Big Baby Davis

Fred

Liked Posts:
Big Baby Davis is a restricted free agent this summer. The Bulls are lacking girth in the frontcourt. I think he would be a valuable addition. How much would it take to get him? Any thoughts?

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
I think he's going to get overpaid. He won't put up half the stats in the regular as he puts up now. I'd say $3 million a year over three years plus a PO.

Right now, he's a product of poor Chicago defense. Against the likes of Cleveland or Orlando, he'll struggle to get into double-figures.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Right now Big baby is a bowling ball and he is just crushing our pins. I'd much rather go after Bosh/Amare or offer the mle to milsap or lee. Big baby is just lucking into a contract, no other team would all him to get all these open shots and lay ups.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
One slanty eyed LSU player on our team is enough.

cool007

Liked Posts:
MLE.

The way he is playing in the first round, He will definitely get MLE from some team. I don't know if Bulls will offer that though.

Maybe if Gordon is gone then they might.

Rerisen

Liked Posts:
He's big, really big. Which is fine when he is young and fairly agile. But this guy could Eddy Curry himself into obsolescence in a few years if he's not careful. I don't see anything special there.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I don't think he's special, but he's killing the long mid range jumper, and with how good a pick he can set that makes him a pretty valuable offensive player. He's also got the bulk to do damage inside at times.

I think he's going to be a solid pro. You're right in that longevity may be an issue with him, but a number of players who've been huge in college have controlled their weight in the pros (Udanis Haslem, Carlos Boozer, Kendrick Perkins (HS), Al Jefferson (HS) etc..).

I'm not leaping head first as fast as I can to offer Davis a full MLE, but I wouldn't blame some team for doing it either if they think his performance with KG out is legit.

Just think of how good we'd be right now if we had Glen Davis's performance instead of Tyrus Thomas's. We'd be killing the Celtics.

Rerisen

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Just think of how good we'd be right now if we had Glen Davis's performance instead of Tyrus Thomas's. We'd be killing the Celtics.

Perhaps. But Tyrus Thomas did win that game for us in overtime, even if he will never hit consecutive clutch shots like that in his career again.

I'm also not convinced if you stick Glen Davis on the Bulls, he automatically performs like he does for the Celtics. In fact, maybe he is only performing like that because he is playing Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah. Not like they haven't been dominated by lesser players, including his teammates Leon Powe and even Mikki Moore back on the Nets.

I'm not sure why we were even giving Glen Davis totally wide open jumpers early on? Is he so fast and sure handed with the ball, that he can beat Tyrus off the dribble? I mean, I know we would rather have the Celtics get that shot than Pierce or Ray get a good one, but often in those first two games, we had the shot clock under 10 and could probably have reduced his percentage quite a bit by a getting a hand up, without risking the Celtics getting too much better if he passed at that point.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
You're right, after looking at his season numbers, they are pathetic in all the advanced statistics. He must be playing way over his head right now.

The Bulls could use someone who could just set a good pick and then hit an open jumper, but I don't know if Glen Davis has really done that all year given how poor his metrics are.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Big Baby is having a nice little run, and sometimes team over pay for guys when they have a nice playoff. But I wouldn't want any part of him. He's just a role player playing over his head right now.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
He seems like the type you pay and you look back and say wow we wasted money.