rest and match Rodgers totals.

This isn't about today's game in particular, this is about all four as well as the eleven Cutler played last year.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
I find it absolutely mind boggling that people still excuse Cutler's inconstant play. I seriously do not get it. It's like they are Jay Culter fans first and Bears fans second. The extent they go to to defend him is absurd.

Jay Cutler is a very, very small part of the Bears problems right now. He had a bad second half. No matter how good the offense is it won't matter if the D can't stop anyone. See the record breaking Broncos last year that got tooled by the Seahawks. If the D can't pressure Rodgers then they aren't going to be able to pressure much of anyone.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's typical Cutler vs the Packers stuff. Bad decisions when he needed to compete in a shootout. The defense did play well the last couple of games but you can't rely on them every week. This is an offensive team now. That's where the talent is stacked and that's the MO of the team, from the coaching staff hirings down. What good is an offensive team when faced with a shootout against their biggest divisional rival at home, fails to score a point in the second half, gives the ball away to the opponent and end up getting whacked as usual?

This is a game with two offensive teams. Marshall and Jeffery were healthy, Forte and Bennett were beasting, the scene was set for a second half duel with two talented offenses, and the QB gave the game away with a multiple turnover performance against Green Bay again.

An NFL defense should be counted on to force a team to punt at least ONCE in a 60-minute game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is a very, very small part of the Bears problems right now. He had a bad second half. No matter how good the offense is it won't matter if the D can't stop anyone. See the record breaking Broncos last year that got tooled by the Seahawks. If the D can't pressure Rodgers then they aren't going to be able to pressure much of anyone.

This.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Don't see anyone excusing it. Just pointing out that you will not win games in the NFL if the other team doesn't punt.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
An NFL defense should be counted on to force a team to punt at least ONCE in a 60-minute game.

And an offensive football team should be able to have more points than turnovers in the second half of an offensive game at home against #1 division rival. It's not like GB scored 60 points; they had 17 points in the half (14 of which came directly from Cutler's turnovers) . We didn't score any. Cutler blew it.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:

I was hoping for a better performance from him today especially after the first half but it happens. If he can play at a 2.5/1 td to int ratio the Bears should be able to win. But the defensive game plan today was heinous (especially since GB barely ran the ball) and the minute it was clear it was becoming a shootout doesn't usually bode well especially against the Pack. Rodgers owns Chicago just like Chicago owned Farve for a stretch there. Hopefully the tables will turn sooner rather than later.

And to add in I think if they make the right call on the Bennett TD at the end of the first half it might be a different game, but I'll admit it's useless to speculate.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
@danwiederer: Sounds from Trestman and Cutler that Marshall was very much to blame on the second INT. Improvised his route with no clearance to do so.-- dan weidner