OT: Does early exits mean firings for these

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
two coaches?

Stan Van Gundy

Michael Curry

I know Michael is a young head coach but I don't think the players respected him at all. As for Van Gundy if he doesn't get out of the first round I think he deserves to get fired. He has an expensive and talented roster and his team is far more superior than the Sixers. I dont want to hear injuries as an excuse for his team.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I think Van Gundy will get fired if they get knocked out by the Sixers, and I think that Avery Johnson would be the most logical candidate to replace him. Avery brought Dirk's game to new levels, and tried to toughen him up in the low post, but Dirk didn't respond. I think Dwight would respond well to Avery's pushing.

cool007

Liked Posts:
I doubt van gundy will get fired and I doubt Magic will be out in the first round.

Mike Curry? They are just waiting for the season to be over. He will be fired the same or next day.

I also hope Vinny is fired as well if we lose the next 2.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I don't think VDN will be fired regardless of what happens in this series.

I also think Curry will get some more rope, that team simply isn't all that good that he's coaching.

SVG is an interesting case, would you fire someone for winning 60 games and losing in the playoffs? Clearly the regular season success was huge. Still, I don't think they'll lose to the 76ers.

wjb1492

Liked Posts:
I don't think Curry will be out, for the same reason as Doug - look what he's had to work with this year. And while I don't think the old guys really bought in and are playing hard for him, you can say that about several coaches over the last few years as far as those guys are concerned. I think it much more likely the roster gets a major overhaul and Curry gets another chance to show what he's got next year.

Van Gundy, I'm not sure about, just because of some of the rumors floating around about him wearing out his welcome with his "motivational" approach. I don't think just based on record and first round loss he'd be automatically gone, but if those rumors are true and they go out in the first maybe that's enough of a reason.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
vdn is staying, especially with a cheap owner and how he made the playoffs.

curry in my opinion will probably stay, because he's also a first year head coach and his roster is an absolute mess. they'll give him another chance.

van gundy is probably staying, because it would be ridiculous to fire a coach who raised the magics win totals so much to be fired

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Remember Shaqs comments on Stan? :laugh: